Kraton ball joints play kraton 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansDampf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
https://streamable.com/at9x7d video showing play
i think this has lead to the play in my steering (about 25 degrees) but some have told me its the servo saver which ive looked at and doesn't seem to have much play.
really i would like to find a kit of sorts with replacement ball joints as every single ball joint is like this and ive only been using the truck for about a month with 8~ lipos thought it, ive nit used it in sand or mud.
does any one know what to do?

There is a cheap kit that replaces all the ball joint, but from what you describe (only 8 pack not in sand) i assume they are not worn yet.

You need to find what the play comes from, closely observe when you move the wheels by hand what moves and what not.

There is a cheap kit that replaces all the ball joint, but from what you describe (only 8 pack not in sand) i assume they are not worn yet.

You need to find what the play comes from, closely observe when you move the wheels by hand what moves and what not.
did you see the video i attached, you can see how loose the ball joints are

i changed the stock ball joints by using the aluminium ones from HR. And now i have no more issues with the play of the wheels. mine looked exaktly like yours, and i could remove the stock ones by hand, they where completley worn down...

i changed the stock ball joints by using the aluminium ones from HR. And now i have no more issues with the play of the wheels. mine looked exaktly like yours, and i could remove the stock ones by hand, they where completley worn down...
thinking of doing that, just need to work out ordering them as they only exist in the us and im from the uk, if you have any other parts from them (that are in stock [mumble grumble diffs and pinions]) i would appreciate that greatly

i'm from germany. i had to order them in the US too and i waited for these s*ckers for about 2 months, but it was realy worth it!

The HR units are pretty, but a complete waste of money and wear out prematurely leaving you with lots of slop.

I installed Team Associated 81398 and highly recommend them for the 3s and 4s fleet. Sold in packages of 4, so you’ll need 3 packages to complete one truck.

D0323AF6-05D6-4FC0-B717-3B720DB205C6.jpeg

and whats the difference? they looks exactley the same. okay... the HR ones are red...
the HR ones have 22 pieces and there are some pivot balls for the rod ends of the shocks too

The HR units are pretty, but a complete waste of money and wear out prematurely leaving you with lots of slop.

I installed Team Associated 81398 and highly recommend them for the 3s and 4s fleet. Sold in packages of 4, so you’ll need 3 packages to complete one truck.

View attachment 87018
they seem to be the same, what is the difference other than not being anodized

Yes.... I’m aware. They are made of steel. Is that better??

Just put the associated ball joints on my typhon taken out 80% of the slop my thinking shiny stainless steel is better than aluminium,would rather keep buying the plastic ends as they wear out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back