Virginia Bash spots in NoVA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
I haven't seen this Virginia section updated for a while but figured I'd give it a shot. I'm in the Sterling/Dulles area and have had a difficulty time finding any sort of off-road bash spots to goof around. The few spots that might possibly work are off limits. I've pretty much been relegated to empty parking lots or a stoney field that wrecks my drivetrains.

Anyone in this area know of any good spots?

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I'm in Western MD and feel ya man.......not a lot of good bashing areas near me either. Some say Google Earth helps em locate good areas. Good luck✌️

Figured I'd pop this thread back up. I'm in Reston, and starting to look around for places. I've taken my rock crawler around some of the Reston parks for trail trucking, but still looking for a good place to just hoon around.

Lake Fairfax Park has a bmx/mtb pump track, but not sure if RCs would be allowed on it. Since I'm also a mountain biker, I also know not to ride the track when it's wet or damp, which it basically is all the time except the summer.

If I find a good place, I'll post it here.

Totally forgot I made this post. Thanks for contributing.

I've been to Lake Fairfax (also a mountain biker) a number of times. No one has ever told me to leave, but there's almost always riders on the pump track.

The Brookfield Park Pump Track in Springfield is decent for small jumps, maybe 5 feet at most. There tend to be a lot of kids though.

I ended up buying the KCRC ramp and just going to baseball diamonds or abandoned lots. There's a dirt/gravel/stones lot off of Belfort Park Dr in Sterling that I've had fun with, but the rocks can definitely tear up your vehicle.

Anyway, let me know if y'all find anything. I'm about ready to just buy my own plot of land and built a bash spot.

I went to Lake Fairfax last weekend with my son and his friends. The pump track was pretty cool, but I found two main issues:

1. There are always bikers on it, and since the track is built and maintained by the local MTB association, I defer to bikers to use. We had about 10 minutes total to use it on a VERY cold day, so I image its even more busy in nice days.

2. It's a pump track, so its made for long flowing pumps and berms. There is not much run up for any of the bumps or jumps unless you go way into the woods.

I ended up buying $60 of pressure treated lumber and hardboard and made my own RC jump, I think I will mostly end up using that at the ball field by my house. Options are better around here for my rock crawler, but bashing spots are few and far between.

I went to Lake Fairfax last weekend with my son and his friends. The pump track was pretty cool, but I found two main issues:

1. There are always bikers on it, and since the track is built and maintained by the local MTB association, I defer to bikers to use. We had about 10 minutes total to use it on a VERY cold day, so I image its even more busy in nice days.

2. It's a pump track, so its made for long flowing pumps and berms. There is not much run up for any of the bumps or jumps unless you go way into the woods.

I ended up buying $60 of pressure treated lumber and hardboard and made my own RC jump, I think I will mostly end up using that at the ball field by my house. Options are better around here for my rock crawler, but bashing spots are few and far between.
Very cool!

I bet 5 years ago that same amount of lumber would have cost ya $30!! :unsure: :rolleyes:

reviving this thread, I was at the Brookfield Pump track on Sunday 5/28/2023, and was told to leave by park authority. There wasn't anyone even around and was with my 7 year old and 9 year old boys with our Notorious, Senton, and Granite. Its a bummer FC parks don't allows RC's. Any other good places to go?

reviving this thread, I was at the Brookfield Pump track on Sunday 5/28/2023, and was told to leave by park authority. There wasn't anyone even around and was with my 7 year old and 9 year old boys with our Notorious, Senton, and Granite. Its a bummer FC parks don't allows RC's. Any other good places to go?
Late reply, but at this point I haven't been able to find anything other than the occasional construction site.

Adrenaline RC in Winchester used to have an outdoors dirt lot with some small jumps that could be used for bashing, but they turned that into an outdoors 1/8 scale track, I believe.

Sorry, man. If I can get the capital together over the next year or so, I have ambitions of just buying a small plot of land and building my own spot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back