BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my infraction great truck love the body but need to ask does any other body fit this amazing rig

I do believe the XO-1 body fits, also I think ? killerbody make a corvette that fits but don't quote me on that...

Also a Porsche body that will fit; which is my choice ? love Porsche ?

52B36275-33DC-42DD-BEF5-535DB0B63591.png

Attachments

• OFNA HOBAO Hyper One Seven Porsche.jpg
    OFNA HOBAO Hyper One Seven Porsche.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Very detailed building thread...
I have to follow this... ;)

I try to use some ideas for my Limitless!
At the Kraton the gaps and the play in the steering and the rear is okay, but not for a onroad racer :cool:

A few updates after the weekend after killing some tyres..? ( notice my Ti screws are holding out well and sparking nicely at night ? )

IMG_3633 2.jpeg

So in went the new motor, I decided to put my Max8 in also as it has better settings and more BRAKES..!!
I'm no longer using it in the Kraton ( it performed flawlessly matched with a 4092 1650kv but other plans ensued ?)

IMG_3540 2.jpg
IMG_3542.jpg

I was surprised to find out that the esc tray in the Infraction is actually drilled from factory to fit a Max8 or Max6 in the pic you can see my template I used in the past, all you need is some M3x8mm bolts.

IMG_3655.jpg

I stumbled onto these intakes and found out they are a direct fit on a Max8 so I had to fit one, bonus it's Arrma red..??
Also remounted the cap pack with better wire and mounted it on the diff case.

IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3658.jpg
IMG_3663.jpg

I had to extend the motor wires, luckily I had some spare 10awg wire from another esc to hand. Joined it with 6.5mm bullets and heat shrunk it together so it doesn't pull apart..?? ( great trick for stopping motor plugs unplugging )

Turned the batteries around as the Max8 wires were too short..? I cut some small hard foam blocks from some left over packing to sit in front of batteries to protect the ends but they're not in the pic.

IMG_3666.jpeg

It's very colorful in there now..??

IMG_3673.jpg

Above you can see I fitted a PowerHd LW20mg servo that was in my Kraton its only 6v but I've been happily running it on 7.4v for ages and it works well, small problem now is it doesn't centre properly, so I put the original Arrma one back in.. (for now ?)

The finished truck complete with GRP S5 slicks all ready to test run for the weekend, it's running 21T pinion at the moment which I believe will give the same speed as stock but with more torque..!! and less heat..??

Lets see how we go..!!

I think my next job will be full strip down/clean and fit the ABEC5 bearings I've had for a while now..? that I've been putting off fitting because its such a pain in the.....?

Last edited:
A few updates after the weekend after killing some tyres..? ( notice my Ti screws are holding out well and sparking nicely at night ? )

View attachment 48592

So in went the new motor, I decided to put my Max8 in also as it has better settings and more BRAKES..!!
I'm no longer using it in the Kraton ( it performed flawlessly matched with a 4092 1650kv but other plans ensued ?)

View attachment 48595View attachment 48596

I was surprised to find out that the esc tray in the Infraction is actually drilled from factory to fit a Max8 or Max6 in the pic you can see my template I used in the past, all you need is some M3x8mm bolts.

View attachment 48597

I stumbled onto these intakes and found out they are a direct fit on a Max8 so I had to fit one, bonus it's Arrma red..??
Also remounted the cap pack with better wire and mounted it on the diff case.

View attachment 48599View attachment 48600View attachment 48601

I had to extend the motor wires, luckily I had some spare 10awg wire from another esc to hand. Joined it with 6.5mm bullets and heat shrunk it together so it doesn't pull apart..?? ( great trick for stopping motor plugs unplugging )

Turned the batteries around as the Max8 wires were too short..? I cut some small hard foam blocks from some left over packing to sit in front of batteries to protect the ends but they're not in the pic.

View attachment 48602

It's very colorful in there now..??

View attachment 48603

Above you can see I fitted a PowerHd LW20mg servo that was in my Kraton its only 6v but I've been happily running it on 7.4v for ages and it works well, small problem now is it doesn't centre properly, so I put the original Arrma one back in.. (for now ?)

The finished truck complete with GRP S5 slicks all ready to test run for the weekend, it's running 21T pinion at the moment which I believe will give the same speed as stock but with more torque..!! and less heat..??

Lets see how we go..!!

I think my next job will be full strip down/clean and fit the ABEC5 bearings I've had for a while now..? that I've been putting off fitting because its such a pain in the.....?
Nice work Brian! The work and detail are amazing. About the intake. Knowing what we do about the amount of debris that the Infraction spits up into the body, is a bowl over the fan a good idea? Looks like it would catch and clog the fan if not checked repeatedly during each run. Looks wild, but it's just one of those things that popped in my head when I saw it.

About the intake. Knowing what we do about the amount of debris that the Infraction spits up into the body, is a bowl over the fan a good idea?

Yeah I know I was thinking the same thing, but luckily I have some of that mesh leftover from the back window so I'll make a cover of sorts..?? but it looks better without for photo purposes ?

Feel your pain!

Nice cut out in my HR motor mount after pinion came loose on motor, yes I did threadlock and tighten down just clearly not enough ??‍♂️?
View attachment 47140
Happened to my kraton 4s the screws loosen up while driving and stripped 2 motot mounting screws... im using red tread lock now because i don't traut anything now i cant sleep without thinking about my gearmesh now lol

Happened to my kraton 4s the screws loosen up while driving and stripped 2 motot mounting screws... im using red tread lock now because i don't traut anything now i cant sleep without thinking about my gearmesh now lol

Haven’t resorted to red yet I just make sure I fully clean the treads and copious amounts of blue ??

Brian really love how this is coming on, makes me want one but I must concentrate on my two current builds haha

Like me removing the slop etc is a high priority, how are you finding the front end with just the new links?

Like me removing the slop etc is a high priority, how are you finding the front end with just the new links?

Short answer, it's soooooo much better than stock..??

The Arrma rod ends aren't bad and the redesign makes them very good at not popping off, but they just have too much play..? Fine for offroading etc but ?? for on road..??

Short answer, it's soooooo much better than stock..??

The Arrma rod ends aren't bad and the redesign makes them very good at not popping off, but they just have too much play..? Fine for offroading etc but ?? for on road..??

I’ve picked up a full set of EB48 and MBX7 links so have a few to play around with.

Tekno ones do look a little more beefy then the Mugen plus the Tekno hollow balls are alloy vs the coated Mugen one.

I’ve got an Alza servo mount, HR steering link plus bearings so hopefully with a few shims the front should be sorted ??

Are you running stock camber?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back