Talion Badly broken front end, need help with parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigT Money

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Also both back wheels have a crack in the plastic rim of the tire and they wobble. Should I get new tires?
If you guys could tell me the parts I need I'd really appreciate it,

Thanks.

20201216_204912.jpg

20201216_204541.jpg

20201216_211337.jpg

20201216_204310.jpg

Can't fully see everything but looks like at the minimum you will need new front shock tower, looks like also will need front suspension hangers, hinge pins possibly, looks like front gearbox is broken. I'd pull everything off the front end and check your chassis looks like it snapped at the front mount holes like mine did as it's sitting bent to the left or you got lucky and just snapped the screw holding the front steering assembly. Need to really just pull everything apart and get a better idea what is broken and what isn't. Also yes you will need new rims and tires cracked rims are trash.

In addition to everything above, you might even need a new chassis too - I know the bulkhead is broken, but there could be a twist in the chassis as per the third picture. It could mean a fair bit of a rebuild is needed... must've been a serious crash ?

You may be better off handing it over to your local hobby store to repair it if you're reluctant to take it apart, otherwise you could always check the exploded view and dig at it yourself ?

I suggest doing it yourself using the exploded diagrams, Youtube and ArrmaForum if needed.

It's not that hard fixing it yourself and many will argue that's the best aspect of the hobby. Just buy a set of decent tools (if you don't have some already) with the $$$ you saved by doing the job yourself.

Ah, no big deal! Would love to hear how da hell u did this!?!
should probably just send it to me and I’ll take good care of her;-).

Take it apart and do individual pictures. The shock tower can be straightened with a hammer or a vise.

Use this diagram if you do need parts:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA106048

Looks like the front suspension mount is broken, can't tell if the diff housing is broken as well.

I also have an Arrma Notorious which is broken too but not nearly as bad as the Talion is.

Just got into this hobby this year. I consider myself a decent driver of these cars. I just can be reckless. You could be a pro at driving these but all it takes is one crash.
My Notorious I crashed it into a tree and the Talion directly into the metal leg of a park bench. I broke the Notorious so many times already. Sorry but I don't think these cars are as tough as they say they are. Sadly I'm thinking about selling my cars. I love the hobby but when they break it sucks.

Run your 1 scale into a tree and see if it holds up or how much it takes to fix it.
I simply don't understand the expectations of this being indestructible. I see $15 worth of damage in your pictures and a new set of tires, which you could glue as well.

I also have an Arrma Notorious which is broken too but not nearly as bad as the Talion is.

Just got into this hobby this year. I consider myself a decent driver of these cars. I just can be reckless. You could be a pro at driving these but all it takes is one crash.
My Notorious I crashed it into a tree and the Talion directly into the metal leg of a park bench. I broke the Notorious so many times already. Sorry but I don't think these cars are as tough as they say they are. Sadly I'm thinking about selling my cars. I love the hobby but when they break it sucks.
You're right, you could be a professional and experienced racer, but crash just as badly as anyone else can. We all make mistakes. It's easy to blame it on the car, but unless if you had electronic issues, looking at the damage it was clearly driver error. These rigs need a lot of open space to make the most of them

As @jkflow said, it could potentially be a cheap fix. You'll never know unless you make some attempt to fix it, so you could practice at becoming a better driver when it's running again ?

Last edited:
Agreed. Cheap fix. Down time when it breaks does indeed blow the big one! I’ve been waiting weeks for custom wires so I can rip my monster Mojave again!
take the front end off and inspect. Four 2.5mm screws under for the bulkhead and 2 for the steering. Disconnect the servo arm and it’s off. I’ve built , crashed, rebuilt so many times! U learn which parts to get extras of so there is little to no down time.
even the best of us have a wreck here and there. Don’t get discouraged! Maybe try running on 4s or less power til u get the hang of how they handle. Or find urself a spot where there’s no trees or park benches lol.

Get your parts after disassembly from Jenny's RC. Also an exb front bumper may have minimized the damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back