Fireteam BashingBrian's Fireteam EXBB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Come on you all knew this would happen sooner or later..:LOL:
( I blame all you guys that got the $400 deal for this build, you all know who you are, I hate you all ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: )

I didn't manage to get a killer deal like you guys did in the USA, but I got a killer deal in the UK, so let's see where this goes...

Come on you all knew this would happen sooner or later..:LOL:
( I blame all you guys that got the $400 deal for this build, you all know who you are, I hate you all ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: )

I didn't manage to get a killer deal like you guys did in the USA, but I got a killer deal in the UK, so let's see where this goes...

We all Love you too buddy! 🍺

On your marks, get set, go.!!

IMG_6195.jpeg

I just can't be trusted with anything nice.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mojave EXB + Fireteam = Mojave + Fireteam EXB?😉

The Mojave gave up its life for a good cause :ROFLMAO:
One sacrificial Mojave EXB + Fireteam RTR = Fireteam EXBB :cool:

And so it begins...

IMG_6253.jpeg

So far on disassembly of both trucks the Fireteam came apart very well no stripped bolts so far, the Mojave on the other hand did have a couple of loose/stripped bolts in the front bulkhead/diffcase.
I like the way the Fireteam has chassis braces with the lock pin, yet the EXB ones don't..!! ( I can't use plastic ones though :ROFLMAO: )
All the electronics including the complete handbrake have been removed ready to be sold, keeping the SR315 though.

Wow! That's how you get a deal on an Arrma in the UK!? ..In pieces!?🤣🤣🍻
One careful owner..!!

Been staring at this for ages trying to decide where to go with it :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6200.jpeg

While trying to decide, I made these Kydex dirt guards...:cool:

IMG_6241.jpeg

Just waiting on some parts to arrive and get some free time to continue..
Next job, 3x diffs to rebuild (y)

Last edited:
One careful owner..!!

Been staring at this for ages trying to decide where to go with it :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 270828

While trying to decide, I made these Kydex dirt guards...:cool:

View attachment 270829

Just waiting on some parts to arrive and get some free time to continue..
Next job, 3x diffs to rebuild (y)

Man the texture on those mudguards looks good!

There is no way I could have all those screws like that...my mind is so forgetful. As I take a part off, I am putting the screws back in so I can remember days later where they go so I keep them together... :LOL: I've worked on these rigs for 2yrs you think I'd be a bit better 🤷‍♂️

Is that painted mudguards?
What material did you use to make them?

There is no way I could have all those screws like that...my mind is so forgetful. As I take a part off, I am putting the screws back in so I can remember days later where they go so I keep them together... :LOL: I've worked on these rigs for 2yrs you think I'd be a bit better 🤷‍♂️

I Better Not show you how I have All my screws just thrown onto a neodymium magnet ...for safe keeping.

Probably give you nightmares!

As I take a part off, I am putting the screws back in so I can remember days later where they go so I keep them together... :LOL:
I try to do that as much as possible as well(y). Saves you searching the exploded view, whether you should use the M4x10 of M4x12 screw:ROFLMAO:.
During the Christmas holiday I went through all my spare screws. All of them were in one box, which was starting to get a bit out of control as I purchased quite a bit of new spare screws recently and searching for a specific screw was getting a bit annoying.
So I sorted and measured them all with a caliper and they are now in little storage containers with some tape indicating the measurement in each section of the container.
Quite some work, but the end result is pretty satisfying and organized.

Is that painted mudguards?
What material did you use to make them?

No
Kydex
👍🏼

Kydex actually seems to be more readily available in the USA than over here..!!
It’s quite hard to find in the UK, if I remember correctly it was @Jimbobjr who told me about Kydex originally, since then it’s been my material of choice for all sorts of RC things 👍🏼

No
Kydex
👍🏼

Kydex actually seems to be more readily available in the USA than over here..!!
It’s quite hard to find in the UK, if I remember correctly it was @Jimbobjr who told me about Kydex originally, since then it’s been my material of choice for all sorts of RC things 👍🏼
Had to look Kydex up, never heard of it.
I use clear 0,75mm Polycarbonate (PC) sheet to make mudguards. A little heat and you can easlity deform it which shape it holds once cooled down.
Flexible, strong and cuttable with scissors. (y)
2mm could not be cut and was not flexible. I just a Dremel to cut it, but the edges would melt due to heat. 0,75mm works like a charm.
I just saw the shop where I bought the PC sheet also sells Kydex, but only in 2mm. How do you cut it?

I cut my Kydex with scissors, I used to use Lexan for guards etc but the Kydex is much better as it has some flex it’s also easier to work with and it’s amazing when you heat it up.!! Google it 😎
The stuff in my pics above is 0.75mm thick. Oh and lastly it’s so tough 👍🏼

Same here. I always tear down with the intention of laying everything out nice and neat so I can keep it organized. By the time I'm halfway done it looks like someone tossed a miniature grenade on my work table! :ROFLMAO:
I cut my Kydex with scissors, I used to use Lexan for guards etc but the Kydex is much better as it has some flex it’s also easier to work with and it’s amazing when you heat it up.!! Google it 😎
The stuff in my pics above is 0.75mm thick. Oh and lastly it’s so tough 👍🏼
Kydex is awesome! So easy to make small custom parts with.

The towers arrived and I also made a new chassis brace ( just like the ones I normally make ) super light weight..!!
This new brace is a bit fatter than normal, I usually use 10mm carbon fiber but this time I tried 12mm for more strength but just as light.

IMG_6298.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

Completely forgot that Scorched towers are drilled at 3mm so had to re-drill them to 4mm to accept M2c shock standoffs..
One of the best upgrades is the M2c shock bushings (y)

IMG_6300.jpeg
IMG_6301.jpeg

Drilled the wrong holes on the front tower :ROFLMAO: so it looks like I'll be laying the shocks down a wee bit more than stock..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back