BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Evil-T .... I went Tekno at first but the cost of the parts is ? so that's why I thought I'd try Mugen, as for camber etc check out post #13..??

Have a look at RC waffle on eBay they are like JRC but do more obscure kits.

Think the whole EB48.4 kit was $36.28 (£36)

Cool missed that comment about camber, just realised when using the alu diff housing you can assemble either way.

Last edited:
Just a quick one....

Full rebuild on the diffs and added new center cup as you all know what happened to the last one..
Couldn't believe when I opened them up that the rear was practically empty, bit hard to see in photo..?

IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4567.jpeg

Added ABEC5 bearings in red (of course) just to finish them off, new spec's are F30k C500k R60k so lets see if this thing handles any better now, hopefully it will be a drifting monster..?

Small mod to front splitter as I'm fed up with the pulling the screws out..!!! ( and they are always out of stock in the U.K..? )
I counter sunk the splitter and changed to M4 counter sunk bolts..??? the standard M3 bolts only go into the upper bumper mount by
about 5mm that's not really enough in my opinion, so I'm using longer bolts that now go into the upper bumper about 8mm.. so I'm quite sure I'll break something else now..???

IMG_4514.jpeg

Previous attempt was these M4 button heads, problem was whilst driving the heads would get ground down so much you couldn't get a driver in it..!!?

IMG_2099.jpeg

Just a quick one....

Full rebuild on the diffs and added new center cup as you all know what happened to the last one..
Couldn't believe when I opened them up that the rear was practically empty, bit hard to see in photo..?

View attachment 55059View attachment 55060

Added ABEC5 bearings in red (of course) just to finish them off, new spec's are F30k C500k R60k so lets see if this thing handles any better now, hopefully it will be a drifting monster..?

Small mod to front splitter as I'm fed up with the pulling the screws out..!!! ( and they are always out of stock in the U.K..? )
I counter sunk the splitter and changed to M4 counter sunk bolts..??? the standard M3 bolts only go into the upper bumper mount by
about 5mm that's not really enough in my opinion, so I'm using longer bolts that now go into the upper bumper about 8mm.. so I'm quite sure I'll break something else now..???

View attachment 55061

Previous attempt was these M4 button heads, problem was whilst driving the heads would get ground down so much you couldn't get a driver in it..!!?

View attachment 55062
That's a good idea of marking what oil you've got in them. I've grabbed the wrong one before and then couldn't remember what oil I had in it, so I had to drain them all again and restart. ?‍♂️

What brand are those bearings, btw?

Great stuff @BashingBrian been really enjoying following this thread. I know you had changed out your stock servo for a little while, but I found running a decent high speed servo really livened up the response. The faster servo made it easier to catch a spin or change direction during a long drift, a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

With that car it doesn't need to much power, but it does need to be stable, I'd go in the middle somewhere. The main thing I'd be looking for is a good centering servo with very little play. You can put a fairly cheap servo in to try it out then buy a good one if you like the change. I'm a Sanwa fan they do some good servo's that don't cost the earth, but they also do the high end stuff too.

Update time...

I'll start with the body mods..
Decided to cut some air intakes into the front and route hose from them to the motor but the silicone hose I got was very stiff so, just ram air holes for now..

Then decided to remove the rear window for more hot air to escape from, I got some fine almost scale sized stainless steel mesh and fitted it in the window..
Made a template for the rear window stuck it down masked around it and began to cut it out.. omg that Lexan is thick..!!
Removed the rear window decal first so I could put it back afterwards..

Haven't got a good finished pic yet..?

View attachment 47799View attachment 47800View attachment 47801View attachment 47802View attachment 47803

Next job was my obsession with slop..???

So I had been looking into getting other turnbuckles etc for the front and rear and this is what I ended up with...!!

The rear is completely slop free ?? the parts I used on the rear are all Tekno...

Turnbuckles packet empty as I'd already fitted them..?

I couldn't believe how much slop was in the standard Arrma ones compared with the Tekno..!!

View attachment 47804View attachment 47805

Onto the front, this one was a bit more tricky as the front has a lot moving parts for slop to occur, in the end I found some Mugen parts on Jenny's ?? ( Ebay 392059721014 )

I was going to make up a Tekno servo turnbuckle because of play but it turned out to be the servo that had the play..!!
At the same time of fitting the turnbuckles I decided to increase the ackerman angle so the truck has more steering lock on power, great for drifting..!!

There isn't any slop in the front now at all, apart from my servo and a small amount from the pillow ball setup ??

@LibertyMKiii the front turnbuckles are well worth the money..????

View attachment 47806View attachment 47807View attachment 47808

New motor is here but I'm 6.5mm bullet'less at the moment..??
So have ordered some plus some repair parts coming, that damn front splitter design sucks..?
Do you have part numbers for the turnbuckle set; I am looking for a better alternative for my typhon GT8LE?

Quick follow up, and how NOT to fit your diffs..!!! ???

So after rebuilding my diffs the other day it was time to fit them, ready for an early Sunday morning bash..!!
At the same time I also changed all the bearings in the car too, but didn't take pic's because so many people have done this job before.
I used a mix of rubber shielded ABEC3 and ABEC5...???

IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4619.jpeg

So what I didn't know was that the diffs in the Infraction go the opposite way around than the Kraton...??
The crown wheel should be on the right hand side..!! ? not on the left like the pic's above...

And so the fun began, on the following morning off we go to the BMX track only then to find out that my car goes backwards instead of forwards... five minutes of head scratching later ? and I realise what I have done..? rookie mistake by myself and lesson learned.. I'm guessing the Typhon, Senton and Limitless are the same diff direction, Crown to the right..!!

Onto the next mod.. Big special thanks to @Dbx aka Scorchedparts ... I was talking to him a while ago and mentioned to him an idea that I had thought of....
Well, some time later these are now available ..??? Made out of 3mm ti 6al-4v..!!

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-6s-titanium-chassis-skid-plates-infraction-limitless

IMG_4621.jpeg
IMG_4623.jpeg
IMG_4625.jpeg

Update on the HSS hex pins, no breakages also the shims are wearing fine too ( still no slop ? )

IMG_4617.jpeg

I have another project in my head ? you'll have to wait and see what it becomes....?

IMG_4680 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back