Basherqueen soldering jig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually like to get an unwitting fool to hold the connectors while I solder. When they say, "Ouch..is it supposed to be getting hot?!" I yell at them, "Don't move!! I'm almost done!!" just to see how much longer they hold on. I've said many times in the past that I don't have any friends...now you all know why.

Wow is that what friends are for?
I've been making my 11 and 16 year old sons to hold the connectors when I solder. I call it a learning experience!
One day they might learn, don't touch things that are hot! Until then I have two soldering jigs😶

Wow is that what friends are for?
I've been making my 11 and 16 year old sons to hold the connectors when I solder. I call it a learning experience!
One day they might learn, don't touch things that are hot! Until then I have two soldering jigs😶
The dad in Calvin & Hobbes would say, "It builds character" surely.

I'd probably make my kids do it too, but I don't have any after I kept burning my wife's fingers and her leaving me.

I wonder if Calvin and Hobbes ever found the ETERNAL BUZZ when they were on a Safari back in the mid 80's?
I had a shirt with a picture of the safari.

Does anyone use this thing? Do you like it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154050353564
I think this is the part that concerns me the most. Putting together a budget minded soldering accessory is one thing. However, calling this thing "professional" without any clear indication that it's meant as a joke would make me question the manufacturer's professionality beyond repair. If I didn't know that Kimberly made good products otherwise, I'd never look at Basherqueen as a product I'd want to buy again.
1671297994718.png

Edit: Maybe call it the "Cheap AF Third Hand" or something like that.

Tough one to understand the thinking behind this product. The materials used??? The quality of her other products!!! One could feel insulted!

Tough one to understand the thinking behind this product. The materials used??? The quality of her other products!!! One could feel insulted!
I would. The price for what it is, is outrageous. To call it "professional" is a gross mischaracterization. I don't know what she was thinking with this. Yeah I know, of course she was thinking $$$, that's what businesses do. But usually companies try to at least disguise or camouflage their greed a little better than this. Sorry, don't mean to be poo pooing Kim, but this is retarded. Why would you sell such a cheap looking POS when all your other products are made from HQ materials like carbon fiber? The more I look at this the more flabbergasted I become. I'll just STFU now I think.

Just about finished with my own version. Definitely an update on the Basher Queen one. I'll be selling them in the Forum classifieds soon so stay tuned😉

20221217_123930.jpg

I usually like to get an unwitting fool to hold the connectors while I solder. When they say, "Ouch..is it supposed to be getting hot?!" I yell at them, "Don't move!! I'm almost done!!" just to see how much longer they hold on. I've said many times in the past that I don't have any friends...now you all know why.

Does that also happen to the unwitting fools when you try dry lubing their balls?

(For reference: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/pivot-ball-polishing.54383/#post-785210 )

Good Saturday morning all!
My first dyi soldering jig was a peice of cardboard (8"×8"),wooden clothespins and tie wraps. With a silicon sheet underneath. Got the job done!!!
2×4 much better!

I bought that same exact soldering station $45 on Amazon. 3 years old and works great!!!!
That’s good to hear it’s lasted well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back