Big Rock Barrel nuts driving me nuts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
I've been using HR racing hub extenders on my BRCC for 2 years now. I love'em and hate'em. For some reason the rear left falls off every other run. I tighten them before every run and they have blue Locktite. As sure as sugar* that one wheel goes flying. Anyone else have this issue with these nuts? Does anyone have a remedy for this? I'm reeeeaally thinking of just spending the cash on Typhon arms and hubs to deal with the frustration. It sucks when I'm bashing and bash time is cut short as I watch my friends keep playing.

I've been using HR racing hub extenders on my BRCC for 2 years now. I love'em and hate'em. For some reason the rear left falls off every other run. I tighten them before every run and they have blue Locktite. As sure as sugar* that one wheel goes flying. Anyone else have this issue with these nuts? Does anyone have a remedy for this? I'm reeeeaally thinking of just spending the cash on Typhon arms and hubs to deal with the frustration. It sucks when I'm bashing and bash time is cut short as I watch my friends keep playing.

I had the same problem with mine. I ended up cleaning everything up real good and then I used Permatex Orange. So far they have been staying on.

I used to have this issue as well. The only thing I’m doing differently recently is making sure to clean the threads better when putting stuff back on. I’m also using the stock version instead of the liquid version these days. Maybe it sticks better? ??‍♂️?

Idk but i don't trust blue locktite it failed on me quite a bit if blue locktite doesn't work spray the crap out of that screw and screw the nut back in it will never ever back up again. Just kidding of course put a tiny drop of red threadlock not too much or its going to be really hard to unbolt

I put lots of blue loctite on the cleaned threads and a dab of nail polish out the outer edge of the barrel nut. I also made my own hub pins with a nail and cut them to fit tightly in the hub. I let everything dry for two days. They haven’t fallen off since. It was pissing me off for awhile too. Every other run, we were loosing a wheel. If it happens again I’ll put strong ca glue or something on the end of the barrel nut to keep it from backing off... so annoying lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back