Baja Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krimzun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Decided to turn my new Fury into a Baja Fury... First time painting a body came up with a design and here is the end result. Still waiting on some new 2.2 Rock Crawler wheels and tires that are 130mm tall to complete the look.
BajaFury.JPG

Thanks and the body was raised to make room for the new wheels/tires they are a full inch taller then the stock ones at 130mm's. Once they get in I'll post up another pic to show the difference. I'm concerned I may have to trim the fender a bit wont know until I see how the offset works out.

New wheels and tires are on, like the look and the softer compound really hooks up almost to easy to pop wheelies have to really manage the throttle. Esc and Motor where a bit warmer I could still touch them, but I'm thinking about putting a smaller spur on while I look for a esc fan.

full.jpg

Did you have to trim that body any to get it to work with the bumpers on the truck? I have that same body on my fury as well and I'm also running bigger tires on it, and mine pulls wheelies at nothing lol

So far I haven't had to trim any I had to make custom mounts since the stock ones don't line up with the rear properly. I noticed there are 3 different versions of this buggy from Pro Line. This is the long body version that they say is needed to match the wheel base of the Traxxas trucks. Because of those vertical fins I have no place to mount the existing body mount not to mention its just to short. I just finished making custom mounts out of 1/4 inch steel rod and aluminum plates using Velcro attachment points and its holding up fine after the first bashing. I have another thread where I asked about after market extended mounts. I will post up pics later showing how I did the mod for the front and rear.

I didn't realize there were different versions of that body, the rear holes on mine lined up perfectly with the rear body posts but I had to make new holes for the front, and that would be awesome if you could post some pics of your body mount setup

Ok here are the pics first thing the front I drilled out aluminum plate. I just dropped it over the existing mount pins its temporarily held on with some wire waiting on some more body clips so I can remove it to change bodies without to much fuss. Next pick just simply shows attachment points for the industrial Velcro trust me the body isn't going to come off easily. I flipped it and bashed the ..... out of it a few times and the body just sat there. Last part the rear mounts are 1/4 steel rod I tapped the bottom to use the exact same screw that holds the stock body mounts. Also on the top I tapped there and added another aluminum plate for the Velcro. The zip ties will be replaced with long 3/16 screws once they come in to clean up the appearance. Anyways my simple solution to mounting the body and kept the outer shell clean of mounting holes.

Bdymnt3.JPG
Bdymnt2.JPG
Bodymnt1.JPG
Bdymnt2.JPG

That is awesome, I was trying to figure out how to make my own extended body mounts for my fury I am gonna have to try out that setup

It's not my original idea I got it from a youtube video and figured it might work in this situation. So far so good the one thing I've noticed with the new body is no more ballooning on speed runs at 40mph +. The stock body was really bad about taking flight on the slightest bump. I think the rake to the body helps keep down pressure and it also seems to handle turns better the tires have more roll to them so its not as prone to flipping. I still have some new 30 weight oil to redo the shocks with though I'm tempted to go with an aluminum kit and just build them up from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back