BashingBrian's Kraton transformation....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice work @BashingBrian! Now go buy a used Kraton to bash so you can put that work of art on the shelf. JK ?Let'r rip BB!

Really nice work @BashingBrian! Now go buy a used Kraton to bash so you can put that work of art on the shelf. JK ?Let'r rip BB!
Thx @Notorious J ... the funny thing is I've been working so much recently I haven't had a chance to drive it since I built it..!!!??

Wow, nice build, no messing around. The motor in the pic is the Rocket and you mentioned the Hobbywong 4985. Curious to know what one you went with. Good luck with it, Keep posting how everything works out.

@Jimbobjr .. Thx ??
At the moment its running the Rocket 4092 with a Max8, I don't think I mentioned the 4985 here but I'm thinking of getting the Max6 combo at some point... I'll see how it goes..???

So I'm back with a small update..

Well pleased with the 4092 1650kv with Max8 and 20T it's awesome the torque is insane, on the right surface it will do standing backflips..? I had to remove the copperheads though as it was hitting 190F-200F, its better with the badlands running around 155F today I think I'm going to get some Backflip LP's though as the badlands just balloon too much if you don't control the throttle..

Quick question.. would it run cooler with a Max6..??

Thanks to all of you who helped me choose diff oils etc, I think @RC DUDE81 nailed it with my setup.. Thanks ??

The shocks with all the Tekno parts are doing great the chassis, braces, towers etc are all perfect and I'm no @bicketybam @RC DUDE81 or @Rich Duperbash I'm more @Notorious J ?...

So to sum it up its one hell of a bashing monster..?

Got my eye on some other mods, I'm thinking about the M2C shock caps, an Ackerman plate, and hopefully @Mr.Duke fan mounts ?

IMG_3504.jpg

Last edited:
Posting this here as it isn't quite a build log, more of a this is what I did lately..
It all began about a month ago when I bent the chassis on my V4 Kraton ( who would have guessed..? ) and like most of us on here we then go overboard on mods..!!

This all took a month or so to happen thanks to the atrocious UK postal service making me wait a month for my chassis??.....

Firstly a big shout out to all the good companies making all this stuff we spend our hard earned cash on, especially the smaller ones..

M2C Racing, T-bone, Voltage Hobbies, GKA, Tekjo, RPM and lastly everybody's favourite Jenny's..??
Also big shout out to those of you who inspired some of my choices and mods..??

So onto the build, that's enough waffle for now..

View attachment 43040

Rear cvd's fitted because I lost a dogbone one day and spent nearly an hour looking for it..!!??

View attachment 43041

RPM arms fitted all round, because well why wouldn't you..?? was really pleased with how much slop they took out of the car ?

View attachment 43042

RPM rear guards, Voltage Hobbies front and rear towers, GKA braces front and rear..

View attachment 43043

Shimmed the hub axles front and rear, again all the slop gone..??? (shims used were 12x8x0.1&0.2mm)

View attachment 43044

One of my favourite mods are the cone spacers I made from M4 counter sunk bolts with the head drilled out..?? perfect for mounting T-bone bumpers so they don't pull the screw heads through..!!

View attachment 43045

The award for most ridiculous mod goes to the ABEC-5 bearings I fitted in the wheelie bar wheels..? In my defence I had them lying around and they weren't bought especially for this.??
You can just about see the Tekno shock ends, mounts and boots too..

View attachment 43046

Almost finished..
M2C racing chassis, Talion wing and an assortment of Notorious parts fitted, wheelie bar, side guards...
Inside, I fitted a 4092 1650kv motor with a Hobbywing Max8 with external cappack, GKA tall servo mount along with a PowerHD LW-20mg 6.0v servo now running at 7.4v..? ( I'll report back here if it dies..!! sorry when it dies..? )

View attachment 43047

I removed the plastic spacer on the upper arms and fitted stainless steel washers in their place, on the top arm is 0.8mm and the lower is 1.3mm thick
Again here are the Tekno shock ends etc....

View attachment 43048

Notice the now removed tower bar..!!
As noted by @Aussie RC Playground @Rich Duperbash @RC DUDE81 and many others, it causes more damaged than it prevents..?
GKA servo mount with titanium bolts ?, Radio gear swapped to a Tactic TTX300 ??, Arrma logo in silver..?

View attachment 43049

And finally the underbelly of the beast..!! not much to see other than a RPM rear skid and a T-bonre bumper..?
Its all tested and ready to go at last, but I'm stuck at work till the weekend now..???

At the moment its setup with a 20T pinion and Copperhead 2's ( I also have some 3.8" badlands to try ) I will experiment with it and see how it goes, also bought a 21T, 22T pinion..

I think that's about it..?? I know I haven't mentioned the diffs and other stuff but I know I have in other posts..??

I'll update this in the future with any new stuff I create...
Oh boy was a sweet build that thing looks ready for the moon launch ?. Can’t wait to hear how she ran. Killer build with some righteous upgrades. Yeah I’d take the spacers out since doing that on mine no dog bones have popped. Bash on ??

I don't have dogbones running CVD's all round..????
What was the reason you chose to do this? Just wondering about the positive effects it might have.?

What was the reason you chose to do this? Just wondering about the positive effects it might have.?

@Notorious J ... The reason I fitted rear CVD's was because one day I lost a dogbone spent an hour looking for it..? and it even had yellow heat shrink on it so I could see it if I lost it..???

Oh, and I fancied CVD's all round too..???

@Notorious J ... The reason I fitted rear CVD's was because one day I lost a dogbone spent an hour looking for it..? and it even had yellow heat shrink on it so I could see it if I lost it..???

Oh, and I fancied CVD's all round too..???
It also blocks the gap in the axle carrier that the stuck dog bone cup leaves that lets sand/dirt get packed in between the bearings of the axle carrier.

I run in grass and at skate parks, so it's not much concern to me, but I have read quite a few posts where guys did it for that reason.

Nice. I had to get ahold of Rich cause Mitch swapped the piston colors compared to the video Rich put out. Just look at the bottom for the 1.5 pistons, they go in the rear. And wow they make a difference on after bounce. ?

Nice find, cheers for the info???????

Managed to bend and break a load of stuff last bash, still in the process of fixing everything..
The weather over here has been pants all week so thought I'd give everything a quick going over, here are some findings...

IMG_1721.jpeg

Somehow the pinion had slid down the motor shaft..!! motor mount also bent at the bottom...?

IMG_3641.jpeg

I think the hinge pin is bent..???

IMG_3643.jpeg

More bent things....

IMG_3646.jpg

I seemed to have ground some teeth down..?

On the plus side, I fitted Scorched parts, Ti steering Ackerman plate and ends and a new servo..???

IMG_2901.jpeg

Also did the battery tray mod..??? Thanks @Jimbobjr for the idea...

IMG_4590.jpeg

Here is the steering plate and some M2C shock caps I've still not fitted..??

IMG_3564.jpeg

Thats it for now....?

Managed to bend and break a load of stuff last bash, still in the process of fixing everything..
The weather over here has been pants all week so thought I'd give everything a quick going over, here are some findings...

View attachment 49515

Somehow the pinion had slid down the motor shaft..!! motor mount also bent at the bottom...?

View attachment 49516

I think the hinge pin is bent..???

View attachment 49517

More bent things....

View attachment 49519

I seemed to have ground some teeth down..?

On the plus side, I fitted Scorched parts, Ti steering Ackerman plate and ends and a new servo..???

View attachment 49520

Also did the battery tray mod..??? Thanks @Jimbobjr for the idea...

View attachment 49521

Here is the steering plate and some M2C shock caps I've still not fitted..??

View attachment 49522

Thats it for now....?
My m2c bladderless shock set should be here tomorrow ?

So next update, more spending..??

Firstly I want to acknowledge one of our greatest members on here... @Mr.Duke ... ????

A massive thanks to you for sending me your fan mounts to try out..!! ( all the way to the sunny UK..!!? ) you truly are a top gent..??

So on with the update... finally got round to building up my shocks with the M2C shock caps, as @Crewchief227 mentioned above my pistons also were colored the opposite way round to @Rich Duperbash build vid.. everyone make sure to read what this pistons say on them..!!

IMG_9606 2.jpeg
IMG_4341.jpeg
IMG_4344 2.jpeg

I noticed recently that there was a dent mark on my chassis so I've added just some 3M pads just to limit the flex of the motor..??

IMG_7145.jpeg
IMG_2647.jpeg
IMG_0619.jpeg

And finally onto the best upgrade part..?? Drum roll... @Mr.Duke the fan mount..!!!
The fan mount bolts up to the original bolt holes that are used to hold on the side guards, so no extra drilling required and one of the best parts of the mod in my opinion...????

IMG_1540 2.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_4373 2.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg

continued below...

Last edited:
The fit and finish on these fan mounts are superb..????

IMG_4376.jpeg

I've upgraded to a Max6 now also but forgot to take pictures of the fitting etc..?

Credit to @bicketybam for this next idea... I noticed that the 4092 motor wires are just a bit too short so I was running extensions, after seeing what @bicketybam had his local shop do for him..

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 20.02.10.png

I decided to give it a go... well, I've no idea what solder they use at the factory because my 80w iron wouldn't even soften the solder..??

So I tried a slightly different method that worked for me luckily, when I mounted my Max6 I decided at the same time to rotate the end bell of the motor 45 degrees allowing me to route my wires over the top, I also removed the heat shrink at the plugs allowing a small bend at the end of the wires ..??
Worked perfectly and allowed @Mr.Duke fan mount and fans to fit perfectly..??? The wires look tightly stretched in the pics but I can assure you they aren't ...

IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg
IMG_4379.jpeg
IMG_4385.jpeg

So I think that's it as it stands so far, hasn't been tested in anger yet because it hasn't stopped raining here in the UK ...????

Next mods are in the post as I type this..?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back