BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love your build @BashingBrian I definitely love how the infraction looks. How it behaves with F30k C500k R60k?

Well I'll say this much, it's way better than stock...??? I've got mine setup for a bashing / drifting style, it's quite tail happy but controllable with the right tyres..?

Well I'll say this much, it's way better than stock...??? I've got mine setup for a bashing / drifting style, it's quite tail happy but controllable with the right tyres..?
Just got my Infraction today, and after 1pack tires are almost slick :ROFLMAO:. Which GRP compound do you recommend me to get? S5 or S7 revo or sliks?

I think it will depend on your temps..
I have one set of slicks I think they’re S5’s all my others are grooved.
I’ve not used all of them yet as I’ve had hardly any dry days.
If you go to GRP’s website it explains what’s best for what..??
http://www.grpgandini.it/tyres/1-8-gt.html
Sorry I’m at work at the moment or I could look at my most used ones..???

Onto the front, this one was a bit more tricky as the front has a lot moving parts for slop to occur, in the end I found some Mugen parts on Jenny's ?? ( Ebay 392059721014 )

I was going to make up a Tekno servo turnbuckle because of play but it turned out to be the servo that had the play..!!
At the same time of fitting the turnbuckles I decided to increase the ackerman angle so the truck has more steering lock on power, great for drifting..!!

There isn't any slop in the front now at all, apart from my servo and a small amount from the pillow ball setup ??

@LibertyMKiii the front turnbuckles are well worth the money..????

View attachment 47806View attachment 47807
Are these the MBX8 TIE RODS (turnbuckles long rear from upper arm links steering MUGEN E2021 ?

These are the ones I bought.. ECO MBX8 TIE RODS, Turnbuckle Set (arm links steering nitro MUGE2022 Mugen Seiki) but they look the same as the ones you have linked above..??
As you can see from my above post, I only used the Mugens for the steering not the rear..
I have since bought some Tekno ones for the front..?

These are the ones I bought.. ECO MBX8 TIE RODS, Turnbuckle Set (arm links steering nitro MUGE2022 Mugen Seiki) but they look the same as the ones you have linked above..??
As you can see from my above post, I only used the Mugens for the steering not the rear..
I have since bought some Tekno ones for the front..?
Same thing according to the description of what's included, but cheaper ?.

1580234557072.png

1580234571248.png

Just a small update, some new parts installed..

Finally remembered I had bought the titanium drive shafts a few weeks ago ?, so fitted them today..??
Not run the car yet though as it's raining again ?....

Big thanks to @Dbx aka ScorchedParts..

IMG_5264.jpeg

They are quite a bit thicker than the stock ones and at first I was a bit worried they would rub on the braces..!!

IMG_5266.jpeg
IMG_5268.jpeg

The clearance between the shafts and the braces is so tight, but they don't rub at all..???

IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_5271.jpeg

Quick update on the diffs, I'm still running the same F30k/500k/R60k and it's going great I don't think I'll change to any other spec anytime soon..??

Haven't got a working body at the moment as it's in project mode..?
Next update I'll reveal it, I hope ....?

Just a small update, some new parts installed..

Finally remembered I had bought the titanium drive shafts a few weeks ago ?, so fitted them today..??
Not run the car yet though as its raining again ?....

Big thanks to @Dbx aka ScorchedParts..

View attachment 64705

They are quite a bit thicker than the stock ones and at first I was a bit worried they would rub on the braces..!!

View attachment 64706View attachment 64707

The clearance between the shafts and the braces is so tight, but they don't rub at all..???

View attachment 64708View attachment 64709View attachment 64710

Quick update on the diffs, I'm still running the same F30k/500k/R60k and it's going great I don't think I'll change to any other spec anytime soon..??

Sick!!!!!!!!. Today I was looking at those on their website but they are Out of Stock. Do you know about any other high-quality driveshaft for the infraction? I saw this one on eBay but I have my doubts.

Sick!!!!!!!!. Today I was looking at those on their website but they are Out of Stock. Do you know about any other high-quality driveshaft for the infraction? I saw this one on eBay but I have my doubts.
I think they are too cheap to be any good..?
ScorchedParts will have them back in stock soon I imagine, I missed them the first few times but I finally got them..??

Great build thread thanks for sharing it with us. I just purchased a infraction and first impression is what a bad ass truck and will for sure take your advice on my build. Was wondering what screws are needed to make some sparks? Are they sold by Arrma? Thanks again

Great build thread thanks for sharing it with us. I just purchased a infraction and first impression is what a bad ass truck and will for sure take your advice on my build. Was wondering what screws are needed to make some sparks? Are they sold by Arrma? Thanks again
Titanium screws will do the job.

Or you can just get the the Scorchedrc skidplates. :love:

@SARRT8

Titanium screws will do the job.

Or you can just get the the Scorchedrc skidplates. :love:
What he said above...??

Screws are available all over eBay, you would need M3 button heads I went with between 10-14mm for any of the holes in the lower chassis plastic..?

Thanks. I plan on getting the scorched rc skid plate when they get back in stock. Until then I will order up some button heads.

So my body project is coming along nicely but it's taking me longer than I thought... trying to do too many things at once..??

Well It looks like I lied ? the body project has taken a detour so much so that I’ve bought a 2nd body.. I’ll finish the project body eventually..?

I’ve got a bunch of new upgrades coming soon..!! ?

Well It looks like I lied ? the body project has taken a detour so much so that I’ve bought a 2nd body.. I’ll finish the project body eventually..?

I’ve got a bunch of new upgrades coming soon..!! ?
?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back