Badlands 3.8's Not taped?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC DUDE81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Typhon 3s
Anyone ever tried the 3.8 badlands (not MX 38's) "un taped" on the Kraton or Outcast? I've been running the Taped ones on my Kraton and they work very well even on big jumps. Very fast and responsive. 500k in the center still gives me good mid air correcting. I want to get another set but I know un taped would be better wheel spin and better air control but I was wondering about ballooning on 6s? 1mill in the center may be needed. hmm. My stock Backflip tires just don't last very long. They start to deteriorate after about 2 months. I run Talion Katars on my Custom outcast and love how it handles but looking for an alternative. Just want to get some feedback before I invest in a set.

I run 3.8 Badlands on my Talion on 6S with 1M in center diff and it handles/flies like a dream they do balloon but not terrible......I seal the holes in my wheels with black tape and vent the tires with 2 holes 180 degrees apart....Off road they are just plain nasty...I have run them on my Outcast and it performed very well but I prefer the Backflips on it...Talion backflips with ease on the Badlands...They are by far my favorite tire....

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried the 3.8 badlands (not MX 38's) "un taped" on the Kraton or Outcast? I've been running the Taped ones on my Kraton and they work very well even on big jumps. Very fast and responsive. 500k in the center still gives me good mid air correcting. I want to get another set but I know un taped would be better wheel spin and better air control but I was wondering about ballooning on 6s? 1mill in the center may be needed. hmm. My stock Backflip tires just don't last very long. They start to deteriorate after about 2 months. I run Talion Katars on my Custom outcast and love how it handles but looking for an alternative. Just want to get some feedback before I invest in a set.

I have a set of Badlands 3.8 mounted on stock Kraton wheels, that I run on a Kraton and flat love it on those tires. They are not taped (I found that not worth doing. It comes loose too easy) 500k in the center and ballooning is fairly minimal. Only downside for me is much reduced in air control but I am used to Backflips which I run the most. I would love to find something comparable but in between the two in both height and width.

Yeah quite a difference in air control between the two, but hands down they are both amazing tires...If you do find the perfect (in between tire) let me know!!!

I run 3.8 Badlands on my Talion on 6S with 1M in center diff and it handles/flies like a dream they do balloon but not terrible......I seal the holes in my wheels with black tape and vent the tires with 2 holes 180 degrees apart....Off road they are just plain nasty...I have run them on my Outcast and it performed very well but I prefer the Backflips on it...Talion backflips with ease on the Badlands...They are by far my favorite tire....
Thanks so much for your input! I'll definitely vent them. I do that now to all my tires before they even hit the truck! Good to know they perform well! I'm going to try 1 mill center diff in my Kraton with the Taped badlands for hopefully faster corrections. She still fly's great and takes the landing better than I thought. The Backflips are probably the best all around bash tire there is but it's fun to experiment different setups! I'll definitely try a stock set of Badlands and give it a rip! Thanks again bro for the feedback!

Yeah quite a difference in air control between the two, but hands down they are both amazing tires...If you do find the perfect (in between tire) let me know!!![/QUOTE
Good to hear! I'm getting into the agile and responsiveness of smaller tires. Not much on the HUGE TIRE look anyway. LOL A lot of people recommend Trenchers 40 series but IMHO, That's too much tire, wheelspin and it's hard on temps and electronics. I absolutely LOVE the Katars. I vent them and run them on my Talion and 2nd Outcast. Talk about ripping around!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back