Kraton BashingBrian's Kraton EXB...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stealing the googly eyes 👀 for my bug!
What's the gap between fans and motor on that mount Brian? Work in progress!
@Acidsnow .. Fair swap, as I've stole the Felony wheel idea..!!
Googly eyes will suit the bug 😉

Have a look at post #39 that rubber ring is 5mm 🤔 so I'd say fan clearance is about 5mm 👍🏼

So onto the final stages...

Few more upgrades, M2C rear tower brace and shock standoffs ?

View attachment 98616

This one's for all the UK and European guys 'n girls who can't get hold of PPS mounts..??

View attachment 98631
View attachment 98632

The new battery tray has way more mounting holes/screws than the V4 but I've still done the @Jimbobjr tray mod as the stronger the better, Extra Extreme Bash Version..!!

View attachment 98653

4mm high density foam used as a base to cushion the battery and lined with 0.75 Lexan, this stuff is so tuff it's crazy... ?

View attachment 98639

I had to trim the backside of the top of the diff mount to allow space for the battery.
I'm using CNHL 70c 5000mAh 6s and they are pretty big batteries, I've done this as a precaution really and also for piece of mind..???
@Notorious J ... can tell you what happens to batteries you punch holes in..?

View attachment 98638
View attachment 98641View attachment 98642

Next up is the shimtastic job of slop removal..? as always I do the hub axles to remove as much play as possible..
I'm using different shims this time and they are a bit larger in diameter as I used the same supplier as the diff shims..

View attachment 98643

Right and left rear both took exactly same amount of shims..

View attachment 98644

Left front took these...

View attachment 98646

Right front took these..

View attachment 98657

Next I replaced that plastic c clip with a metal washer..

View attachment 98647

The next thing was to fit rear cvd's from my V4 Kraton ? but it turns out that the diff drive cups aren't as deep as V4's therefore fitting rear cvd's is impossible because of the length..??
As you can see the V4 drive cup is much deeper and the newer EXB ones seem to have an insert in them, I believe this is redesigned so the driveshaft can rotate under full suspension travel more easily... So I think it's a fair trade off, my only issue is your now able to loose driveshafts if you break arms etc..

View attachment 98661

So... to avoid losing black driveshafts when they inevitably fly out and we all know they are impossible to see when that happens...!!
I give you, heat shrink red versions EXB style ?

View attachment 98645

To be continued...
Hi mate, just wondering I've got a lot of play in my axles especially front. Are these shims the right ones? And where exactly do they need to go? Thank you in advance mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back