Mojave BashingBrian's Mojave EXB...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure speculation, but I wonder if there is a shortage of diff oils even at an industrial level and the assemblers are trying to scrimp on amounts.

I am certain Arrma is aware and working on it, but with COVID-19 they can’t just send people to the factory to get on top of issues like this, so it may take a while. They certainly will have produced a large quantity of trucks for the holiday season and I suspect we will see improvements in QC in future batches.

It’s a good thing the EXBs have limited slip, because I can’t get much for diff oil right now over 50k. I will likely convert my Notorious to EXB diffs this spring anyway, I like the LSD effect so far.

Pure speculation, but I wonder if there is a shortage of diff oils even at an industrial level and the assemblers are trying to scrimp on amounts.

I am certain Arrma is aware and working on it, but with COVID-19 they can’t just send people to the factory to get on top of issues like this, so it may take a while. They certainly will have produced a large quantity of trucks for the holiday season and I suspect we will see improvements in QC in future batches.

It’s a good thing the EXBs have limited slip, because I can’t get much for diff oil right now over 50k. I will likely convert my Notorious to EXB diffs this spring anyway, I like the LSD effect so far.
Last time I was in Xtreme, they had plently of 125k(Losi brand) and they ship. The 1 million came from Amain and was at my door in 3 days.
16140051706958362851389647637739.jpg

Loving yer optimism there L3phturn but ah wouldn't put any money on it! Ah'm certain arrma is aware and doing the sum total of hee-haw, it's no like its affecting sales anywhere.

Loving yer optimism there L3phturn but ah wouldn't put any money on it! Ah'm certain arrma is aware and doing the sum total of hee-haw, it's no like its affecting sales anywhere.

That doesn’t line up with the interviews I’ve seen of their CEO or the actions I’ve seen them take with other issues like the EXB rear diff shims.
Last time I was in Xtreme, they had plently of 125k(Losi brand) and they ship. The 1 million came from Amain and was at my door in 3 days.View attachment 128077

Amain delivered to Canada in 3 days? They must have a Canadian warehouse. I had no idea. Thanks!

My understanding is that there is no shortage of diff oil, there is a shortage of bottles to put the oil in.🤨

That doesn’t line up with the interviews I’ve seen of their CEO or the actions I’ve seen them take with other issues like the EXB rear diff shims.

Amain delivered to Canada in 3 days? They must have a Canadian warehouse. I had no idea. Thanks!
Nope. Ordered on a Tuesday(early evening), flew from California warehouse Wednesday, cleared customs, and delivered Friday 4 hours after I sent them money to cover taxes(part of their service) by DHL.(their cheapie rate too).

Next....

M2C rear tower brace I had lying around, so decided to fit that as it really is a must for sorting the rear end out combine that with the longer bolts with added nuts on the lower tower mount.
This makes the rear end near bomb proof in my opinion 👍🏼
I fitted a couple of M4 washers to the right side of the brace mount as the spacing on the Mojave is much more one sided than the Kraton etc

IMG_9252.jpeg

You can see the nuts with longer bolts below..

IMG_9249.jpeg

The two mounts below... top is Mojave and bottom one's from a Senton.
As you can see the two are different, the Mojave one I had to cut a small piece from as to allow the M2C brace to fit correctly.
I could have just used the Senton one, but that extra beef on the Mojave one was calling me 😉
Although the parts #AR320277 (Senton) #ARA320539 (Mojave) seem to have the same picture on Arrma's site they are in fact different parts..!!

IMG_9239.jpeg

Next up are shock boots,
@Grimbles thanks for the tip about this mod although I have put my own twist on it..😉
( see @Grimbles Mojave build thread for the balloons used )
I've no idea why Arrma don't put shock boots on the Mojave shocks..!!

Materials used: nitro fuel hose, balloons
( enough balloons to do 25 shocks and cost half the price of one pair of Arrma shock boots..!! 1m of fuel hose for around $2/£1.30 )

IMG_9332.jpeg

As above remove the springs and shock ends, I use Tekno shock pliers to do this. Next cut the balloons to desired length, cut fuel tubing to around 10mm total length then cut in half 5mm/5mm..
The fuel tubing works in two ways, it holds the boot onto the shaft and it also works as a bump stop 👍🏼

IMG_9333.jpeg

Turn balloon inside out and fit one piece of the tubing like below, put the other half onto shock shaft...

IMG_9337.jpeg

Next up, slide the boot onto the shock shaft, this one was a test fitting so ignore my bad cut on the tubing..😉 try to get the balloon flush with the end of the tubing best you can..

IMG_9334.jpeg

Here are all the boots fitted in place ready for the magic to happen 😉

IMG_9338.jpeg

Basically what you do next is turn the boot inside out back on itself..
You end up with a completely sealed shock boot, no floppy bits at the bottom because the fuel tube holds it all tight on the shock shaft..!!

IMG_9340.jpeg

All four done and awaiting the shock ends and spring cups..

IMG_9341.jpeg

All back together, springs fitted waiting to go back on the truck..😉

IMG_9342.jpeg

Finally a set of M2C shock bushings, these are really great at taking all of the Arrma slop out of the top of the shocks..!!

IMG_9344.jpeg

All fitted back in place looking like a factory fit item 😉👍🏼
This mod isn't really about saving money more about what you can do with a few simple items..!! As we all know this hobby isn't always about throwing money at our trucks it can be fun thinking outside of the box to solve issues..

IMG_9346.jpeg

See you soon for more updates....

Next....

M2C rear tower brace I had lying around, so decided to fit that as it really is a must for sorting the rear end out combine that with the longer bolts with added nuts on the lower tower mount.
I fitted a couple of M4 washers to the right side of the brace mount as the spacing on the Mojave is much more one sided than the Kraton etc

View attachment 129662

View attachment 129661

As you can see the two are different, the Mojave one I had to cut a small piece from as to allow the M2C brace to fit correctly.
I could have just used the Senton one, but that extra beef on the Mojave one was calling me 😉
Although the parts #AR320277 (Senton) #ARA320539 (Mojave) seem to have the same picture on Arrma's site they are in fact different parts..!!

View attachment 129660

Next up are shock boots,
@Grimbles thanks for the tip about this mod although I have put my own twist on it..😉

( enough balloons to do 25 shocks and cost half the price of one pair of Arrma shock boots..!! 1m of fuel hose for around $2/£1.30 )

View attachment 129667

As above remove the springs and shock ends, I use Tekno shock pliers to do this. Next cut the balloons to desired length, cut fuel tubing to around 10mm total length then cut in half 5mm/5mm..
The fuel tubing works in two ways, it holds the boot onto the shaft and it also works as a bump stop 👍🏼

View attachment 129668

Turn balloon inside out and fit one piece of the tubing like below, put the other half onto shock shaft...

View attachment 129671

Next up, slide the boot onto the shock shaft, this one was a test fitting so ignore my bad cut on the tubing..😉 try to get the balloon flush with the end of the tubing best you can..

View attachment 129669

View attachment 129672

You end up with a completely sealed shock boot, no floppy bits at the bottom because the fuel tube holds it all tight on the shock shaft..!!

View attachment 129674

View attachment 129675

View attachment 129676

Finally a set of M2C shock bushings, these are really great at taking all of the Arrma slop out of the top of the shocks..!!

View attachment 129677

This mod isn't really about saving money more about what you can do with a few simple items..!! As we all know this hobby isn't always about throwing money at our trucks it can be fun thinking outside of the box to solve issues..

View attachment 129678

Really love that balloon mod. Simple. Cheap. Efficient. What's the fuel tube diameter?

Next....

View attachment 129662

View attachment 129661

View attachment 129660

Next up are shock boots,

View attachment 129667

View attachment 129668

View attachment 129671

View attachment 129669

View attachment 129672

View attachment 129674

View attachment 129675

View attachment 129676

View attachment 129677

View attachment 129678

Your a crafty genius @BashingBrian !

@BashingBrian Mate - you took it to the next level with the fuel tube :)
Especially how he reversed the balloon. Admittedly, my first thought was, "that's going to look stupid". But reversing the balloon tip at the bottom(hiding the tube), made this look like it was made for it. Even having that small "shock bumper" can only help prolong the life of the shock.

Here we go again...

I had the old Infraction AVC receiver kicking around so decided to use that, along with a Tekno 30T pinion..

IMG_9230.jpeg

5mm thick x 44mm diameter rubber O-ring on the back end of the motor, keeps the motor from slapping the chassis 👍🏼
Starting pinion 30T 😉

IMG_9231.jpeg
IMG_9232.jpeg

Changed the heatshrink on the plug ends just for 💩💩💩 n' giggles..😉

IMG_9234.jpeg

Fitted Max6 for now paired with my not so secret motor ( it isn't what you think it is 🤔😉 )

IMG_9301.jpeg

Titanium droop screws 😍

IMG_9243.jpeg
IMG_9244.jpeg
IMG_9293.jpeg

I've said it before and I'm saying it again, use a longer bolt with a nut on the lower tower mount it makes the whole thing tougher 👍🏼

IMG_9249.jpg

Can't stand the plastic looking interior so decided to spruce it up a bit 😉🤣

IMG_9289.jpeg

Last edited:
Here we go again...

I had the old Infraction AVC receiver kicking around so decided to use that, along with a Tekno 30T pinion..

View attachment 136925

5mm thick x 44mm diameter rubber O-ring on the back end of the motor, keeps the motor from slapping the chassis 👍🏼
Starting pinion 30T 😉

View attachment 136926View attachment 136927

Changed the heatshrink on the plug ends just for 💩💩💩 n' giggles..😉

View attachment 136928

Fitted Max6 for now paired with my not so secret motor ( it isn't what you think it is 🤔😉 )

View attachment 136934

Titanium droop screws 😍

View attachment 136933View attachment 136929View attachment 136932

I've said it before and I'm saying it again, use a longer bolt with a nut on the lower tower mount it makes the whole thing tougher 👍🏼

View attachment 136937

Can't stand the plastic looking interior so decided to spruce it up a bit 😉🤣

View attachment 136931View attachment 136935
Oooh your motor has a johnnie, and it's ribbed for pleasure :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back