Bash Video 2/21/2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure I understood the end of your video. What is this lvc you speak of?

And as far as the short-course debate, my favorite Short Course Truck currently has a bug body on it. LOL. Short course trucks are cool if you're running across flat ground. When you really want to start bashing though, that body just seems to get in the way more than anything. The size of the truck is nice for bashing, though.

I am not sure I understood the end of your video. What is this lvc you speak of?

And as far as the short-course debate, my favorite Short Course Truck currently has a bug body on it. LOL. Short course trucks are cool if you're running across flat ground. When you really want to start bashing though, that body just seems to get in the way more than anything. The size of the truck is nice for bashing, though.

It's just function over form for me. Where I bash, SCT's have a hard time with the small tires. I hot a lot of rocks that my MT's will just roll over. If I had a nice prepped dirt track to run on I'd be more inclined to use my Senton. But I don't.

Got both Arrmas fixed. I left out the spacers on the Kraton. Not only did the CVD pull out, it bent.

If removing the spacers doesn't work, my other options are shaving down the RPM arm or going back to stock. The CVD is popping out upon full compression of the shock, so droop isn't the issue. Would adjusting the points where the shock attaches to the shock towers and A-arm help? Maybe move them out?

Got both Arrmas fixed. I left out the spacers on the Kraton. Not only did the CVD pull out, it bent.
View attachment 30771

If removing the spacers doesn't work, my other options are shaving down the RPM arm or going back to stock. The CVD is popping out upon full compression of the shock, so droop isn't the issue. Would adjusting the points where the shock attaches to the shock towers and A-arm help? Maybe move them out?
I set them up as close as I can get to standing straight up. So out at the top and in on the bottom. I have v2 outcast and kraton so my shock rods are only 3.5mm. In my head I think it has less chances of bending if they are positioned closer to straight up.

Do you think it’s the bigger tires? Was it happening before you put the Trenchers on? I have those same tires but have not run them yet. Notice that the chassis just barely bottoms out with them on.

Do you think it’s the bigger tires? Was it happening before you put the Trenchers on? I have those same tires but have not run them yet. Notice that the chassis just barely bottoms out with them on.
I didn’t run the stock tires for very long and I certainly wasn’t jumping it back then. You make a good point. There could be something to that.

Your accent sounded a bit Chicago there for a second... I'm from Eastern IA... the land void of accents, so any hint of an accent stands out.

That big puddle was really robbing your rock ray of speed when hitting that pile. Surprised how nice it takes the big jumps.

Does the Kraton differ to the outcast as far as arms/cvd's are concerned? I've been mostly running trenchers on my outcast and never had a cvd pop out, and I've had a lot of hard landings with much bigger air than you were getting there.

EDIT:
I take that back. I did have one pop out once, I think... but I hit a tree WOT mid flight with one wheel. Pretty sure it cost me a shock end and really stretched the holes out a bit on the RPM arms on that side for the hinge pins.
@1:51 -

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back