Typhon Basic Questions before the first Typhon run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince32837

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I grabbed a new Typhon V3 black Fri special last week. (Hobbytown $370)
4S Batteries and charger coming on Monday.

Just some baby basic questions, that I did not see answered in other posts...don't want get burned right out the gate.

Q1) These LiPo battery packs seem powerful, delicate, and expensive..I want keep them healthy for some time! Once I charge them up, how long do I run the car? in the NiCd and Nimh days, you ran the car until it died!
Basically whats the rule of thumb? run a typhon until down to 3.5-3.7 volts? do you need a voltage alarm? or run the car til half speed then stop?

Q2) Once Im done running the car.........go home, put the battery packs on the smart charger? get them to storage voltage???

Q3) Did the car come dialed in right out of the box? manual talks about numerous adjustments; radio adjustments, steering travel, etc...I assume its a good idea to go through every manual adjustment to be sure?

thanks Vince

Guys,

I grabbed a new Typhon V3 black Fri special last week. (Hobbytown $370)
4S Batteries and charger coming on Monday.

Just some baby basic questions, that I did not see answered in other posts...don't want get burned right out the gate.

Q1) These LiPo battery packs seem powerful, delicate, and expensive..I want keep them healthy for some time! Once I charge them up, how long do I run the car? in the NiCd and Nimh days, you ran the car until it died!
Basically whats the rule of thumb? run a typhon until down to 3.5-3.7 volts? do you need a voltage alarm? or run the car til half speed then stop?

Q2) Once Im done running the car.........go home, put the battery packs on the smart charger? get them to storage voltage???

Q3) Did the car come dialed in right out of the box? manual talks about numerous adjustments; radio adjustments, steering travel, etc...I assume its a good idea to go through every manual adjustment to be sure?

thanks Vince

A little care does need to be taken with Lipo's. They don't like abuse. Make sure your charger settings are correct for the specific battery. It's best to stick to 1c charge rate. When the ESC is set up for Lipo there is a voltage cut off that will not allow the battery to discharge to less than about 3.2-3.5 volt per cell. You will not really notice any difference in performance between a fully charged battery and one that is about to cut off. (That's the beauty of these things). For maximum battery life they should be storage charged if you are not going to use them within a few hours.
I recommend going thru all the set up procedures just to be sure they are correct. You never know unless you did it yourself.
Check all the fasteners before you run. You may want to check camber and toe also. Many disassemble the diffs before running to be sure they are lubed/shimmed properly.
But it's not absolutely necessary. You will want to do it sooner rather than later but you shouldn't have any issues running a few packs thru it first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back