Bashing spots in Orange County?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, I should have explained better.

I take a right onto Regency, and about 100 yrds up there is a chain link fence on your left and a Soccer field on the right. I drive around the soccer field and park by the houses. Then walk across the soccer field, and then across Regency. Go behind the fence, and follow the trail back towards the hillside. You will see a pretty good sized, white sandstone hill climb area on the right. It is #1 on the picture. There is a pretty good jump right there, on the left side of the hill climb, but coming down the hill back at you. The you can continue down the small trail on the rightl to #2 on the picture. This is a small BMX jump but car push the car 8-10 feet high and you can get you 35 -40 feet of distance. Just beyond that is a bootleg or homemade RC track. It is really fun with the 1/10 cars, but now they added a couple bigger jumps, and the 1/8 is good too. Even if I hit the jumps slow the Kraton will clear it by a mile. If I blow the approach in the 1/10, I come up short, and case the landing . Then you can’t miss the Big Bike Jumps. Walk around and there are a couple good jumps in ther for RC, but like you said BONE CRUSHERS. You have to commit, and know that your car can and will clear the gap and then, of course land on all fours. Those big bike jumps are more of a set it up, jump it get the car set it up again, jump it again opposed to just driving and hitting them from any angle and being able to just turn around and try again.

As far as getting busted, I have seen 15 kids on bikes back there, and 5-6 RC guys, and I’ve never seen a cop. I would say to be respectful of the bike guys. They spent / spend a lot of time and effort building those ramps. Just don’t do anything to tear those jumps up. I really only say that because they are young and given the sport they have chosen, and by nature an aggressive group of testosterone filled men, who are lacking a fully developed frontal lobe.

I'll try to get the pictures up soon.

I take a right onto Regency, and about 100 yrds up there is a chain link fence on your left and a Soccer field on the right. I drive around the soccer field and park by the houses. Then walk across the soccer field, and then across Regency. Go behind the fence, and follow the trail back towards the hillside. You will see a pretty good sized, white sandstone hill climb area on the right. It is #1 on the picture. There is a pretty good jump right there, on the left side of the hill climb, but coming down the hill back at you. The you can continue down the small trail on the rightl to #2 on the picture. This is a small BMX jump but car push the car 8-10 feet high and you can get you 35 -40 feet of distance. Just beyond that is a bootleg or homemade RC track. It is really fun with the 1/10 cars, but now they added a couple bigger jumps, and the 1/8 is good too. Even if I hit the jumps slow the Kraton will clear it by a mile. If I blow the approach in the 1/10, I come up short, and case the landing . Then you can’t miss the Big Bike Jumps. Walk around and there are a couple good jumps in ther for RC, but like you said BONE CRUSHERS. You have to commit, and know that your car can and will clear the gap and then, of course land on all fours. Those big bike jumps are more of a set it up, jump it get the car set it up again, jump it again opposed to just driving and hitting them from any angle and being able to just turn around and try again.

As far as getting busted, I have seen 15 kids on bikes back there, and 5-6 RC guys, and I’ve never seen a cop. I would say to be respectful of the bike guys. They spent / spend a lot of time and effort building those ramps. Just don’t do anything to tear those jumps up. I really only say that because they are young and given the sport they have chosen, and by nature an aggressive group of testosterone filled men, who are lacking a fully developed frontal lobe.

Yep, I know exactly where you are talking about. I'm going back there this morning ;)
Absolutely amazing bash spot!

I am on that SHEEP HILLS spot this weekend. Looks like a bit more room. Longer drive, and still a hike, but a lot of room.

negative. But it does not look too hard to find. Lots of homeless live in that nature preserve, so a bat and knife will be in the wagon

negative. But it does not look too hard to find. Lots of homeless live in that nature preserve, so a bat and knife will be in the wagon
Hahalol I don't think that will be necessary. I've been there before. Just make sure you park towards the end of the street where the apartments are. A little trail will descend and just fallow it straight. Probably a good idea to pull up satellite view on Google maps.

Park on the corner of "balboa blvd and discovery rd."

IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG

Bashed there this morning, a lot of fun:), didn't break anything, quite a few walks of shame though.
Definitely worth the 5-10 minute drive. Sheep Hills looks like its worth the 35 minute drive.

I just got back from sheeps bmx hill. And I'll save you guys the drive. Way too many puddles still from all that rain last month. I was talking to some of the bmx guys there and they were telling me that it should be pretty dry towards the end of the month. I would take their word, since they ride those jumps all the time. It seemed like every other jump had a puddle of water or mud. Anyone that wanted to go, just keep in mind that you won't have that much fun. I kind of wish I would have taken some pictures. The puddles were anywhere between 2-6 inches deep.
Anyways, if you want to check it out. Park at the corner of balboa blvd and discovery rd. Park infront of the apartments on the right. You will see a trail on the left at the end of the st. You go down about 6 big steps, follow the trail and make a right on the first turn. You can either go left, right or straight. But make sure you go RIGHT. Follow that trail all the way till you see it, can't miss it.

Thank you, I'll wait few weeks and hit the lake forest spot until then

Last edited:
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG

Gate entering back side of O'Neil park, about 20 yards from gate is the beginning of cool trail leading to rocky river bed, Nero down for maintenance took the YXL.

Do you know the directions to this spot? I checked out the sheeps hill in Costa mesa. Don't go there yet. Too many puddles
Do you know the directions to this spot? I checked out the sheeps hill in Costa mesa. Don't go there yet. Too many puddles

Santa Margarita exit off the 241, the park fence runs along El Camino Montana. There are two walk through gates less than a half mile apart. The gate closest to the 241 leads to great trail that takes you to Trabuco Creek. Both gates lead to great spots. I'm trying to figure out how to paste satellite image, but don't know how yet. If you bring up satellite images of O'Neil park and zoom in you'll see the trails.
Fair warning though, it's not a place for huge jumps. Kind of an all terrain place. Depending on where you go. A few jumps, climbing,crawling, and open areas for speed.
Probably not a good idea to go on weekends. I've bashed there dozens of times and have only been approached once by a ranger and it was on a weekend. Probably due to someone complaining.
I live about 90 seconds from there so I know it well.

Last edited:
Hidden Valley Dirt Jumps
19659-19799 Coldwater Ln, Huntington Beach, CA 92646

https://goo.gl/maps/4ehuGTvbfBv
Ha,ha,I used to go mountain biking there all the time when I lived in HB just off Beach and Indianapolis.
Park behind the Albertson's will get you pretty close to a pretty good bashin' spot.....at least it used to be.

Awesome! I've heard about this spot but was hesitant because of the "No Tresspassing" sign, especially since I'll be with my 9 year old son. It sounds like it should be fine as long as everyone remains respectful. Looking forward to checking this spot out this weekend!

Yeah you should be fine. little boot leg track with decent jumps. A bit tight for a 1/8 scale, and the big jumps are exactly that. BIG. Might be muddy, so don't mess up the bike jumps or those dudes will cause you problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back