Outcast bashing outcast. bending lipoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infractiondk

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
hii so was out bashing with the outcast.. i notice today that my gensacearespammers lipos (soft pack) is bend in a small half moon?? is this just normal

hii so was out bashing with the outcast.. i notice today that my gensacearespammers lipos (soft pack) is bend in a small half moon?? is this just normal
Pretty standard. Try not to, but it’s pretty much gonna happen.

i just don't see a lot of hardcase lipoes in the 5000 mah 3s range or 6s for that matter

its very common.. but there is a cure.. the reason they bend is because the plastic tray flexes when the chassis flexes.. you need to isolate the batteries from the bottom of the tray.. i use an aluminum plate i machined to fit the tray.. this plate remains flat while the tray flexes...no more bent lipos...?

i heat shrink both my packs and the plate with this very durable stuff.. found it on ebay.. 2"..

Attachments

• 20200327_214616.jpg
    20200327_214616.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200327_214701.jpg
    20200327_214701.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
its very common.. but there is a cure.. the reason they bend is because the plastic tray flexes when the chassis flexes.. you need to isolate the batteries from the bottom of the tray.. i use an aluminum plate i machined to fit the tray.. this plate remains flat while the tray flexes...no more bent lipos...?

i heat shrink both my packs and the plate with this very durable stuff.. found it on ebay.. 2"..
That Could be a solution i Could try

Whats the ebay material? I want some fat heat shrink too. I can get the aluminum plate cut, I bet. Cool trick! ?

Whats the ebay material? I want some fat heat shrink too. I can get the aluminum plate cut, I bet. Cool trick! ?

this is the one i purchased.. 2" this stuff is awsome.. you will see when you get it.. its nothing like the stuff that comes on the lipos... if you look you can get up to 3" shrink from these guys...? the shrink ratio is awsome as well...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201911655597

this is the one i purchased.. 2" this stuff is awsome.. you will see when you get it.. its nothing like the stuff that comes on the lipos... if you look you can get up to 3" shrink from these guys...? the shrink ratio is awsome as well...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201911655597
Awesome!! Im getting 2 lengths tonight. Thank you very much.

Awesome!! Im getting 2 lengths tonight. Thank you very much.

ya the more you order they just make it one long piece.. which is super nice... i stumbled across these guys when i was wiring a boat a year or so ago.. had to make the harness..

ya the more you order they just make it one long piece.. which is super nice... i stumbled across these guys when i was wiring a boat a year or so ago.. had to make the harness..
I may get some black 3" too but only 8" length I'm seeing. Still combing through their products. Is 2" enough to fit a standard 6s pack?
Edit: Prolly not I see. I like this stuff.

i also forgot to mention the notch in the plate for the strap is very important.. it keeps the straps in contact with the lipo so the lower one cannot slide.. with the notch it works for short and long packs?

I may get some black 3" too but only 8" length I'm seeing. Still combing through their products. Is 2" enough to fit a standard 6s pack?
Edit: Prolly not I see. I like this stuff.

i think for 6s you will need the 3".. i think the 2" will be just a hair to small.. im tellin ya brother, wait till it arrives and you see the quality of this stuff.. ? i have not ordered any of the black.. but if you do let me know if its the same... ?

i think for 6s you will need the 3".. i think the 2" will be just a hair to small.. im tellin ya brother, wait till it arrives and you see the quality of this stuff.. ? i have not ordered any of the black.. but if you do let me know if its the same... ?

Sounds good. Thanks. I didn't push the order button last night but will today. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back