BashingBrian's Kraton transformation....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Posting this here as it isn't quite a build log, more of a this is what I did lately..
It all began about a month ago when I bent the chassis on my V4 Kraton ( who would have guessed..? ) and like most of us on here we then go overboard on mods..!!

This all took a month or so to happen thanks to the atrocious UK postal service making me wait a month for my chassis??.....

Firstly a big shout out to all the good companies making all this stuff we spend our hard earned cash on, especially the smaller ones..

M2C Racing, T-bone, Voltage Hobbies, GKA, Tekjo, RPM and lastly everybody's favourite Jenny's..??
Also big shout out to those of you who inspired some of my choices and mods..??

So onto the build, that's enough waffle for now..

IMG_2696.jpeg

Rear cvd's fitted because I lost a dogbone one day and spent nearly an hour looking for it..!!??

IMG_2939.jpeg

RPM arms fitted all round, because well why wouldn't you..?? was really pleased with how much slop they took out of the car ?

IMG_2947.jpeg

RPM rear guards, Voltage Hobbies front and rear towers, GKA braces front and rear..

IMG_2949.jpg

Shimmed the hub axles front and rear, again all the slop gone..??? (shims used were 12x8x0.1&0.2mm)

IMG_2950.jpeg

One of my favourite mods are the cone spacers I made from M4 counter sunk bolts with the head drilled out..?? perfect for mounting T-bone bumpers so they don't pull the screw heads through..!!

IMG_2988 2.jpg

The award for most ridiculous mod goes to the ABEC-5 bearings I fitted in the wheelie bar wheels..? In my defence I had them lying around and they weren't bought especially for this.??
You can just about see the Tekno shock ends, mounts and boots too..

IMG_3057.jpeg

Almost finished..
M2C racing chassis, Talion wing and an assortment of Notorious parts fitted, wheelie bar, side guards...
Inside, I fitted a 4092 1650kv motor with a Hobbywing Max8 with external cappack, GKA tall servo mount along with a PowerHD LW-20mg 6.0v servo now running at 7.4v..? ( I'll report back here if it dies..!! sorry when it dies..? )

IMG_3069.jpg

I removed the plastic spacer on the upper arms and fitted stainless steel washers in their place, on the top arm is 0.8mm and the lower is 1.3mm thick
Again here are the Tekno shock ends etc....

IMG_3079.jpg

Notice the now removed tower bar..!!
As noted by @Aussie RC Playground @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 and many others, it causes more damaged than it prevents..?
GKA servo mount with titanium bolts ?, Radio gear swapped to a Tactic TTX300 ??, Arrma logo in silver..?

IMG_3083.jpeg

And finally the underbelly of the beast..!! not much to see other than a RPM rear skid and a T-bonre bumper..?
Its all tested and ready to go at last, but I'm stuck at work till the weekend now..???

At the moment its setup with a 20T pinion and Copperhead 2's ( I also have some 3.8" badlands to try ) I will experiment with it and see how it goes, also bought a 21T, 22T pinion..

I think that's about it..?? I know I haven't mentioned the diffs and other stuff but I know I have in other posts..??

I'll update this in the future with any new stuff I create...

Last edited:
It truly is an amazing build mate!! Really love it, can tell it's well thought out, and i do like the upgrades you've chosen ??

My only thing is the washers you have put between the a arms and pivot balls, I've removed mine as my front dog bones kept popping out, due to the flex in the a arms.

Did the rear cvds take any modding? As I've thought about doing this myself, but chose to just spray my dog bones a bright colour so i can find them againn?

Again mate very very nice ??

My only thing is the washers you have put between the a arms and pivot balls, I've removed mine as my front dog bones kept popping out, due to the flex in the a arms.
Did the rear cvds take any modding? As I've thought about doing this myself, but chose to just spray my dog bones a bright colour so i can find them againn?

Rear cvds just went straight on, no mods..!! The washers were fitted so as to keep it stock length, but I will remove them if I suffer driveshafts popping out..??

Those tall side guards... what are they from, and where can I get them?

Tall side guards Notorious or Outcast AR320352.. they have been modified quite a bit to fit the Kraton chassis...
I got mine from Jenny's as I was using other parts too..??

Great build bud. So u just buy a set of front cvds and they fit the rear hub and arm just fine? Also curious to know how the max8 works with that motor.

Like you say, I just fitted a set of front cvd's in the rear, I do believe on spec they are a bit longer 2mm maybe if I remember correctly..?? Some people have experienced rub in the cups at the diff end, I'll let you know how it goes..

As for that motor with a Max8, I'm also wondering how its going to work out..?

@BashingBrian I had to come back & look at this beauty again. A build that beautiful deserves an equally so body, PM me about a paint job that'll do it justice. ?

@Crewchief227 ... A custom paint job would be awesome..?, but sadly I'm in the UK and shipping it would cost me a fortune..???

Looks great, and also of interest to see what fellow UK folk are able to source for their cars. No Arrma yet for me but, should be within the next month that I get a V4 Kraton 6S which I'm really looking forward to and already planning some upgrades once I've done the initial one of buying a new radio to replace the stock Spektrum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back