Bad Servo..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Typhon TLR
Just finished a rebuild on my old Losi Ten-T nitro and was resetting/testing endpoints, etc., and seems my throttle servo just went kaput.

It worked, then it didn’t - lol. It was a little warm to the touch, not hot, just a little warm. I checked the wiring and I had it installed correctly. I’ve never had one go on me (believe it or not).

Is this pretty indicative of what happens when they go…., they just “go”…lol?

Thanks!

Just finished a rebuild on my old Losi Ten-T nitro and was resetting/testing endpoints, etc., and seems my throttle servo just went kaput.

It worked, then it didn’t - lol. It was a little warm to the touch, not hot, just a little warm. I checked the wiring and I had it installed correctly. I’ve never had one go on me (believe it or not).

Is this pretty indicative of what happens when they go…., they just “go”…lol?

Thanks!
If it’s a spekturm one yes. They just quit. But for the most part you can tell when one is going bad
When they get warm they tend to fail even quicker another example louder than usual,

If it’s a spekturm one yes. They just quit. But for the most part you can tell when one is going bad
When they get warm they tend to fail even quicker another example louder than usual,
Thanks, it was a “Losi” branded servo. It’s ~15 years old, so I guess it’s about time - lol.

Wondering if it got too much voltage (rated for 6v). I bypassed the ROSS system and circuitry and replaced it with a digital power switch:

Batt to power switch to receiver (vs batt to ROSS, ROSS to mech power switch, to Receiver)

Wondering if the ROSS circuit had a voltage regulator in it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back