BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So this isn't really a build log as such, more of a this is what I find along the way and mod as I go..

Big shout to @bicketybam for his hints and tips from his post on his Infraction..??

Here is the stock build just after fitting XT90's and before its first run...?

IMG_3224.jpeg

Had some titanium bolts left over from a previous project so thought why not fit them..!!

IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg

So here we are at the maiden run 9pm UK time, I'm on the left... let the carnage begin..?

IMG_3244 2.jpeg

So in the beginning I told myself no mods or upgrades this time... well I'm not doing too well so far..??

I love my Arrma's but I hate slop..? so front and rear shimmed with 8mm x 12mm shims..

I'm looking into some Tekno turnbuckles for the rear arms also, but I'm still working out what parts will work..!!

IMG_3253.jpeg
IMG_3254.jpg
IMG_3260.jpg

This mod was something @Thomas P did on diff pins so thought I'd try it on hub pins as I seem to break them quite often..!!
Basically you get some HSS drills and cut them to length, they are way stronger than the original pins..??

IMG_3266.jpg

More to follow....

So we continue..

Here are the first parts I bought..

Titanium Steering Arms, Droop Screws, Alloy Diff Case.. ( I will post more about the steering later )

IMG_3273.jpeg
IMG_3291.jpg
IMG_3277.jpeg

Next up its fabricating time, so I decided to save some weight ???
Incase you've never removed your center brace let me tell you its quite heavy for what it is..?

So I decided to make one using carbon fiber..!!

IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3278.jpeg
IMG_3249.jpg
IMG_3250.jpg

Fitting the titanium steering parts...

IMG_3298.jpeg
IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg

I've got some Bearings, fans and a few other spares coming next week, so the mods continue..???

Droop screws fitted..

IMG_3297.jpeg
IMG_3295.jpg

As it stands at the moment... (second set of tires fitted??)

IMG_3309.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpg
IMG_3307.jpeg

Repositioned the Ti screws as the very rear ones didn't do much, as there is too much flex in the diffuser..?
In this new position though... omg its awesome..??

IMG_3280.jpeg

My mates car is bog stock and after two batteries the rear tyres are as bald as a babies bum..!!
So my next job is the center diff, going with 200k.. hopefully it should tame it down a bit.
Not too sure what to do with the front and rear, going to leave standard for now.

Hopefully the more of us that get the Infraction more info will become available about oils and setups etc..?

I forgot to talk about the car at the beginning, well all I can say is this car is so much more than I expected..!!
The thing is so fast out the box, it drifts like crazy and don't forget that the tyres actually smoke..!!
I've run it once so far and I drove it like I stole it..? the Graphene's are in another league in terms of Lipo's the punch they have is just ridiculous ?

At the very beginning before the car was launched I wanted to put a HW 4985 max6 combo in it, but to be honest I think that would be just plain scary..!! ( I still might though just for ??? and giggles )

It's amazing how good the stock motor/esc setup is out the box, I haven't tried the 27T yet as I'm stuck for space at the moment..?

The bad points so far.. the tires just don't last long enough, the front lower splitter screws are a con and way too expensive..!!
I've got some replacements on order will post them later....

Good points... it's so easy to remove the front bumper/splitter and the rear diffuser your then left with a normal 6s Arrma to work on..??
I will be getting some GRP's in the near future but still can't decide on compound..?

Have some body mods that I'm thinking of, but I'm not telling..?

Edit: just to add to the above.. this carbon brace isn't a sleeve it's a full carbon brace, I forgot to mention this earlier..???

Last edited:
I noticed there is a ton of slop in the factory steering arms ball joints. I have quite a few from past RC projects, but was not able to find a match for the size these Arrma's use. By chance have you looked into this yet?

-Liberty

I am looking into some replacements, will post my findings when I have part numbers etc..???

I noticed on the rear uprights/turnbuckles when I measure the rear camber it goes form -3 to +1 in slop..???

Few bits arrived, still waiting on more bits....

Was all set to rebuild center diff with 200k and then I realised I didn't have any..? and to make matters worse no stock in the UK..!!!

WTF Windy fans..?? ABEC5 bearings of course in Arrma colors...?

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

@LibertyMKiii ... I ordered some other turnbuckles and ends but won't post till I know they work ?

Still waiting for the GRP factory to re-open..??? 26 August, then I can order my wheels..???

Last edited:
Quick small update.. built up and fitted the center diff this evening, test run in the morning..?

ABEC5 bearings, 200K oil...

Can't remember if I'd said what my suspension settings are, so at the moment I'm running -1.5 rear camber and on the front I fitted a 0.8mm stainless steel washer on the lower pillow ball arm, haven't measured the front camber yet though all I know is it handles better in corners, its also lowered slightly. I'll post more once the next job is done....

Next job is turnbuckles and fans..??

IMG_3418.jpeg
IMG_3422.jpeg
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3425.jpeg

Excellent!! You're on top of this one and very impressive that you've made so much smart progress. Please, please show some video. It may be all I need to pull the trigger on an Infraction. You're doing such a fantastic job here. Glad you like the truck and hope we can get tires to come down some if they up production...it's only fair that they eventually help us out with a better deal on the smokers. If I owned an Infraction, I'd prefer to buy tires at 12 at a time if I can save a few bucks. ....just like I buy wing mounts for my Talion, Noto and Kraton. Three at a time. ????

What shims did the diff need?

Currently it's setup as the Arrma picture for the alloy diff except I used 1x Mugen shim + 1x Arrma...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 08.51.23.jpeg
    Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 08.51.23.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 100
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back