Bashing videos from 2020/09/16 at the grass bmx track, outcast 6s, ERBEv2 and stampede 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Was a long day, but minimal casualties. Left the house at 8:30am, got home at 3pm. Used up all 10 of my packs I took, did some damage to all 3 of the trucks, but all still drivable.

Outcast:
No big changes on the outcast. Just driving it and finally getting some enjoyment out of it again.

Stampede:
Had modified the worn out hot racing steering drag link by drilling it out and installing some 3x6x2.5mm boca bearings in it. Greatly reduced steering slop and hopefully removed a wear point that's annoying to fix.

ERBEv2:
Put a set of hot racing 1/2" (10mm) offset adapters on it and switched back to my trencher 3.8's. Also dropped the pinion down to 19T, but will probably change it to 20T since everything ran relatively cool. Didn't care for the stock talon ext tires. Too little grip and too little sidewall for my taste. Now that I have the adapters, I'm thinking of ordering a set of backflips for it. I really like those on the outcast. Will see how it does.

Damage:
Busted a rear tekno shock end on the outcast, had a few spares with me to fix it. Ordered some Nero HD ones to try. Also pretty sure I stripped the bolt hole threads in my hot racing sliding adjuster plate. @bicketybam is hooking me up with a replacement. (thanks again!) That happened near the end of the second set of packs when the motor moved on me. Which reminds me... the pinion may need replaced, forgot to check. Also busted the center body tower/cage thing pretty bad.

Broke a piston on one of the rear revo shocks, it still drove, was just bouncy and bottomed out harder than usual. Also broke a rear turnbuckle end, was able to fix that while there.

Pretty sure the stampede is still good... might need a few ball ends replaced due to them getting stretched a bit on the upper turbuckles.

Very cool video's. I drove my Typhon and Stampede today also but snapped a axle on the Stampede, which I have no problem with because I have already upgraded the rear axle's and was waiting for one of the fronts to snap so I could order them...

I got tired of breaking the stock axles early on even with 2S. Spending $130 on x-duty's seemed like a lot at the time, but they really held up well.

I need to give the stampede a once over, my t2t brace poked a hole in the probodyrc body, so need to figure out some padding or something for that. Outcast is down until I replace the mounting plate. I'd remove the brace, but I don't want the chassis snapping in half on me like I did when it was stampede length. Pretty sure I have parts to fix the revo. So if I go out tomorrow, it will be a traxxas only day.

Every time I launch the outcast, I'm really wishing it was a kraton length... I usually prefer shorter trucks, but coming from nitro with trucks that top out at 40mph on a good day... they aren't as unpredictable as the outcast is at full tilt. The revo is similar dimensions, but for some reason, it's far less violent reacting to throttle/brake in the air. No clue why, same motor, esc, but it's a much calmer truck to drive flat out. Might be geared a bit lower... should check the punch setting and brake setting on both, maybe I have them different.

I got tired of breaking the stock axles early on even with 2S. Spending $130 on x-duty's seemed like a lot at the time, but they really held up well.

I need to give the stampede a once over, my t2t brace poked a hole in the probodyrc body, so need to figure out some padding or something for that. Outcast is down until I replace the mounting plate. I'd remove the brace, but I don't want the chassis snapping in half on me like I did when it was stampede length. Pretty sure I have parts to fix the revo. So if I go out tomorrow, it will be a traxxas only day.

Every time I launch the outcast, I'm really wishing it was a kraton length... I usually prefer shorter trucks, but coming from nitro with trucks that top out at 40mph on a good day... they aren't as unpredictable as the outcast is at full tilt. The revo is similar dimensions, but for some reason, it's far less violent reacting to throttle/brake in the air. No clue why, same motor, esc, but it's a much calmer truck to drive flat out. Might be geared a bit lower... should check the punch setting and brake setting on both, maybe I have them different.

Maybe Im just missing out but I find running my Outcast on 4S a great compromise. I have not, however, "full send" it yet. Just bashing around the yard and our 2 piles of mulch and dirt.

I swapped with my son, ran his Kraton and he ran my Outcast and he said the same thing...the outcast feels more fun because its not as "forgiving" as the Kraton, you actually have to use yer brain and stuff.

I ran mine for a year or so on 4S. It was plenty for skate park bashing, but I needed the extra speed to clear some of the big jumps at the bmx track. Once I went 6S... I regeared my savage flux for 6S and bought an ERBEv2 roller to move over parts from my v1 so I could run 6S in that too.

Once you run 6S, you likely won't want to run 4S.

I ran it for a bit on 6s when I first got it. Was just in the street to shake it down so to speak. Couldn't keep the front end down ? been on 4s ever since.

Stock electrics but no cooling fan. Will probably mess with 6s once I have motor fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back