Granite Base Granite Must-Have Durability Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC X

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
Ok, so I haven’t actually gotten the Granite yet, but I’m interested in any durability mods that I should do from the start. I understand that thing is nearly bulletproof out of the box, but I’d like to address any weak points and achieve maximum bashing durability.

Shocks?
Steering Servo?

Any tips, advice and pointers welcome ??

Are you talking about the 3S or Mega?

For the mega, the stock plastic input gears are weak. Order the HD version. The stock Mega motor burns quite rapidly. Replace by a Traxxas Titan 12t 550.

For the rest, I agree with the above ^^^. Bearings and servo first.

Radio... I’m an old-school graybeard from the mid 80s to mid 90s so I’ve always been particular to Futaba for radio gear.

I think I’ll go with the Tekno shocks if they’ll work. As for the other parts... Any brand and part number recommendations? Whatever the “finest”is... I figure I should address the weak points now.

If you like Futaba, go 3PV for a decent radio that is easy on the budget.

Thanks for the tip. Yes. Decent price. Any idea of the general ranges with these new Futaba? Now doubt beats my very old Magnum Jr. ?

Hey @RC X welcome to the forum. If you aren’t considering the BLX yet then I really think you should. It’s worth the extra money to go with the BLX.

Also, the Tekno shocks are great but will cost at least 1/3 or more of the cost of the truck. The Arrma Typhon 6S Shocks are a cheaper and very good alternative.

Thanks for the tip. Yes. Decent price. Any idea of the general ranges with these new Futaba? Now doubt beats my very old Magnum Jr. ?
The 3PV will get you almost 1/4 mile before getting laggy. I’ve upgraded mine to get a little more range for speed runs.

I actually am considering the BLX.

the model number:102720T2

Ok, so we pretty much have a couple of options for the shocks. The radio recommended is a brand I’ve used exclusively in the past. But if there’s anything better than Futaba these days, let me know and I’ll check it out.

What about recommendations on a motor mount?

I actually am considering the BLX.

the model number:102720T2

Ok, so we pretty much have a couple of options for the shocks. The radio recommended is a brand I’ve used exclusively in the past. But if there’s anything better than Futaba these days, let me know and I’ll check it out.

What about recommendations on a motor mount?
There is not, I still use Futaba as well, in my opinion overall they are still top of the game. I've had my 4PLS for 8+ years and it's still kicking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back