Granite Bad Motor or bad esc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dclc98

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Arrma Granite Meg 4X4 brushed. When I plug in 2S, I get steering only, no forward or reverse. No beeping sound when you first turn on truck at the esc switch. When I throttle forward lights on the esc lights up, but nothing happens. Also noticed, but may be normal when you turn the wheels by hand the drive staff doesn’t turn/I gage, like I thought it did, neither does the motor, however if you put inward pressure on either both front or back tires and turn the drive staff turns and the motor blades turn. I thinking bad motor, But should I just replace both. Motor and esc.

When you have the wheels of the ground.. And you turn the front-right wheel by hand.. In a clockwise motion.. Your front left wheel needs to turn anti-clockwise by itself.. Centre driveshaft wont be movin in this case

If you turn both front wheels at the same time and in the same direction.. Centre driveshaft should be turning..

I don't know if the motor should be turning when centre driveshaft is turning.. Cause you have a centre slipper.. Wich i don't how that suppost to work..

So either motor or ESC..

Did your ESC ever produce any beeping sounds?

When you full throttle it.. Does the green ESC LED light up?

Last edited:
When you have the wheels of the ground.. And you turn the front-right wheel by hand.. In a clockwise motion.. Your front left wheel needs to turn anti-clockwise by itself.. Centre driveshaft wont be movin in this case

If you turn both front wheels at the same time and in the same direction.. Centre driveshaft should be turning..

I don't know if the motor should be turning when centre driveshaft is turning.. Cause you have a centre slipper.. Wich i don't how that suppost to work..

So either motor or ESC..

Did your ESC ever produce any beeping sounds?

When you full throttle it.. Does the green ESC LED light up?
No beeps, when I throttle red lights comes on on the esc

No beeps, when I throttle red lights comes on on the esc

The beeps (sound) come from the motor. If the motor is bad it will not beep. You have a bad motor easy way to check any brushed motor is to hook power directly to the motor leads if it doesn't spin replace the motor. Check power output of the esc with a multimeter on the esc motor leads and see if it is sending power to the motor or just hook up a known good motor if you have one to check. Call Horizon if still in warranty they should send you a new motor and/or esc if either one or both are bad. If you want to buy and try a different motor try a Traxxas 12T Titan 550 or Holmes hobbies Trailmaster 12T 550. I would just buy a cheap brushless setup with like a 3650 3100kv motor and not worry about brushed motors. Brushless does not have to be a drastic increase in speed and power than brushed just have to pick the right size and kv motor. Brushless will also be more power efficient. Just throwing that out there about brushless.

Did the ESC beep before? Like when you just got the truck and turned it on?
The esc doesn't beep, the motor makes the noises. Basically the same principle as how they do this.

Easiest way to test the motor is to remove it from the truck and hook a battery directly to the leads. If it spins motor is good if it's doesn't spin motor is toast.
The beeps (sound) come from the motor. If the motor is bad it will not beep. You have a bad motor easy way to check any brushed motor is to hook power directly to the motor leads if it doesn't spin replace the motor. Check power output of the esc with a multimeter on the esc motor leads and see if it is sending power to the motor or just hook up a known good motor if you have one to check. Call Horizon if still in warranty they should send you a new motor and/or esc if either one or both are bad. If you want to buy and try a different motor try a Traxxas 12T Titan 550 or Holmes hobbies Trailmaster 12T 550. I would just buy a cheap brushless setup with like a 3650 3100kv motor and not worry about brushed motors. Brushless does not have to be a drastic increase in speed and power than brushed just have to pick the right size and kv motor. Brushless will also be more power efficient. Just throwing that out there about brushless.
I would go Holmes over the Traxxas all day every day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back