Talion Bad spectrum esc??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
Well I was running my Talion EXB and brought it in the check my motor and esc temps as I usually do, motor was 135f esc 128f, put kit back on and went to take on and it shimmied and didn’t move, I turned it off then back on and it just makes a click sound from the esc and the green light flashes with the click sound and nothing happens, all my fans do run but dead no movement. Is this how they usually fail?

Try recalibration
8A16C87B-7889-472F-831E-08A06B71B91C.png

just in case it somehow undid itself

Pay attention to how many flashes and report back.
May guess it's 4. In that case disconnect the motor wires, power ESC on and see if that fixed it.
Power off, reconnect motor and try again.
Might be a dead one.

LED flashes green with short single pulses - The ESC is in thermal shutoff mode
LED flashes green with three short pulses repeating - The ESC has exceeded the continuous current limit
LED flashes green with four short pulses repeating - The ESC has failed the self test
LED flashes green with five short pulses repeating - Capacitor temp has been exceeded

Pay attention to how many flashes and report back.
May guess it's 4. In that case disconnect the motor wires, power ESC on and see if that fixed it.
Power off, reconnect motor and try again.
Might be a dead one.

LED flashes green with short single pulses - The ESC is in thermal shutoff mode
LED flashes green with three short pulses repeating - The ESC has exceeded the continuous current limit
LED flashes green with four short pulses repeating - The ESC has failed the self test
LED flashes green with five short pulses repeating - Capacitor temp has been exceeded
It just clicks and flash’s on every click as long as you leave it on, I’m pretty sure the esc took a crap.

First thing I did was unplug the motor, but I was on the phone with Amainhobbies and they said it’s dead. They are sending me another one, just in time for my 3 day weekend….great timing…I have 9 RCs to chose from but this one was getting a lot of use it was in my top 4 next to my Tekno mt410, et48 2.0 and my outcast 8s….I guess I’ll put the xmaxx into the rotation I just hate that it handles like a sky scraper balancing on sk8 board. Maybe I’ll take my xr8 plus combo out of the et48 2.0 for the weekend. I knew this was going to happen. After a horrible beginning with this thing I went problem free for so long I just knew the esc would go in the back of my head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back