Ballance and low centre gravity modification to MBX8T Eco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
So I went and weighed the battery, ESC, motor and servo and it seemed to me that to achieve the best balance I needed to relocate the ESC from the mounting plate behind the battery to the floor of the chassis. Doing so would make the weight split (in grams) from 516R-570L instead of 369R-717L. It seemed to me that the 348gr disparity between L & R was a significant enough difference from the new 54Gr was worth the effort. The biggest problem was fitting the “Bruggy” body on over the ESC-motor wires. I had to trim them down to about 1-1.5 inches and install them in a sideways fashion. Right now they look ugly because I ran out of solder ffs, but I’ll clean that up next weekend. The MBX8T Eco has a suspended ESC plate that connects to the battery tray which would offer some cushioning upon impact, but also raises the CG considerably given the exacting nature of these race bread rigs. I think the silicone double sided tape used to secure the ESC is enough for what I plan to use this rig for.

IMG_5065.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5073.jpeg

So I went and weighed the battery, ESC, motor and servo and it seemed to me that to achieve the best balance I needed to relocate the ESC from the mounting plate behind the battery to the floor of the chassis. Doing so would make the weight split (in grams) from 516R-570L instead of 369R-717L. It seemed to me that the 348gr disparity between L & R was a significant enough difference from the new 54Gr was worth the effort. The biggest problem was fitting the “Bruggy” body on over the ESC-motor wires. I had to trim them down to about 1-1.5 inches and install them in a sideways fashion. Right now they look ugly because I ran out of solder ffs, but I’ll clean that up next weekend. The MBX8T Eco has a suspended ESC plate that connects to the battery tray which would offer some cushioning upon impact, but also raises the CG considerably given the exacting nature of these race bread rigs. I think the silicone double sided tape used to secure the ESC is enough for what I plan to use this rig for.

View attachment 372335

View attachment 372336

View attachment 372337
Its Beautiful Fx GIF by Mayans M.C.

What are you planning on using it for?
I plan on using it to set lap times in a variety of different conditions and begin to get a comprehensive understanding for exactly how each tuning metric affects performance in a practical way. I have all the sway bars, springs, shock oils, diff/input gear ratios, several different wheels and then there’s the XR8 Plus G2S and the plethora of tuning available within it… I already paid for JQ’s Invisible Speed instructional videos. I figure a couple years and I’ll have a modest grasp of the fundamentals if I devote a good deal of time. I like Mugen for the pillow balls and durability. What I learn on it is mostly transferable to my 8S 1/7 Kraton project.

Back