Typhon BashingBrian's Typhon transformation... Version 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was curious what part # you bought for the brace mounting plate? Cause I was going to try to add a center brace thingy to my new typhon also. And love the way you made one 👍🏻
@Alan

I got the brace ends and mount from a breaker, but here is the part number for the brace mount ARA320500 👍🏼
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320500

Aaaannnnnd we're off.... 😉

Limitless towers drilled for M2C standoffs, 4x Typhon axles with Kraton cvd's, Kraton hub carriers with V5 shielded bearings and Kraton hexes.

View attachment 146553View attachment 146554

M2C braces, GKA servo mount, RW Racing diff mount (finally found a car to use it on without it binding..!!) all fitted..!!

View attachment 146555

ScorchedRC titanium rear skidplate, let the sparks commence 😉🤣

View attachment 146556

Tekno rear camber links, the same ones as I use on my Limitless.

View attachment 146557

M2C droop screws in Typhon arms..

View attachment 146558

I decided to have a go at converting the shocks to emulsion style for some crazy reason 🤪🤪🤪
Used the original bladders and cut them into a seal for the shock caps..

View attachment 146560

Shocks ready for their rebuild, I'll be using the stock 2000cst oil front and rear.

View attachment 146562

Removed the bolt from the shock cap and drilled the hole out with a 0.5mm drill, and there you have it emulsion style 😁

View attachment 146563

This shock conversion is all just an experiment to see if it would work, I believe the old Team Durango's used an emulsion style shock and these shock caps on the Arrma's are the same caps..!! 🤔 ( feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )
I also decided to change the pistons from 1.2mm to 1.3mm front and rear, as this build isn't as heavy as the Infraction/Felony/Limitless. 🤔

View attachment 146564

Making another lightweight carbon fibre center brace. Roll wrapped carbon tube ( 8mm internal ), 8mm brass threaded inserts bonded in with JB Weld.
I've made 3 of these so far and they are extremely light and very strong 😉

View attachment 146561

Stay tuned for more soon..!! 😉
Hey bashingbrian I was wondering if you might tell me what you use for end links on your braces? Just the Arrma stock links, or something different? and do you use 10x8mm or 12x8mm tube (od x id)?

Hey bashingbrian I was wondering if you might tell me what you use for end links on your braces? Just the Arrma stock links, or something different? and do you use 10x8mm or 12x8mm tube (od x id)?
I just use the stock Arrma ends, the last one I made was 10x8 roll wrapped carbon tube.
Make sure whatever carbon you use, the lay up needs to be roll wrapped..!!

So I have been having a go at this drag run thing 😉 currently was running a center diff with 1m cst but the car is still unloading the power unevenly so decided to try a spool in the center.
Needed some spacers as the spur I have is slightly more offset than the Arrma ones, I was going to file the red Arrma spacers down to size but changed my mind when I realised I still had some 8mm carbon fibre tube left over from the center braces I made earlier 👍🏼
Still running ABEC5 bearings, I haven't gone the ceramic high speed route quite yet 😉🤣

IMG_0689.jpeg

Silicone o-rings to take out some of the lateral end float in the drive shafts..

IMG_0694.jpeg

All test fitted into place 👍🏼
Had to order a new pinion ( thought I had the size needed already 😩 ) will try to get out this weekend.

IMG_0691.jpeg

Body all painted and decals arrived, so new body unveil next time 😎🤟🏼

So I have been having a go at this drag run thing 😉 currently was running a center diff with 1m cst but the car is still unloading the power unevenly so decided to try a spool in the center.
Needed some spacers as the spur I have is slightly more offset than the Arrma ones, I was going to file the red Arrma spacers down to size but changed my mind when I realised I still had some 8mm carbon fibre tube left over from the center braces I made earlier 👍🏼
Still running ABEC5 bearings, I haven't gone the ceramic high speed route quite yet 😉🤣

View attachment 155022

Silicone o-rings to take out some of the lateral end float in the drive shafts..

View attachment 155024

Had to order a new pinion ( thought I had the size needed already 😩 ) will try to get out this weekend.

View attachment 155023

Looks good! I recently made a spool for my Infraction. A lot cheaper to make them yourself! 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 155022

View attachment 155024

View attachment 155023

Body reveal is my favorite part 😍

that spur looks nice. 👀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back