Senton Balance Discharging/Dating Lipos & Voltage Log.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
One of my Spektrum lipos died after 3 months and maybe 4 or 5 charges. Cell 2 went bad.
To help hopefully prevent that from happening again I purchased a Venom Pro lipo Checker. Making a volts log per cell & all, with lipo packs dated of arrival(last pik).
Any tips I should know, as I'm now paying closer attention to my lipos.
20220507_121241.jpg
20220507_121450.jpg
20220507_174157.jpg

Nice to log usage of any lipo for reference, no doubt.
Running Spektrum lipos are your main problem there. Far from the best out there, despite their high price, yet low performance. Many complain of cells crapping out soon. Is what it is .
And these supposedly Smart lipos have a chip that records cycle usage and events for each Smart lipo.
I would have gotten the Spektrum Lipo programmer (best) if you are all into the Spektrum Smart Eco thing there. It can read the BattGo chip that is embedded into those lipos. Only the Spektrum Smart Lipo Programmer/analyzer can alter auto discharge rates and charging rates. And show how many cycles have accumulated so far.
I like Dumb lipos best.

Those are useful in the field too if you want to check the remaining charge in the battery without removing it from the car.

Not sure how it will help prevent cells from dying, but if you check and log voltages regularly it will help you identify defective/damaged cells with an elevated self-discharge rate. Then you can warranty or replace them promptly.

I run now the s2100 smart charger to help with data and make things simple. Thankfully ive had no real issues YET with my spek smart batterys, i will say to my surprise, i though ive only recharged both battery 50, maybe 60 times... yea both were over 250 charges. Might not be a lot but way more than I expected and batteries are still going strong. Also i try to never run them dead or past last bar on remote.
Also with how new your battery was, it should be good for a warranty?!

Nice to log usage of any lipo for reference, no doubt.
Running Spektrum lipos are your main problem there. Far from the best out there, despite their high price, yet low performance. Many complain of cells crapping out soon. Is what it is .
And these supposedly Smart lipos have a chip that records cycle usage and events for each Smart lipo.
I would have gotten the Spektrum Lipo programmer (best) if you are all into the Spektrum Smart Eco thing there. It can read the BattGo chip that is embedded into those lipos. Only the Spektrum Smart Lipo Programmer/analyzer can alter auto discharge rates and charging rates. And show how many cycles have accumulated so far.
I like Dumb lipos best.
The only reason I went with Spektrum is I was new to the hobby and bought them since they matched the electronics. Now that I'm deeper into the hobby i use HOOVO 3S (5200mah 60c) got 2 for the price of 1 Spektrum (3s 5000mah 30c.) Will definitely be adventuring out to different companies.
Other than Dumb & HOOVO lipos what are some other good brands?

I run now the s2100 smart charger to help with data and make things simple. Thankfully ive had no real issues YET with my spek smart batterys, i will say to my surprise, i though ive only recharged both battery 50, maybe 60 times... yea both were over 250 charges. Might not be a lot but way more than I expected and batteries are still going strong. Also i try to never run them dead or past last bar on remote.
Also with how new your battery was, it should be good for a warranty?!
The batteries date is 3/15/21 with less than 20 cycles.
20220508_140117.jpg

"Dumb" lipos are not a brand. Lol !!! He is just referring to lipos that are not smart lipos like Spektrum. Hence: Dumb lipos.
Damn, that went right over my head. Thanks for that btw!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back