BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Infraction v2.0..... And so it begins..?

IMG_6574.jpeg

Thanks, all the ones I've ever owned always leaks gas or has an uncontrollable flame. Currently have a bernz-o-matic pen style torch. It works good, but goes out super easy. Like I could fart in another room, and the flame will go out.

Thanks, all the ones I've ever owned always leaks gas or has an uncontrollable flame. Currently have a bernz-o-matic pen style torch. It works good, but goes out super easy. Like I could fart in another room, and the flame will go out.
That one I've got works really well, removes red loctite bolts with ease and a couple of days ago I soldered some 10awg wire with it..!! ?

@BashingBrian

Awesome build! I applaud your work ethic as it says a lot about a person. Following.

Where can one buy the red fan intake horn? I searched this thread but don’t believe you gave us that info...

Quick update on the diffs, I'm still running the same F30k/500k/R60k and it's going great I don't think I'll change to any other spec anytime soon..??

Thanks! I'm in the process of just putting a center diff in my Limitless and was looking for some guidance. It has 80k in it currently and is to spin happy right now.

@BashingBrian

Where can one buy the red fan intake horn? I searched this thread but don’t believe you gave us that info...
It was some random seller on eBay, I'll try to find them and get back to you..??

Test fitting some bits... ?

ScorchedRC 8mm Ti drive shafts.. 1/2 a PPS diff mount ?

IMG_6577.jpeg

I'm coming for you @Mr.Duke here's my aluminium fan mount, using existing holes in chassis..??? ( yours is still better )
I've started using 3mm capheads in the motor mounts with washers as I find they don't bite into the mount or get really tight and bind like the Arrma 2.5mm flange heads which then strip out when you try to remove them..!! on a side note, the normal flange heads are quite shallow which I believe is the real cause of the stripped heads..!!

IMG_6581.jpeg

CVD's in the rear..?
Someone on here once said to me you couldn't use CVD's in the rear of the Typhon..??
Well ??⚾️? to that ?? I'm getting them to fit in the Infraction/Limitless, it uses the same arms etc so I thought I'd give it a go.
I believe they may bind in a Typhon because of the amount of suspension travel but in the Infraction there is barely any suspension travel..!!
( will post other pics later of the clearance..?? )

IMG_6778.jpeg

Test fitting some bits... ?

ScorchedRC 8mm Ti drive shafts.. 1/2 a PPS diff mount ?

View attachment 88318

I'm coming for you @Mr.Duke here's my aluminium fan mount, using existing holes in chassis..??? ( yours is still better )
I've started using 3mm capheads in the motor mounts with washers as I find they don't bite into the mount or get really tight and bind like the Arrma 2.5mm flange heads which then strip out when you try to remove them..!! on a side note, the normal flange heads are quite shallow which I believe is the real cause of the stripped heads..!!

View attachment 88319

CVD's in the rear..?
Someone on here once said to me you couldn't use CVD's in the rear of the Typhon..??
Well ??⚾? to that ?? I'm getting them to fit in the Infraction/Limitless, it uses the same arms etc so I thought I'd give it a go.
I believe they may bind in a Typhon because of the amount of suspension travel but in the Infraction there is barely any suspension travel..!!
( will post other pics later of the clearance..?? )

View attachment 88320
I use CVDs in my Typhon too. Not a single issue. I bought the DEX8 cups to accommodate the CVDs as some said were necessary and they sit in the baggie they came in. When the tears wear out, I will use the Durango cups instead.

CVD's in the rear..?

Yep... just like @jondilly1974 confirmed, the Typhon 6s CVDs (AR220030) bolt on to the rear with zero issues/mods needed. Although I run Mugen E0228 outdrives.

You have our blessings??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back