Balloon lands in my park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernCrawlerado

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
A hot air balloon landed in the park across from my house.
20230107_085617.jpg

On purpose? 😱

Back in Michigan, I lived one town away from Rochester which had a balloon club. Was not uncommon to see them around. One day after work I was sitting on my deck having a beer and this voice from above yelled," Can I land here?" Scared the living life out of me as I looked up and seen a guy about 50 ft above in a gorgeous red, white and blue balloon. Long story short. They landed, gave us a certificate that " Betsy Ross" , the balloon name, landed on our property on said date. Also gave us champagne and my kids soda. Said this was protocol when landing on someone's property. Had 6 acres with all cut grass and no trees so perfect landing area. Got to stand in the basket with the kids and even helped them fold it up. Great experience for the family! Never forget it!

When I was a youngster my aunt & uncle were part owners of a couple hot air balloons. There used to be a big festival every summer that they'd fly in. I usually rode in the pursuit van, but got to fly w/ them a few times. So eerily quiet up there, until they hit that burner!!

When I was a youngster my aunt & uncle were part owners of a couple hot air balloons. There used to be a big festival every summer that they'd fly in. I usually rode in the pursuit van, but got to fly w/ them a few times. So eerily quiet up there, until they hit that burner!!
That must have been a cool experience! Never got to do that and yeah, those burners are LOUD for sure!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back