Talion BashingBrian's Talion EXBB..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with thanks to @SamTheExplorer for informing us that this part exists, I received the front hinge block from ScorchedRC 😁
I think the original Arrma part is a real weak point in their new basher bumper that comes on the EXB, hopefully this part will make it the best bumper setup you can use..!!

Below you can see the original part and the ScorchedRC part..

IMG_0267.jpeg
IMG_0268.jpeg
IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_0273.jpeg

So, we're finally here at the electronics and I chose for this build 🤪........ the MMX8/1717 combo..!!
( if it turns out too heavy I'll use a HW Max8 combo or stock BLX system that I've got lying around )
Went with a 22T pinion as it worked fine with my Kraton and the Talion has slightly smaller wheels.
As always thanks @Mr.Duke for the dual fan mount 👍🏼😉😍

IMG_9718.jpeg
IMG_9719.jpeg
IMG_9823.jpeg

Thought I'd try out the B-link as I've seen it on a few builds here on the forum..

IMG_0278.jpeg

Below you can see where I had to notch the rear wing so it would clear the M2C tower..

IMG_9817.jpeg

Had some leftover kydex from another build so decided to make some dirt guards..

IMG_9947.jpeg
IMG_0275.jpeg

Nearly the end 😉

So with thanks to @SamTheExplorer for informing us that this part exists, I received the front hinge block from ScorchedRC 😁
I think the original Arrma part is a real weak point in their new basher bumper that comes on the EXB, hopefully this part will make it the best bumper setup you can use..!!

Below you can see the original part and the ScorchedRC part..

View attachment 146293View attachment 146294View attachment 146295View attachment 146296View attachment 146297

So, we're finally here at the electronics and I chose for this build 🤪........ the MMX8/1717 combo..!!
( if it turns out too heavy I'll use a HW Max8 combo or stock BLX system that I've got lying around )
Went with a 22T pinion as it worked fine with my Kraton and the Talion has slightly smaller wheels.
As always thanks @Mr.Duke for the dual fan mount 👍🏼😉😍

View attachment 146299View attachment 146300View attachment 146302

Thought I'd try out the B-link as I've seen it on a few builds here on the forum..

View attachment 146298

Below you can see where I had to notch the rear wing so it would clear the M2C tower..

View attachment 146301

Had some leftover kydex from another build so decided to make some dirt guards..

View attachment 146303View attachment 146305

Nearly the end 😉
Hi mate, would that bumper attachment fit the moj?

Will shred for sure, you going for standard body? Ti driveshafts? 😉 looking closer at the chassis it really is a work of art and the weight saving is no joke.

Will shred for sure, you going for standard body? Ti driveshafts? 😉 looking closer at the chassis it really is a work of art and the weight saving is no joke.
Yep, stock body but custom color 😉🤣 as for drive shafts that'll be the next part to explain..!! ( I've got a bit out of sync here 🤪🤣)

We're at the end for now...

So it was all put together and I was at the stage of just testing electronics, final checks and that everything was all tight and in place.
Only then did I notice that the front center drive shaft was bound tight in-between the center and front diff..!! to be honest I'm not sure how I didn't notice it earlier 😩 but needless to say it couldn't be driven and I needed to figure out what was going on 🤔

The most confusing thing to me was that the Kraton and Talion use the same drive shafts but they are flipped front to back so I assumed they would fit..!!
Well they don't, the front is too long and I believe the reason is that the EXB diff cups aren't as deep therefore shortening the gap between the diffs, so I went looking for a shorter shaft.

I found it hard to find the correct length shaft, I looked evreywhere, Mugen, Losi, Tekno, etc I even had a chat with Scorched about his driveshafts all with no avail..😩 Then I stumbled across my saviour, my very own Team Corally Kronos XTR..!! the rear dog bone was the perfect length to fit the front of the Talion, I was in the process of getting rear cvd's for the XTR so problem solved, use the Corally dogbone 😉👍🏼

Test fitted everything again and all is good, there is end to end play in the shaft just like a stock Talion 😎 So I believe this is one reason why we haven't seen an official Talion EXB so far..🤔

Here you can see the length difference between the shafts, Arrma at the top, Corally bottom..!!

IMG_0266.jpeg

Talion shaft..

C7421497-7A6E-4F98-854D-B90194ABC57A_1_105_c.jpg

Kronos dogbone....

91F82D8B-FBC8-464C-9797-6AB68FCBFD9E_1_105_c.jpg

Corally part # C-00180-367

IMG_0265.jpeg

Finally all together once again..!!

IMG_0279.jpeg

And last but not least the body and my shocking disaster of a paint job..😉
Basically I wanted to make a metallic copper body using Tamiya PS-14 copper and PS-36 translucent silver, but me being me I put too much PS-36 on at the beginning ( too many coats ) and it all went opaque, the copper didn't show through the PS-36 properly 😩 but some how what I ended up with is a flip paint that changes color from sort of silver'ish to copper..🤣🤣🤣 in the sunlight it looks quite good, but in all honesty it was an epic fail on what I was trying to do..!! Added a small detail to the wheels to keep the silver theme going too 👍🏼

Here we go then........😎

IMG_9974.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9991.jpeg
IMG_9998.jpeg
IMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

Well I hope you all enjoyed this one..!! It was a fun, time consuming build that I hope will be a beast of a basher 😎

We're at the end for now...

So it was all put together and I was at the stage of just testing electronics, final checks and that everything was all tight and in place.
Only then did I notice that the front center drive shaft was bound tight in-between the center and front diff..!! to be honest I'm not sure how I didn't notice it earlier 😩 but needless to say it couldn't be driven and I needed to figure out what was going on 🤔

The most confusing thing to me was that the Kraton and Talion use the same drive shafts but they are flipped front to back so I assumed they would fit..!!
Well they don't, the front is too long and I believe the reason is that the EXB diff cups aren't as deep therefore shortening the gap between the diffs, so I went looking for a shorter shaft.

I found it hard to find the correct length shaft, I looked evreywhere, Mugen, Losi, Tekno, etc I even had a chat with Scorched about his driveshafts all with no avail..😩 Then I stumbled across my saviour, my very own Team Corally Kronos XTR..!! the rear dog bone was the perfect length to fit the front of the Talion, I was in the process of getting rear cvd's for the XTR so problem solved, use the Corally dogbone 😉👍🏼

Test fitted everything again and all is good, there is end to end play in the shaft just like a stock Talion 😎 So I believe this is one reason why we haven't seen an official Talion EXB so far..🤔

Here you can see the length difference between the shafts, Arrma at the top, Corally bottom..!!

View attachment 147637

Talion shaft..

View attachment 147640

Kronos dogbone....

View attachment 147639

Corally part # C-00180-367

View attachment 147644

Finally all together once again..!!

View attachment 147638

And last but not least the body and my shocking disaster of a paint job..😉
Basically I wanted to make a metallic copper body using Tamiya PS-14 copper and PS-36 translucent silver, but me being me I put too much PS-36 on at the beginning ( too many coats ) and it all went opaque, the copper didn't show through the PS-36 properly 😩 but some how what I ended up with is a flip paint that changes color from sort of silver'ish to copper..🤣🤣🤣 in the sunlight it looks quite good, but in all honesty it was an epic fail on what I was trying to do..!! Added a small detail to the wheels to keep the silver theme going too 👍🏼

Here we go then........😎

View attachment 147632
View attachment 147642View attachment 147634View attachment 147633View attachment 147635View attachment 147641View attachment 147643

Well I hope you all enjoyed this one..!! It was a fun, time consuming build that I hope will be a beast of a basher 😎
I love it @BashingBrian, it turned out fantastic. Thank you for the tip on the Corally drive shaft!

Now that you figured it out, arrma can finally release the talion EXB... with their revised drive shaft length! 😂

Really top notch build. Even though the paint is not what you want (I really like it) it is a great job and unique color. Did you happen to weigh it? Just curious to know what it ended up being.

Really top notch build. Even though the paint is not what you want (I really like it) it is a great job and unique color. Did you happen to weigh it? Just curious to know what it ended up being.
I actually really like the color too. And the thing he did with the wheels to make it blend 👌🏻.. Brian always being too hard on himself haha. It looks great!

Could you just pull out the rubber inserts on the drive cups? Or are those only in the F/R output cups?

Love it, the colour really suits the talion, great tip on the driveshafts. Also curious about the weight. 🤔👍
As for the weight, I promise in the next few days I'll post it up here..👍🏼

Could you just pull out the rubber inserts on the drive cups? Or are those only in the F/R output cups?
Those rubber inserts are only on the front and rear diffs..

Hey Brian I have an off the wall question, would the front hinge block fit on the rear of the k6s? I only ask for a small project to put a trailer hitch on the back of a k6s and the front hinge block has extra screw holes I think may work.

ps: sry if I’m asking in the wrong place, I’m kinda new to the forum

Hey Brian I have an off the wall question, would the front hinge block fit on the rear of the k6s? I only ask for a small project to put a trailer hitch on the back of a k6s and the front hinge block has extra screw holes I think may work.

ps: sry if I’m asking in the wrong place, I’m kinda new to the forum
To be honest I've no idea if it would fit..🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back