Limitless Bashing gearing w/1717

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
I searched around but couldn't find a good start. Most of the threads are about stock motors and such. I'm building a new speed run car so I want to convert my current Limitless to a street basher/ drift machine. Running an XLX2/1717 1650kv combo. Yes I know to go to a center diff but I'm leaving a spool in for now since it's the scorched pinnochio titanium combo. What spur/pinion will get me around 80mph while keeping the heat in check? Not set on that speed just throwing it out there. I could figure it out but not trying to spend a bunch of money on gears.

Edit. Crap I forgot. Plan on only running 6s for bashing.

Last edited:
I'm thinking 23/44. Anyone have thoughts?
That will probably work. My limitless had a max6 combo and I bash around with a 29/40 but I use 2x 12v fans on a small 4s battery. I believe the castle combo runs even cooler.

I'm thinking 23/44. Anyone have thoughts?
If you grab the Infraction 46T CD then I would think the "speed gear" 25T would be a good start. That would get you the 80mph you're looking for if you ran the 2050kv stock motor on 6S. Losing the kv will cost you some speed, but it should run all day nice and cool. Then step up a pinion tooth or two and see what you get. Also depends if you have the GP5 diffs or the Limitless diffs. If you are still running the 43/13 diffs, then maybe a bit higher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back