Banana plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Are their different types of banana plugs?
I have to use some on my charger going into power supply.
I have these left over from audio speakers.

Should or could i use use or no? Pros and cons?
Thanks

There are different types, yes. Personally, I would use a type that is soldered, not a screw terminal. Less possibility for intermittency.

I tend to use something like these.

Plus you have to make sure they are the correct size. They make a few different sizes. My chargers are all 4mm.

Yes everything is 4mm.

So i got this turnigy 1080w power supply and it comes with the option of clamping down the wires (Loosen nut, put wire through post hole, screw down) or using 4 mm banana plugs.

Im no electrical expert but i would have to imagine using the clamp post would offer a more solid connection versus using a 4mm banana plug.
What do you guys think?

Heres the pic:

Last edited:
The banana plugs you have will be fine if they fit, just put some heat shrink round them or tape to stop them potentially sorting out. Audio plugs if they are good quality can handle heavy currents. If you've ever seen a set of speaker cables short out will outputting music at a high level you'll feel confident in those plugs. It's like a spark you see on a car battery or a.c. power.

Personally I find banana plugs aren't always very secure and some tend to push themselves out of the socket, just check that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back