Talion BashingBrian's Talion EXBB..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh...

F47510CD-DD60-4628-95DA-468B0FC753D6.gif

i look forward to this brian , heres my exb kraton to talion exb , normal talion chassis but the rest is exb , are you going for the exb talion chassis ?
IMG_1338.JPG

Enough polishing for now 😉🤣 time to start grinding and reshaping the brand new M2C chassis so that the EXB rear arms fit correctly, the front is a tight fit but not rubbing...
As you can see by the black mark on the right, this is the start point and how much material needs to be removed.
The left hand side is complete, not bad considering I only use hand tools, almost factory finish 😉🤣

IMG_9570.jpeg

Both sides complete, the left definitely looks better..

IMG_9571.jpeg

I'm using the M2C speed chassis and after all that shaping I then found another issue once I'd assembled the diff housings..!!
Because the chassis is thinner than his normal chassis it looks like the pocket isn't machined quite deep enough to accommodate the EXB diffs (the EXB's diffs are slightly bigger)
The ring gear rubbed on the chassis so I took to it with a mini grinder, it was only a slight amount but enough that it couldn't be left as is.
Before...

IMG_9588.jpeg

After....

IMG_9594.jpeg

I wanted to keep the Talion totally the same as the original, so I needed to make a new rear sway bar.
Talion runs 2.4mm front and 2.7mm rear with a wider rear bar, the EXB runs two narrow sway bars. so I just got a second 2.7mm wide bar and cut it down to length so it would fit EXB arms..👍🏼

IMG_9603.jpeg

Everything test fitted, all in place and moving freely..👍🏼😎
I had originally bought some M2C shock stand offs, but when I went to fit them to the M2C towers it turns out his stand offs are 4mm bolt and the towers are only drilled with 3mm holes..!! No problem as I wanted to try the EXB versions so fitted those instead..

IMG_9597.jpeg
IMG_9598.jpeg

Got somewhat carried away with the polishing on some of the parts..😎🤣

IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9606 copy.jpeg
IMG_9612.jpeg
IMG_9618.jpeg
IMG_9620.jpeg

Ready for some scorched carbon parts..!!
Had to drill out the top plate to 4mm as it only comes drilled at 3mm..
Changed quite a few bolts all over the truck to cap heads where I could, I hate button heads 🤬 the bonus with cap heads is they use 2.5mm hex which is much better as they are far less likely to get stripped out.!!

IMG_9615.jpeg

For the suspension pin blocks I'm using Voltage RR RF with a CRCU FR and the EXB front upper, I've kept the original EXB FF so I can use the EXB bumper but to be honest I think it's a terrible design and I just hope M2C or CRCU etc make that front lower EXB block.
I had to make a slight mod to mine also so as to fit cap bolts and washers because the stock counter sunk bolts just pulled through the plastic..!!😩

IMG_9502.jpeg

Fitted the Ackerman with bearings this time, cant see it lasting long... But hey, my steering is sooooooo smooth 😉

IMG_9568.jpeg

I have done all my normal mods too, nuts on the lower tower mounts, titanium droop screws, battery tray mod (THX @Jimbobjr 😍)
More soon 👍🏼

Last edited:
Wow that was soon..!!

Custom made center brace, 9mm roll wrapped carbon tubing with threaded inserts JB Welded inside, super lightweight 😎

IMG_9614 copy.jpeg

Scorched steering tabs, held in place with 2.5mm capheads.. Shielded bearings all round 👍🏼

IMG_9616.jpeg

EXB upper mount with Scorched top plate...

IMG_9617.jpeg

Fitted rear CVD driveshafts..

IMG_9621.jpeg

ABEC5 bearings in the steering..!! Total overkill but I've got loads of them..😉🤣🤣 Smoothest steering EVER..!!
You can see the lower tower nuts on the back (best mod ever)

IMG_9611.jpeg

All assembled and ready to go... Note, I drilled the M2C braces so I could fit them with nuts and bolts, that way if I'm unfortunate enough to snap a bolt I can just replace the bolt I don't scrap the whole brace..👍🏼

IMG_9624.jpeg

So that's it for now..👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back