Fireteam BashingBrian's Fireteam EXBB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it take to make a chassis brace like that? Looks great!
Have look through my other build threads as I'm sure I explain in one of them.
Basically, I use roll wrapped Carbon Fiber tubing then I bond ( I used JB Weld this time ) some threaded inserts into the ends, use original ball ends.. (y)
I can make these for around £14/$17 all in..!!

Did a bit more staring :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6248.jpeg

Titanium droop screws, they saved so much weight :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_6249.jpeg

Holographic carbon chassis ;)

IMG_6250.jpeg

Fitted all the EXB parts including the EXB turnbuckles..

IMG_6257.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg

Rainbow bling..!!
Moved the battery tray to the rearward position..

IMG_6264.jpeg

My next job is removing slop o_O I noticed the truck is very uneven in the slop department, some of it is horrible and some of it is very tight, Arrma QC at its finest...!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Did a bit more staring :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 272803

Titanium droop screws, they saved so much weight :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 272798

Holographic carbon chassis ;)

View attachment 272799

Fitted all the EXB parts including the EXB turnbuckles..

View attachment 272801View attachment 272800View attachment 272802

Rainbow bling..!!
Moved the battery tray to the rearward position..

View attachment 272808

My next job is removing slop o_O I noticed the truck is very uneven in the slop department, some of it is horrible and some of it is very tight, Arrma QC at its finest...!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh my! SHINY! Looking good. Can’t wait to see the finished product(yep said it twice… motivational ya know) 🤣😂

Not sure, it'll be ready when it's ready ;) :ROFLMAO: :cool: bad weather and parts causing delay.... ( and free time to complete )
Dude, you are so preaching to the choir! I have to get my workspace back together and move forward with some builds. Weather, work, and time.

Time for a bit of slop sorting :ROFLMAO: overall my Fireteam is one of the best and worst of my cars..!!
The rear hub carriers were awful, almost needing an extra spacer on top of what the factory fits..o_O
Standard from factory they have 1x 2mm and 2x 1mm, mine needed 1x 1mm and. 2x 1.8mm spacers ( the metal ones are Shimano pedal pin spacers ) I used these as I had them to hand, may change them later..

IMG_6214.jpeg
IMG_6361.jpeg
IMG_6212.jpeg

Decided to go for a very slightly wider stance, M2C hexes I think they're 5mm wider :unsure: if I remember correctly.

IMG_6358.jpeg
IMG_6357.jpeg

Hate losing dogbones so have fitted CVD's in the rear..!!
If you look closely at the lower shock tower mount you can see the nut and bolt mod, this makes the rear so much stronger (y)

IMG_6359.jpeg

Quick pic of the insides before I fitted the power plant :cool: for now I'm just using a cheapo DsServo 35kg, in the pic just below the servo is a little plate made of Kydex to mount the esc switch, you can also see the carbon chassis brace in all its glory;):cool::ROFLMAO:

IMG_6309.jpeg

Fingers crossed for this weekend, looks to be painting time :cool: and then some loose ends and we're done...!!
I just totally heard your post in Morty’s voice. Jesus, I need to get out more…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back