Kraton Badlands vs trenchers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaden1308

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering what tires to get proline badlands or trenchers I want to have really good grip off road and a little bit on road so mostly witch one will have more grip and will be good for flips

Badlands wear out very fast on road. Both have incredible grip off road. Depending on size of wheel you are looking for backflip lps give really good on and off road grip and they take awhile to wear out.

He means Backflip LP. They are smaller and lighter than the regular Backflips.
Ok but so if the teencher are all around better than what should I do about ballooning because I heard that it's really bad with he trencher but the belted ones are more expensive and apparently there pretty heavy

for all around i would vote trenchers. If you can disassemble and glue yourself you can always try the gorilla tape inside. I did that on my son's slash. On my outcast I don't think ill ever use anything other than the 6s or 4s backflips. The 6s version can be had so cheap that I wouldn't care about wearing them down on the street.

Ok but so if the teencher are all around better than what should I do about ballooning because I heard that it's really bad with he trencher but the belted ones are more expensive and apparently there pretty heavy
I have belted MX2.8 Trencher HP tires on my truggified Typhon 3s: they are both heavy and expensive. They are fantastic off road, and they do grip well on pavement. I haven't run them enough to determine how well they wear.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

I have belted MX2.8 Trencher HP tires on my truggified Typhon 3s: they are both heavy and expensive. They are fantastic off road, and they do grip well on pavement. I haven't run them enough to determine how well they wear.
I'm glad the belted trenchers are working good on the 3S Typhon. I just tried them on my 6S truggified Typhon and they absolutely stink. No traction at all and super stiff and heavy. I was so disappointed. Maybe my rig is just too heavy. I put the MX 2.8's back on and those tires just hook up.

Last edited:
Yeah I honestly think trenchers have horrible grip compared to Badlands or backflips. I bought trenchers once and never again. They are cool looking but the Badlands or backflips are my absolute favorite without a doubt. I'm with @Dubbl-A i was really disappointed in trenchers

I don't have experience with Trenchers but I have the Belted badlands 3.8 on my K6S. Plenty of grip on offroad and no balloning which is an added benefit .I also have the Backflip LPs when I want more of a lighter/agile rig. The Belted badlands are definitely heavier and larger than stock copperheads. I suggest not to run these on road as you'll chew up the tread. Better to have a separate onroad tires for that.

If cost is an issue for you, that I'd go with the 6s backflips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back