Fireteam BashingBrian's Arrma WCB...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So I firstly apologise for the clickbait, this ISN'T a Fireteam build 😉 but there are no prefixes for custom Frankenstein builds..

This latest build is all the fault of @Woodentop .. He posted a thread the other week all about bashing in the winter, if I'm correct..

Announcing the newly designed Arrma WCB..!! (WinterCrapBasher) Release date TBC..!! and this one won't be $750/£699

Looks cool doesn't it 🤣🤣
It's waiting for the magic to happen.!! More parts not in this photo will be included soon like a body, electronics and some wheel/tyres 😎
This has all come about because I'm going to be selling off one of my trucks soon, then with my spares bins and wot not this abomination will be born...
Enjoy..

IMG_2724.jpeg

This won't be my usual long winded build 🤣
Some of the build I'm gonna skip because nobody needs to see me build diffs or add shims to stuff again..!!

Changes to specifications are made by mutual agreement between the supplier and BashingBrian. In addition to agreement of the change, the supplier and BashingBrian will determine the effective date of the change. Changes will be coordinated, initial production will be identified and where applicable PPaP'd to BashingBrian. When the specifications include references to brand names, the supplier and BashingBrian will mutually agree on the implementation of any changes made in the brandname of the product. Subject to parts supply, specification may still change without notice and any unforeseen delay in production will be the cause of other work commitments on the part of BashingBrian, subject completion TBA 😉🤣

So lets make a start, just testing things out to see what works best atm...
It almost looks like a car already 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_2723.jpeg

CVD's front and rear, all shimmed and ready..👍🏼

IMG_2725.jpeg

Alloy center diff 1 million cst, 3mm caphead bolts in the motor mount is one of the best upgrades, you won't round these out and you can tighten them down better..!!

IMG_2727.jpeg

Standard mod, replace the bushings for bearings in the steering 👍🏼 threw in some EXB bits ( remember this is all about using what I have in my spares box and not just buying extra stuff..!!

IMG_2728.jpeg

So this is the final mock up, next I'll take it all apart and build it properly 🤔 I think it all works as it should. ( may need to modify the shocks )
It has a T-Bone bumper on it currently, but I'm not sure if I like it....

Couldn't do anymore today as I realised I've run out of M4x6mm grubscrews for the diff pinion cups 😩

IMG_2760.jpeg

So, I've pretty much lost my way with this build 🤣 not sure where this is going, to be honest..!!
The specs for this build go something like this.....

M2C v1 Kraton chassis, Talion front shock tower, Typhon arms, Typhon shocks, Kraton axle carriers, Kraton stub axles, T-Bone bumper, CRCU front hinge pin holder, EXB rear hinge pin holder 😉

IMG_2763.jpeg

Talion rear shock tower, Typhon arms, Kraton hub carriers, Kraton stub axles/cvd's, EXB hinge pin holders FR RR 😉

IMG_2764.jpeg

I realised late into this build that I had no diff outdrive cups in my spares 😩 so I did a bit of experimenting and found out that the superior Corally drive cups fit just fine.!!

IMG_2798.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpeg

I even went one better and used the upgraded spring steel versions..!! The main reason for this is because over in the UK Arrma parts are insultingly expensive for certain things...
Example: AR310432 drive cup is £21.38 for one..!!!
The Corally cups come in pairs and only £14.54..!!! ( Arrma can go suck it 🤪 )

IMG_2802.jpeg

EXB steering Ackerman plate, EXB top plate, ABEC5 bearings (overkill 😎), EXB servo mount ( servo is on order / DS 35kg )

IMG_2806.jpeg

Onto the diffs, alloy cup center with 1mil oil, 3mm caphead bolts with thick washers in motor mount, trust me you'll never strip these 😉 GKA chassis braces front and rear.

IMG_2821.jpeg

Front diff 60k, Typhon spec diff, shimmed nice and tight no play at all..!!😎

IMG_2807.jpeg

Rear diff 30k, Typhon spec diff, shimmed nice and tight no play at all..!!😎 You can see the rear cvd's below and RPM chassis skid.

IMG_2809.jpeg

While is was poaching Corally parts I decided to try the swaybars, turns out they don't fit but the balls do 😎 and again they are in my opinion much better quality than the Arrma part, being as Arrma use plastic and the Corally use metal..!!

IMG_2810.jpeg

Swaybars rebuilt with Corally balls and Arrma drop links, if you buy the Corally balls on their own I'm sure they are cheaper than Arrma's plastic version 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_2813.jpeg
IMG_2814.jpeg

GKA..!!! ( sooo tough )

IMG_2817.jpeg

So just in case you have never built a Frankenstein build 😎 sometimes you have to compromise, my compromise was the suspension doesn't have enough travel in the up direction but plenty in the down direction 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣 so to solve this or at least try to prevent to whole thing blowing itself to pieces I have fitted some 3mm thick o-rings to limit the compression ( just to clarify this rig isn't made for massive 30+ft jumps just general bashing, like what a Typhon can do..!! )

IMG_2823.jpeg

Shocks were built with 700cst oil and I'm using M2C shock bushings, one of the best mods you can do to your stock shocks..!!

IMG_2824.jpeg

That's where I am 🤣 it's coming along, still not sure what it's going to be though 🤣🤣🤣
I have a motor, no esc and a new body, the one thing I'm not short of is wheels I've got buggy, truggy, monster truck, speed runners, foams but I've no idea what I'm going to use..!! You's guy's know as much a me....🤔
Till next time 👍🏼

Like… be back in a week? No.. two week.. no.. a month? :)
@Rcproponent ..
The build changed direction 🤣 sold my old V4 Kraton and it needed parts from the WCB..!!
Don't tell anyone as this is a secret, but I think WCB maybe changing into something wilder..😉

( New name -- WildCarparkBasher 🤣🤣 )

Changes to specifications are made by mutual agreement between the supplier and BashingBrian. In addition to agreement of the change, the supplier and BashingBrian will determine the effective date of the change. Changes will be coordinated, initial production will be identified and where applicable PPaP'd to BashingBrian. When the specifications include references to brand names, the supplier and BashingBrian will mutually agree on the implementation of any changes made in the brandname of the product. Subject to parts supply, specification may still change without notice and any unforeseen delay in production will be the cause of other work commitments on the part of BashingBrian, subject completion TBA 😉🤣

It's back..!!!
Here in the UK we have a long bank holiday at easter so I decided to throw the WCB together and just run it with what I've got, I was off work and for once the weather forecast was good ( no rain..!! ) so here it is..

Basic spec below...
M2C Kraton v1 chassis and braces, Typhon diffs arms hubs, rear Felony wheels x4, Talion body, Max8/4092, Typhon 3s wing, Talion towers, Typhon shocks, 46T spur pinion 20T.. and lastly I had a very badly cut chassis skin that I decided to stick on it..;):ROFLMAO: (wouldn't buy these again)

IMG_3639.jpeg
IMG_3646.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3656.jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg
IMG_3665.jpeg

Body is painted in Tamiya TS-28 Olive Drab 2, I was going to do a whole army type livery but the stencils I got didn't work as expected..
It's painted silver inside so it's got that Notorious vibe going on where as it gets scratched it will show as if metal showing..!!

I imagine that this car will get stripped back down soon as it's just not as much fun as I thought it would be..:rolleyes:
See you all soon :cool:

How did I forget about this car 🤦🏻‍♂️ I loved the paint job but I guess I just forgot that it was typhon arms and stuff I thought a for some reason it was Mojave stuff. How do you like this thing for parking lot bashing ?? Does it work ok?? I really wanna pickup infraction shocks and towers but I’ll have to wait a bit as money is a little snug at the moment lol

@BashingBrian the originator of all cool new arrma custom things .. haha

Exb diff shim fix .. now this thing.. haha

Edit: I’m now seeing it says you didn’t like it all that much … lol .. well shoot

Last edited:
How do you like this thing for parking lot bashing ?? Does it work ok??

Edit: I’m now seeing it says you didn’t like it all that much … lol .. well shoot

Well 🤔 .....
It does work really well in parking lots, only problem is I don't have any near me large enough to take advantage of all that power 🤪🤣
It's just too crazy fast, I did think about swapping it to Mojave arms etc but I didn't want to spend any money on it, so for now it's been shelved.
Maybe later in the year I may bring it out and re-design it 👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back