Typhon BashingBrian's Typhon transformation... Version 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I never updated my Typhon / Mojavefied thread by telling you all what happened to the original Typhon..!!

This is what the Typhon transformed into, just for those of you that hadn't seen it 👍🏼 https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-typhon-transformation.17157/

One of the best aspects of the 6s Arrma line up is the fact that with a few parts you can transform one car into another and back again..
The original Typhon stayed stock for quite a while other than the radio which I junked instantly ( STX2 ) I then hooked it up to my DX5c, next it had Senton towers fitted and a body and wheel swap, fitted a larger pinion that turned it into a very fast road/carpark basher, after that it was then turned back into a buggy again with the later model wider hexes fitted and it then sat alone and sad for most of this year..!!

IMG_4871 copy.jpeg

Next... carpark basher 😉

IMG_5840.jpg
IMG_7406.jpg

Then, back to buggy life.... (new body and paint)

IMG_7557.jpg
IMG_7575.jpg

I must admit it's my least used Arrma but it's one of the most fun because of its toughness..!!
And now we're here 🤔
One day whilst looking through Ebay as you do, I found a cheap brand new V5 chassis and it all began again 🤣🤣🤣
Here it is, as of one week ago..!!

IMG_0168.jpeg

And here are the parts incoming 😉🤣
I already had the M2C braces, GKA servo mount and the CRCU steering top block..

IMG_0113.jpeg

What's it going to be this time your all wondering..🤔

Aaaannnnnd we're off.... 😉

Limitless towers drilled for M2C standoffs, 4x Typhon axles with Kraton cvd's, Kraton hub carriers with V5 shielded bearings and Kraton hexes.

IMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg

M2C braces, GKA servo mount, RW Racing diff mount (finally found a car to use it on without it binding..!!) all fitted..!!

IMG_0178.jpeg

ScorchedRC titanium rear skidplate, let the sparks commence 😉🤣

IMG_0180.jpeg

Tekno rear camber links, the same ones as I use on my Limitless.

IMG_0181.jpeg

M2C droop screws in Typhon arms..

IMG_0182.jpeg

I decided to have a go at converting the shocks to emulsion style for some crazy reason 🤪🤪🤪
Used the original bladders and cut them into a seal for the shock caps..

IMG_0246.jpeg

Shocks ready for their rebuild, I'll be using the stock 2000cst oil front and rear.

IMG_0249.jpeg

Removed the bolt from the shock cap and drilled the hole out with a 0.5mm drill, and there you have it emulsion style 😁

IMG_0250.jpeg

This shock conversion is all just an experiment to see if it would work, I believe the old Team Durango's used an emulsion style shock and these shock caps on the Arrma's are the same caps..!! 🤔 ( feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )
I also decided to change the pistons from 1.2mm to 1.3mm front and rear, as this build isn't as heavy as the Infraction/Felony/Limitless. 🤔

IMG_0251.jpeg

Making another lightweight carbon fibre center brace. Roll wrapped carbon tube ( 8mm internal ), 8mm brass threaded inserts bonded in with JB Weld.
I've made 3 of these so far and they are extremely light and very strong 😉

IMG_0248.jpeg

Stay tuned for more soon..!! 😉

Last edited:
Next up in no particular order 😉🤣

GKA servo mount with stock servo, it will only be using road tyres from now on so will be fine I think....
Decided on a 46T spur with the Arrma alloy center cup with 1Million cst oil.

IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_0188.jpeg

V5 battery tray, M2C standoffs, EXB top plate, CRCU rear top hinge pin holder, Scorched ackerman inc steering ends, Tekno rear camber links and Spektrum SR315 rx..
Didn't have any spare shock top protectors so just made some spacer washers to hold the shocks in place, this car has practically no slop anywhere..!!
( so it will probably handle like 💩 🤣🤣 )
You can just about see the two extra nuts in the lower back of the chassis that hold the Scorched skid plate, also of note I always drill out the threads from the M2C braces, then if a bolt breaks it doesn't take the brace with it you just replace the bolt..!!👍🏼

IMG_0190.jpeg

Had to fab up a front bracket so I could fit the body real low 😉 used 20mm x 20mm x 1.5mm angle alluminium along with a spare Infraction body mount, may still yet change this to something that can be lower..

IMG_0253.jpeg

Don't really need this but I've got spares left over since building the Infraction, so decided to make another 6s capable cap pack..!!
( sorry, can't give you the specs though because all us cap pack makers keep the specs top secret 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣 )

IMG_0198.jpeg

And here's the no expense spared high end ESC I'm using..!!🤣🤣 here's the finished ESC and cap pack all soldered up with XT150's and 6.5mm bullets ready to fit in the car..!!

IMG_0204 copy.jpeg

I don't like the low side guards that come with the Typhon and I didn't want full height Notorious/Outcast style so decided to trim some tall ones into my own BB style, I think they look pretty good and offer full protection up front..👍🏼

IMG_0245 copy.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg

I had to wait for the brace to cure for 24hrs and in the mean time I ordered the brace mounting plate for the front from my trusty Arrma breaker..!!
2 days later and here it all is fitted in place 👍🏼

IMG_0284.jpeg

Test fitting CNHL battery in the tray, it's such a tight fit..!! it's upside down because the cables from the ESC are a bit short and don't reach the battery 😩
Got my last pair of old Hoons on it at the moment that I'm going to smoke to death next weekend all in the name of science 😉 !!

IMG_0282.jpeg

All that is left to do now is some tidying up here and there, then prepare and paint the body and as you know me by now this is the slowest part because the weather always sucks here..!! ( p.s it's raining here 😩 )

See you soon..👍🏼

Love those trimmed side guards, center brace and aluminum body mount. The blx is really a decent system for its weight. I’ve seen a couple guys on YouTube get into the 90’s with it. I still am running 3 of them, but all dirt bashers.

GKA servo mount with stock servo, it will only be using road tyres from now on so will be fine I think....

View attachment 147583View attachment 147584

V5 battery tray, M2C standoffs, EXB top plate, CRCU rear top hinge pin holder, Scorched ackerman inc steering ends, Tekno rear camber links and Spektrum SR315 rx..
Didn't have any spare shock top protectors so just made some spacer washers to hold the shocks in place, this car has practically no slop anywhere..!!
You can just about see the two extra nuts in the lower back of the chassis that hold the Scorched skid plate, also of note I always drill out the threads from the M2C braces, then if a bolt breaks it doesn't take the brace with it you just replace the bolt..!!👍🏼

View attachment 147585

Had to fab up a front bracket so I could fit the body real low 😉 used 20mm x 20mm x 1.5mm angle alluminium along with a spare Infraction body mount, may still yet change this to something that can be lower..

View attachment 147589

Don't really need this but I've got spares left over since building the Infraction, so decided to make another 6s capable cap pack..!!
( sorry, can't give you the specs though because all us cap pack makers keep the specs top secret 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣 )

View attachment 147586

And here's the no expense spared high end ESC I'm using..!!🤣🤣 here's the finished ESC and cap pack all soldered up with XT150's and 6.5mm bullets ready to fit in the car..!!

View attachment 147587

I don't like the low side guards that come with the Typhon and I didn't want full height Notorious/Outcast style so decided to trim some tall ones into my own BB style, I think they look pretty good and offer full protection up front..👍🏼

View attachment 147588View attachment 147590View attachment 147591

I had to wait for the brace to cure for 24hrs and in the mean time I ordered the brace mounting plate for the front from my trusty Arrma breaker..!!

View attachment 147593

Test fitting CNHL battery in the tray, it's such a tight fit..!! it's upside down because the cables from the ESC are a bit short and don't reach the battery 😩
Got my last pair of old Hoons on it at the moment that I'm going to smoke to death next weekend all in the name of science 😉 !!
View attachment 147592p

All that is left to do now is some tidying up here and there, then prepare and paint the body and as you know me by now this is the slowest part because the weather always sucks here..!! ( p.s it's raining here 😩 )

See you soon..👍🏼
Do you sell cap pack also ?

Do you sell cap pack also ?
Sorry no..😩

Thanks for all the kind words everyone 😁🤘🏼

It's going to be my goto carpark basher, it's currently geared to about 75mph at the moment..
I think I may have a go at turning it into a 132ft drag car..!! ( I'm already eyeing up a Mamba XLX2 and TpPower motor 😉🤣 )

Last edited:
Final setup and prep.. (just need to attach the rear wing blank mount)

IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0387.jpeg

It's finally sunny in the UK 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞..!!!!!
1st body is finished, this one's for drag runs..!! Custom made a rear wing out of 1.5mm thick Lexan, pro street style 😉
I am the worst picture taker EVER, it's so hard to get the sparkle to show up..!! you'll just have to trust me it's there I promise 🤣🤣😎

IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg
IMG_0443.jpeg
IMG_0449.jpeg
IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg

@WoodiE ... I've just used my very last ArrmaForum sticker..!!! 🤔😩

Bashing body coming soon 😉 just test fitting it and trying to decide if it needs to go forward or backwards..!!🤣🤔

IMG_0394.jpeg

It's drag run time now..!! (well actually that's a lie, because I need to go back to work first 😩😩🤣)

I never updated my Typhon / Mojavefied thread by telling you all what happened to the original Typhon..!!

This is what the Typhon transformed into, just for those of you that hadn't seen it 👍🏼 https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-typhon-transformation.17157/

One of the best aspects of the 6s Arrma line up is the fact that with a few parts you can transform one car into another and back again..
The original Typhon stayed stock for quite a while other than the radio which I junked instantly ( STX2 ) I then hooked it up to my DX5c, next it had Senton towers fitted and a body and wheel swap, fitted a larger pinion that turned it into a very fast road/carpark basher, after that it was then turned back into a buggy again with the later model wider hexes fitted and it then sat alone and sad for most of this year..!!

View attachment 146315

Next... carpark basher 😉

View attachment 146316View attachment 146317

Then, back to buggy life.... (new body and paint)

View attachment 146318View attachment 146319

I must admit it's my least used Arrma but it's one of the most fun because of its toughness..!!
And now we're here 🤔
One day whilst looking through Ebay as you do, I found a cheap brand new V5 chassis and it all began again 🤣🤣🤣
Here it is, as of one week ago..!!

View attachment 146320

And here are the parts incoming 😉🤣
I already had the M2C braces, GKA servo mount and the CRCU steering top block..

View attachment 146321

What's it going to be this time your all wondering..🤔
🤔 short shox?
🤔 short shox?
Could it be…a road monster??? 👹
🤔 short shox?

Could it be…a road monster??? 👹
Road monster (as I follow your post from beginning to end) that is freakin cool! Love the versatility

View attachment 147583View attachment 147584

View attachment 147585

View attachment 147589

View attachment 147586

View attachment 147587

View attachment 147588View attachment 147590View attachment 147591

View attachment 147593

View attachment 147592

See you soon..👍🏼
I was curious what part # you bought for the brace mounting plate? Cause I was going to try to add a center brace thingy to my new typhon also. And love the way you made one 👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back