BashingBrian's Kraton transformation....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So next update, more spending..??

Firstly I want to acknowledge one of our greatest members on here... @Mr.Duke ... ????

A massive thanks to you for sending me your fan mounts to try out..!! ( all the way to the sunny UK..!!? ) you truly are a top gent..??

So on with the update... finally got round to building up my shocks with the M2C shock caps, as @Crewchief227 mentioned above my pistons also were colored the opposite way round to @Rich Duperbash build vid.. everyone make sure to read what this pistons say on them..!!

View attachment 52351View attachment 52352View attachment 52353

I noticed recently that there was a dent mark on my chassis so I've added just some 3M pads just to limit the flex of the motor..??

View attachment 52354View attachment 52355View attachment 52356

And finally onto the best upgrade part..?? Drum roll... @Mr.Duke the fan mount..!!!
The fan mount bolts up to the original bolt holes that are used to hold on the side guards, so no extra drilling required and one of the best parts of the mod in my opinion...????

View attachment 52357View attachment 52358View attachment 52359View attachment 52360

continued below...
Mitch switched the colors for the final product for some reason ?. I told him I thought that might lead to some confusion and mentioned it in a pinned comment on my video. Bottom line, I spent a ton on time testing and retesting, building shocks over and over ???. Hope you guys like the final piston size I came up with. If not, just adjust your oil weights. It's that simple ?

@Rich Duperbash ... I watched your vid many times for my rebuild and noticed the number/color change so didn't make any mistakes, but would be easy if you weren't paying attention..???

Really appreciate your testing of new parts and @Mitch for making them.. The only problem is you two are killing my wallet..???

Keep up the good work..???? Bash on..!!

So next update, more spending..??

Firstly I want to acknowledge one of our greatest members on here... @Mr.Duke ... ????

A massive thanks to you for sending me your fan mounts to try out..!! ( all the way to the sunny UK..!!? ) you truly are a top gent..??

So on with the update... finally got round to building up my shocks with the M2C shock caps, as @Crewchief227 mentioned above my pistons also were colored the opposite way round to @Rich Duperbash build vid.. everyone make sure to read what this pistons say on them..!!

View attachment 52351View attachment 52352View attachment 52353

I noticed recently that there was a dent mark on my chassis so I've added just some 3M pads just to limit the flex of the motor..??

View attachment 52354View attachment 52355View attachment 52356

And finally onto the best upgrade part..?? Drum roll... @Mr.Duke the fan mount..!!!
The fan mount bolts up to the original bolt holes that are used to hold on the side guards, so no extra drilling required and one of the best parts of the mod in my opinion...????

View attachment 52357View attachment 52358View attachment 52359View attachment 52360

continued below...
Oh man, that fan mount is BOSS! Super nice build @BashingBrian!! Been watching this thread for a while - amongst many others - for inspiration. Can’t wait to post my build, just waiting on my Ti chassis from the UK! ?

@Mr.Duke how can I get my hands on a similar mount?? I’ll be running the MAX6 4985..

New update, So I've now gone full beef..!!

M2C stand offs, M2C rear tower support...
Voltage Hobbies lower rear suspension holders...
CRCU Upper and lower suspension holders...
RPM front bumper...
Pro-Line secure loc #6070-02...

Long story short, I decided to drill the rear tower for the M2C mount while it was on the car..!! ( bad idea?? )
Decided I'd use a small drill to start as its always best to start with a smaller pilot hole, well I ended up snapping the drill off in the tower
so ended up removing the tower like I should have done in the first place..!!
It gets worse, and this one is hard to believe but I then used a punch to knock out the broken drill bit only to have the tip of the punch snap off in the hole..? you couldn't make this ? up ?
At the end of the day I managed to use another better punch to clear the hole and then use my drill press with a good drill and voila I got it finished the holes are slightly uneven but I saved the tower...? I think this pic was halfway through me trying to fix it..?

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4792.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

I posted elsewhere that my Max6 was having issues with bad cogging, so I sent it off for warranty, luckily my LHS are superb and got it all sorted for me right before xmas.. I got it back complete with XT90 plug fitted..??

IMG_4763.jpeg

Thought I'd give these a try as trying to remove body pins in the cold of winter is not fun..!! these were easy to retro fit onto the original body posts and are way easier to remove with cold hands..???

IMG_4802.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg

Below's a pic of an Arrma with no Arrma parts in the photo...???

IMG_4798.jpeg

No more waffle just some pic's of the shiny parts..???

M2C stand offs front...

IMG_4766.jpeg

M2C stand offs rear...

IMG_4768.jpeg

CRCU upper/lower suspension holders..

IMG_4785.jpeg

British beef..?

IMG_4790.jpeg

Voltage Hobbies rear lower suspension holders..

IMG_4797.jpeg

M2C rear tower brace mounts..

IMG_4800.jpeg

That's about it for now...???

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your CRCU mounts? other than that I have the rest. ??? And yeah I snapped a bit drilling my towers. But I talked to Mitch & he said that the reason he won't be putting in predrilled holes in m2c towers is because every truck sits slightly different, and you need to drill them "On the truck". Welcome to the big leagues. ?

New update, So I've now gone full beef..!!

M2C stand offs, M2C rear tower support...
Voltage Hobbies lower rear suspension holders...
CRCU Upper and lower suspension holders...
RPM front bumper...
Pro-Line secure loc #6070-02...

Long story short, I decided to drill the rear tower for the M2C mount while it was on the car..!! ( bad idea?? )
Decided I'd use a small drill to start as its always best to start with a smaller pilot hole, well I ended up snapping the drill off in the tower
so ended up removing the tower like I should have done in the first place..!!
It gets worse, and this one is hard to believe but I then used a punch to knock out the broken drill bit only to have the tip of the punch snap off in the hole..? you couldn't make this ? up ?
At the end of the day I managed to use another better punch to clear the hole and then use my drill press with a good drill and voila I got it finished the holes are slightly uneven but I saved the tower...? I think this pic was halfway through me trying to fix it..?

View attachment 60937
View attachment 60944
View attachment 60947

I posted elsewhere that my Max6 was having issues with bad cogging, so I sent it off for warranty, luckily my LHS are superb and got it all sorted for me right before xmas.. I got it back complete with XT90 plug fitted..??

View attachment 60939

Thought I'd give these a try as trying to remove body pins in the cold of winter is not fun..!! these were easy to retro fit onto the original body posts and are way easier to remove with cold hands..???

View attachment 60950
View attachment 60953

Below's a pic of an Arrma with no Arrma parts in the photo...???

View attachment 60946

No more waffle just some pic's of the shiny parts..???

M2C stand offs front...

View attachment 60954

M2C stand offs rear...

View attachment 60955

CRCU upper/lower suspension holders..

View attachment 60956

British beef..?

View attachment 60957

Voltage Hobbies rear lower suspension holders..

View attachment 60958

M2C rear tower brace mounts..

View attachment 60961

That's about it for now...???
Nicely done Brian. My Noto is almost the exact same set up. Voltage in back, CRCU up front, and M2C rear tower and supports. Only difference is mine still has the Just Bash It front tower, as its holding up very well. Question. Did you use the set screws on the Voltage mounts, the ones that hold the pins in place? I ask, because as you know, the CRCU don't use the same set up and are holding up fine. Those set screws are a pain in the arse when you have to do maintenance or just replace an arm. Nice work all around. Should be able to take a serious beating now???

Nicely done Brian. My Noto is almost the exact same set up. Voltage in back, CRCU up front, and M2C rear tower and supports. Only difference is mine still has the Just Bash It front tower, as its holding up very well. Question. Did you use the set screws on the Voltage mounts, the ones that hold the pins in place? I ask, because as you know, the CRCU don't use the same set up and are holding up fine. Those set screws are a pain in the arse when you have to do maintenance or just replace an arm. Nice work all around. Should be able to take a serious beating now???
Johnny❤

Nice work

Are they MIP?
Short answer.... No ?

Yes I used the set screws, not really sure what they will do though..?
I think, but some one can correct me if need be... That when you tighten the set screws it doesn't let the hinge pins move so the arm rotates on the pin, also I would imagine that the the pins being held in place would make them less likely to bend in a crash..? because they can't slide in on themselves, but at the same time it may cause other problems down the line.. @Notorious J ...I'll let you know when I crash..???

I'm waiting on the M2C lower mounts as @Mitchell looper has gone with a completely different design .....

Last edited:
Mmmmm, mine don't... maybe you need to have a look at your droop settings..?

Other than that I've no idea why yours don't work and mine do..

Have a look at this #1 I think it's the 6th picture down and you can see my clearance..

Mmmmm, mine don't... maybe you need to have a look at your droop settings..?

Other than that I've no idea why yours don't work and mine do..

Have a look at this #1 I think it's the 6th picture down and you can see my clearance..

I looked, and it is close sitting flat. When you fully compress the shock you and turn the axles you will see what I'm saying.
I've not damaged mine yet and I drive pretty badly..???

If it works don't fix it. :)

Must be the 6mm shaft size I have that makes the difference. I noticed this problem when I accidentally mounted my GPM shafts wrong putting the fronts on the back an the backs on the front. ?

You can also run the Team Durango diff cups in the rear to get more clearance for the front CVDs. They are just a tad smaller.

Got a part number? So that means the out drive cup is closer to the bulkhead. Forgive me but doesn't sound quite right. I'd think i'd rather run the MIP or GPM CVD shafts. Note: the MIP shafts are too short for the front if you leave the spacers in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back