Outcast BashingBrian's Outcast 8s...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's arrived... 😉
TpPower/Max5 combo 😎 worked out cheaper than the Castle xlx2/1100kv combo, hopefully it's just as good if not better..!!

IMG_0975.jpeg

Last edited:
So it's all in..!!😎

Starting with a 26T/47T combo and see how it goes, motor o-rings™ fitted as always 😉🤣👍🏼

IMG_1220.jpeg

Changed the top motor mount bolts to 3mm capheads for a better bite and less stripped bolt heads, tried to do the lower one too but there isn't enough clearance between the chassis and the mount, so I've left the lower one stock...

IMG_1224.jpeg

All back together ready to go and give it a bashing.

IMG_1238.jpeg

I'm out and ready to go.!! ( note to self, put air in NSF car tyre..!!😉🤣 )

IMG_1247.jpeg

Top speed 44mph ( slower than stock ) 👎🏼😩🤬🤣😉

IMG_1253.PNG

And just for 💩💩💩's and giggles 0-40mph drag run..

IMG_1252.PNG

It may be slow, but it's terrifying as it comes hurtling towards you with its bum squatting and its nose in the air..!!😉

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 14.50.06.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 14.52.38.jpeg

Last edited:
So it's all in..!!😎

Starting with a 26T/47T combo and see how it goes, motor o-rings™ fitted as always 😉🤣👍🏼

View attachment 164067

Changed the top motor mount bolts to 3mm capheads for a better bite and less stripped bolt heads, tried to do the lower one too but there isn't enough clearance between the chassis and the mount, so I've left the lower one stock...

View attachment 164068

View attachment 164069

View attachment 164070

View attachment 164072

View attachment 164071

It may be slow, but it's terrifying as it come hurtling towards you with its bum squatting and its nose in the air..!!😉

View attachment 164076View attachment 164077
Awesome brother! Love that body… might have to adjust some gearing on that one haha. Maybe slip the other spur in there 😬

So it's all in..!!😎

View attachment 164067

View attachment 164068

View attachment 164069

View attachment 164070

View attachment 164072

View attachment 164071

It may be slow, but it's terrifying as it come hurtling towards you with its bum squatting and its nose in the air..!!😉

View attachment 164076View attachment 164077
On the 0-40 hit did you have to pedal it in the middle?

It started so well...

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 09.07.29.jpeg
IMG_1326.jpeg

Expensive morning 🤣

Will be going to 30/47T when I put it all back together, but need new shock shaft (M2C) doesn't look like any in the UK 😩 so may have to go back to stock..
Checked M2C USA and they want double the price of the shafts just for shipping..!!

Final breakdown of the damage from the last outing, broke an arm, shock cap, shock shaft and a GoPro 8 😩😉 oh and knocked the body around some more..!!
The most surprising thing is I didn't bend the driveshaft..!!

IMG_1328.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1337.jpeg
IMG_1344.jpeg

Quick outing today, decided to punch my mates Kraton in the face 🤣🤣🤣 Outcast 1 vs Kraton 0

IMG_1413.jpeg

I have been testing gearing for the past weeks trying to decide what to run this rig on, currently on 30/47T
You can see my progress here... https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/gearing-and-or-speed-issue-🤔.42830/

Last edited:
Can't believe it's been two years since my last post..!!!

With all the recent hype over the new 8s EXB RTR's, I thought I'd take out the O8s this weekend 😎
It ran fine, but halfway through the run I noticed it was running excessive rear camber on the lefthand side.!!
Everything was working fine so I kept running it till the end of the batteries then went home..

IMG_8372.jpeg

IMG_8374.jpeg

Once I got home I decided to take a look at it and try to figure out what was causing the extra rear camber..
Well, at some point during todays run it must have taken a hard landing on the rear left, punching the camber link into the ball end, what's strange though is the ball end isn't broken nor is the thread damaged as I was able to just unscrew the ball end and re-assemble everything..👍🏼

IMG_8379.jpg

On closer inspection though it seems I also bent the left front driveshaft, this truck bends driveshafts practically everytime I take it out, so I have spares that I just swap out then fix later 🤣 quite handy that it uses the same shafts front and rear..!!😎

Till next time......

Which TP motor is that? 5660? How have you found it with the Max5, happy with the pairing?
Yes it's a 5660 8D 1054KV, it's a complete beast and works really well with the Max5..👍🏼

Took me a while to get the gearing how I like it, finally settled on 32/39 if I remember correctly.
I need to update this thread with some stuff I've done in the last two years..!!

Can't believe it's been two years since my last post..!!!

With all the recent hype over the new 8s EXB RTR's, I thought I'd take out the O8s this weekend 😎
It ran fine, but halfway through the run I noticed it was running excessive rear camber on the lefthand side.!!
Everything was working fine so I kept running it till the end of the batteries then went home..

View attachment 316918
View attachment 316921

Once I got home I decided to take a look at it and try to figure out what was causing the extra rear camber..
Well, at some point during todays run it must have taken a hard landing on the rear left, punching the camber link into the ball end, what's strange though is the ball end isn't broken nor is the thread damaged as I was able to just unscrew the ball end and re-assemble everything..👍🏼

View attachment 316919

On closer inspection though it seems I also bent the left front driveshaft, this truck bends driveshafts practically everytime I take it out, so I have spares that I just swap out then fix later 🤣 quite handy that it uses the same shafts front and rear..!!😎

Till next time......

In my experience I’d say you need to upgrade to EXB links. Mine did the same thing, reassembled and it did it again. Reassembled with tape on the threads, did it again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back