Bash videos from yesterday, 2020/09/05 at the grass bmx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Had a pretty good day. The wind made the videos a bit annoying, not a lot I can do about that.

Only damage of note was a busted tierod end on the front of the outcast and pulled a couple screws out of the rear skid as well as busted the front skid's rear half where it connects to the chassis tunnel.

Was able to get 2 full sets of packs through both trucks! Ran the new 5000mah 65C 3S Liperior packs in the outcast. It seems to deal with the weight better than the revo, so they will be deligated for outcast only. Likely also only run the CNHL 5000mah 65C 3S Black series in it as well as they are on the heavy/thick side to fit in the revo. It does better with the thinner/lighter HRB 5000 packs.

Outcast:

ERBEv2:

I'm going to change the revo back to the trencher 3.8's and add some 1/2" offset hubs. I like the width of the talon ext's, but their grip is abysmal and they weigh more than the trenchers. Also a smaller OD/thinner sidewall, so the landings are even more harsh. Means I'll likely have to drop the pinion back down so I don't cook the motor though... might give it a try with a 19T in it vs the 18T I used to run with the trenchers.

I decided to take my windy footage and make a montage instead. It really bugs me when someone makes a great video and the audio is insufferable. I understand the challenge, but some of the big YT guys have terrible lighting AND audio every single video. Hard to watch them at times.

I decided to take my windy footage and make a montage instead. It really bugs me when someone makes a great video and the audio is insufferable. I understand the challenge, but some of the big YT guys have terrible lighting AND audio every single video. Hard to watch them at times.
Yeah, I agree. Then again, for a video like mine which is typically <5 minutes, I just turn the volume down. Looked into getting an external mic, but for the cost and inconvenience of the adapter... not sure I care that much.

Yeah, I agree. Then again, for a video like mine which is typically <5 minutes, I just turn the volume down. Looked into getting an external mic, but for the cost and inconvenience of the adapter... not sure I care that much.
I have the audio interface and mic with a dead cat but it’s too large to wear. It’s fine for a tripod. I also have a foam surround that is supposed to cut the noise but I never think to bring it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back