Outcast BashingBrian's Outcast EXBB 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guy's, maybe I'll have to build another sooner than I'd planned 😉

That is one hell of a build I also really like that body colour you chose it just tied everything together. I’ve been thinking to build my own Outcast as well I’ve got a bunch of parts to do so besides a chassis so some much needed inspiration.

This is mind blowing! I thought I’d done some work to mine, but this is next level and some. Very impressed 🙌🏻👍🏻

I have a real soft spot for the notorious/outcast; it’s my most used Rc. This has given me some food for thought, and opened my eyes to what’s possible with some effort (and a load of dosh 😅).

Looking forward to seeing what else you and the other members have been up to…

Small update to the Outcast...
Someone on here mentioned that the Fireteam springs are stiffer than Kraton/Outcast springs, so I thought I'd give them a go.!!
Also while I was at it I swapped out the standard Arrma sway bar ends to metal Team Corally ones, they're a direct fit into the Arrma drop links (y)

Haven't run it yet since the spring swap, but doing the drop test it feels much better, I'll let you all know how it goes..!!:cool:
( they look better too being black, gotta keep that theme going :ROFLMAO:;) )

IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG_3588.jpeg
IMG_3591.jpeg

Small update to the Outcast...
Someone on here mentioned that the Fireteam springs are stiffer than Kraton/Outcast springs, so I thought I'd give them a go.!!
Also while I was at it I swapped out the standard Arrma sway bar ends to metal Team Corally ones, they're a direct fit into the Arrma drop links (y)

Haven't run it yet since the spring swap, but doing the drop test it feels much better, I'll let you all know how it goes..!!:cool:
( they look better too being black, gotta keep that theme going :ROFLMAO:;) )

View attachment 223354View attachment 223355View attachment 223356
Ah salute yer attention to detail sir!
Or like the rest of us, yer just a tart! 😁

Another quick update,
Truck is running well except I've stripped the thread from the diff housing and one rear shock is leaking ( bladder had slid inside the body ) :( so I experimented the other week with a spare housing.

First I had to strip down the rear end, after that then drill out the housing mount holes to 4.1mm as you see below..

IMG_5425.jpeg

Then fit threaded inserts, these are threaded into the housing not the push in type ( forgot to take pic, will update later )
Double nut a spare bolt then fit on the insert finally screw it into the housing..(y)

IMG_5428.jpeg

As you can see the inserts fit flush with the housing, now just to put everything back together, I added a very small amount of thread lock to the bolts that go into the inserts that hold the wing mount on..!!

IMG_5429.jpeg

Rebuilt the shocks with fresh 1000cst and all seems well :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back