Balance or charge ?.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Balance, it keeps everything even and healthy, your batteries will last longer than if one cell isn't evenly balanced and the other cells have to try and make up for it.

More times than not I just charge and use, as due to cycling several 2s and 3s batteries I either put it in storage mode after I'm done with it (if I know it may be several days of not using), as that also balances it, or I leave it like it sits, unless Ive caused it to go into LV, at which point I put it into storage mode also. I always check what charge is on the battery before putting it up used, and adjust my down time plan from there. I rarely balance charge, but after reading some of the comments here may start doing that more often for the batteries that I cycle more daily.

I run my venom charger on charge mode and watch the cell voltage. It balances all the way along as it goes never getting more than 0.01 out of balance. I cant see how balance mode would do anything better? Is it just the amperage level being lower?

I was a firm believer to balance... but since I got into drag racing which is only 2 cell... The experts have said its better to Charge fast and discharge fast. I bought a sky rc discharger just for that purpose.... Now it only takes a few minutes to discharge at 30 amps where it took a while only discharging at 1.0 amp

Always balance charge and put into storage after use, even if just for a day.
I do the same. But occasionally, if I know I'm heading out to bash early the next morning, I'll charge packs the night before, which is usually only 6-7 hours before I pack up and leave.

I do the same. But occasionally, if I know I'm heading out to bash early the next morning, I'll charge packs the night before, which is usually only 6-7 hours before I pack up and leave.
Same here. I don’t like fast charging So will slow charge the night before and then back to storage when done the next day. I alternate sets of batteries between days.

Most chargers charge and balance simultaneously. What is the question really? Depends on your charger? :unsure: Hopefully a decent one.

I just do a balance on my lipos if they have been sitting in a stored charge state occasionally. To keep the cells matched when stored unused for a while..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back