Outcast BashingBrian's Outcast 8s...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least you won't have to paint up a body, candy red looks sweet lol.

IMG_7917.jpeg

So this time I told myself I'm not going to spend loads on upgrades..?

Thx to @Badtouch The basher for all the M2C goodies..?
Shock shafts, pistons, servo saver pin, brace mount...
I also bought the Arrma dirt guards, some shock oil ready for the re-build and an Arrma Safe-D 25T pinion..

IMG_7636 copy.jpeg

First job, I've seen people break this plastic mount and have heard that it's a pita to change so I just decided to just fit the M2C version straight away..

IMG_7812.jpeg

The fit and finish on the M2C parts is just superb, highly recommend them..???

IMG_7818.jpeg

I commend Arrma for the design of the 8s lineup, the way they are modular is awesome and the fact that only 4-5 bolts removes each of these parts.?
Just did a quick strip down to check a few things out and to solder new plugs onto the ESC, will check the diffs after a few runs...

IMG_7814.jpeg
IMG_7819.jpeg

Stunned by how big everything is in this truck, the center diff is huge..!! ?
I even needed to buy some new hex tools because I didn't have any big enough, MIP don't even make any big enough for this rig..????

IMG_7816.jpeg

25T Safe-D pinion fitted below, mesh not set yet ? all that grease was on from the factory..!!

IMG_7820.jpeg

More soon...??

Changed the IC5's for 8mm bullets, big truck needs big connectors..!!?

IMG_7844.jpeg

Some people are complaining and have had problems with the C clip removing itself..!!
People are saying that stones sit in the lower brace and catch on the clip ?
So off I went to investigate, turns out that my C clip is too small and is stretched too much...
( more QC issues with Arrma, I'll tell you about the pillow balls later ? )
Here is my stock C clip before I'd even driven the truck..
The clip should be 15mm and mine was around 13.5mm ?

IMG_7748.jpeg

New C clips installed front and rear ??

IMG_7828.jpeg

These are the clips I bought, 5 of each stainless steel and raw steel.
As you will see above I fitted the stainless ones that way they won't rust..??

IMG_8062.jpeg

I also got the optional stone guards ARA320473, they fit with one bolt and they seem quite sturdy... time will tell ?

IMG_7845.jpeg

I like the way the battery tray is adjustable in the 8s lineup, but because I run soft packs I wanted to make the floor smooth and level.
My usual trick.. Lexan only this time I used .75mm thick with 5mm foam mat too.
It will keep my batteries safe and sound I hope..??

IMG_7847.jpeg

I turned the rear brace upside down as people had stated that it helps keep the ? out, lets see how it goes..?

IMG_7913.jpeg

Shiny M2C parts installed back into truck, front brace and servo saver end support..??
Almost ready for it's maiden voyage..

IMG_7910.jpeg

Stock body is too nice to destroy so decided to drywall tape and CT1 it inside..?
What is CT1 you ask, well over here in the UK we really struggle to get Shoo Goo and it's expensive here too so I needed to find a reliable replacement..
Que... CT1 ?
https://www.ct1.com/our-products/ct1/
This stuff is incredibly strong and stays flexible, it's held my bathroom sink in place for over ten years..!! you can even apply it underwater ? and it comes in multiple colors..? ( only issue with it is, it's thicker and stickier than Shoo Goo so is quite hard to work with also it stinks..!! )

IMG_7839.jpeg
IMG_7882 copy.jpeg

New parts, inc banana muffin ??
Hub carriers and hinge pins/braces are just for spares as Jenny's had them and they're so much cheaper than buying separately.

IMG_8325 copy.jpeg

M2C chassis..?

IMG_8326.jpeg

Thought I'd do a weight comparison of the stock vs M2C..??

IMG_8385.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg

I've seen all the cool kids ? doing braiding, so thought I'd have a go on my motor wires..???

IMG_8392.jpeg

Turned the rear mount upsidedown as I know people have had issues with stones/rocks getting caught up and snagging on the c-clip, hopefully they won't find their way underneath the brace ? ( Personally, I haven't had any problems with my c-clips since upgrading them )

IMG_8400.jpeg

Next was the servo change, I had to buy the receiver box ARA320553..? I think they should sell the 1/5 box on it's own as now I have two stock size boxes that I will never use..? more wasted plastic......

IMG_8404.jpeg

OMG... this servo saver is the work of the devil..???? it's a terrible design, but it works I suppose.
To anyone that is thinking of getting this servo, be warned the hole in the center of mine was much shallower than the Spectrum one..!!
So you'll have to use a shorter bolt or space it like I did..

IMG_8407.jpeg

In the picture below you can see the spacing I used at first, but I changed my mind though afterwards and decided to cut the bolt down by 3mm as I felt it was better to shorten the bolt rather than use spacers..

IMG_8408.jpeg

Rear end back together, just awaiting the esc/servo box to be fitted.. ( that's some nice braiding there ??? )

IMG_8409.jpeg

I got caught up when buying the chassis telling myself just buy the chassis..!! well as you all know that never works so I ended up buying the pillow ball retainers, the steering rack and also the retainer tool too..???

IMG_8412.jpeg

Retainers for pillow balls, I bought these because my standard ones just kept on backing out after every run..?

IMG_8421.jpeg

All cleaned inside, ready and waiting for the retainers..?

IMG_8422.jpeg

I think these are really worth the money as they come with delrin inserts and Mitch's clever locking thread so they don't backout by themselves..??

IMG_8423.jpeg

More soon...?

New parts, inc banana muffin ??
Hub carriers and hinge pins/braces are just for spares as Jenny's had them and they're so much cheaper than buying separately.

View attachment 105474

M2C chassis..?

View attachment 105475

Thought I'd do a weight comparison of the stock vs M2C..??

View attachment 105476View attachment 105477

I've seen all the cool kids ? doing braiding, so thought I'd have a go on my motor wires..???

View attachment 105478

Turned the rear mount upsidedown as I know people have had issues with stones/rocks getting caught up and snagging on the c-clip, hopefully they won't find their way underneath the brace ? ( Personally, I haven't had any problems with my c-clips since upgrading them )

View attachment 105479

Next was the servo change, I had to buy the receiver box ARA320553..? I think they should sell the 1/5 box on it's own as now I have two stock size boxes that I will never use..? more wasted plastic......

View attachment 105480

OMG... this servo saver is the work of the devil..???? it's a terrible design, but it works I suppose.
To anyone that is thinking of getting this servo, be warned the hole in the center of mine was much shallower than the Spectrum one..!!
So you'll have to use a shorter bolt or space it like I did..

View attachment 105481

In the picture below you can see the spacing I used at first, but I changed my mind though afterwards and decided to cut the bolt down by 3mm as I felt it was better to shorten the bolt rather than use spacers..

View attachment 105482

Rear end back together, just awaiting the esc/servo box to be fitted.. ( that's some nice braiding there ??? )

View attachment 105483

I got caught up when buying the chassis telling myself just buy the chassis..!! well as you all know that never works so I ended up buying the pillow ball retainers, the steering rack and also the retainer tool too..???

View attachment 105487

Retainers for pillow balls, I bought these because my standard ones just kept on backing out after every run..?

View attachment 105488

All cleaned inside, ready and waiting for the retainers..?

View attachment 105490

I think these are really worth the money as they come with delrin inserts and Mitch's clever locking thread so they don't backout by themselves..??

View attachment 105491

More soon...?
awesome progress man! Did you get that braid idea from me ?? ????
@BashingBrian Stop teasing us with those banana muffins! ?
I know right!? Makes me want a banana muffin every time! Hahaha

I'm back with update, these were done around 2 months ago but only just posting now....

Anti-roll/sway bar kit, with a selection of bar thickness's

IMG_8060.jpeg

For now I'm running 4mm front and 5mm in the rear and it now handles like a 1/8 scale buggy 🤣

IMG_8068.jpeg

Added some droop screws after seeing @Rich Duperbash mention it in one of his vids, I used stainless steel screws as I wanted rust prevention not hardness..

IMG_8071.jpeg

Complete assembly of roll bar before fitting..

IMG_8072.jpeg

Roll bar all in place and ready to be bolted down, you can see the droop screws in the arm too..

IMG_8073.jpeg

Rear and front all fitted and good to go.. 👍🏼

IMG_8075.jpeg
IMG_8098.jpeg

As mentioned earlier the pivot ball nuts kept backing out on their own..!!😩
After a bit of research it turns out that my 8s truck had 6s o rings on the pivot nuts, as you can see by the pic below the rings on the left are 6s and on the right are the 8s size..!!
I tested a few various sizes of generic o rings as no Arrma stock was available at the time, finally got the correct size but gave up on the poor design and decided on M2C's version of the pivot nut as you can see earlier in my thread..

IMG_8150.jpeg

Few more mods to follow soon, but thought I'd tease my new body after the dog had finished checking it out...

IMG_8201.jpg

Last edited:
Onto the last part... (you know that's a lie 😉)

As before we all know that just buying one upgrade is practically impossible so here is the steering that I wasn't going to buy..😉

IMG_8415.jpeg

To be honest for the price of these parts I was a disappointed with them, once fitted they had more play in them than the Arrma originals so much so that I had to shim the steering with the shims you see below. Upgraded the bearings that came with the truck with some ABEC5's overkill again but I had them already 🤔😉🤣
Agreed the M2C part with be a lot tougher than the stock plastic part, but I wouldn't advise these parts unless your willing to have to shim your steering.!!

IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg
IMG_8419.jpeg

All fitted and ready to re-assemble the truck.
As always with M2C the machine work is really good just a shame about the play, maybe mine were a Friday batch... 😉

IMG_8420.jpeg

Finally onto the shocks, sorry but I forgot to take lots of pic's 😩
I ordered the M2C shock shafts and pistons also decided to change oil weight to slightly lighter oil as many people said lighter oil may help not to bend or break shock shafts etc..

IMG_8433.jpeg

I only went slightly lighter oil weight for now and I'll see how I go 👍🏼
It's so hard to get certain brands and weights of oil over here in the UK, so this time I've gone with TLR oil and as many of you know not all oils are measured equally 🤔

IMG_8435.jpeg

Can't even remember if this pic is rebuilt or waiting to be rebuilt..😂😂😂 anyway here is a shock, green slime at the ready 😉👍🏼

IMG_8436.jpeg

Out with the old..

IMG_8437.jpeg

And in with the new.. 👍🏼

IMG_8438.jpeg

The pistons are thicker if I remember correctly and it made me think 🤔 do I need to put the lower washer back on.? In the end I decided to put the washer back on.

So that's pretty much it so far, I'll leave you for now with a couple of shiny pics..

IMG_8530.jpg

Body treatment is a product that I've mentioned before it's called "CT1" along with drywall tape as always 👍🏼😉 (UK bashers check this stuff out it's MEGA tuff and much cheaper than shoe goo over here in the UK..!!)

IMG_8542.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpg
IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8555.jpg

Googly eyes just make everything more fun 😉🤣🤣

Enjoy, Bash On..!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back