Batteries: 1x6S vs 2x3S in a 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick

Reaction score
Hi,

New to all this so was just wondering if there are any advantages / disadvantages of going with 1x6S vs 2x3S in a 6S RC?

Does either have a performance advantage? Running times? Charging times? Anything else?

I guess with 1 battery theres 1 less battery that could potentially catch on fire?

Thanks.

1 battery is for convenience. Easy mounting, one connection and charging. Only plus side on 2X3S if one lipo go bad. You can still use the other one.
Run time will be the same for same mah ratings. 2X3S might be more heavier due to more plates and wires.
Lipo fire can be avoided using quality lipo and chargers. Be mindfull on the condition of the battery.

There is no change n performance or run duration.
If you have 3S rigs get the 3S packs. I only use 6S packs.
Make sure your charger can handle a 6S pack or for that matter has dual outputs for your 3S.

If your charger does not support charging multiple batteries at once that would be a concern.
Chargers rated at 100 w or less per channel will take over 1 hour to charge a 6s (typically)

If one cell goes out in a 6s pack it is done (unless your are talented with soldering and fixing things)
So in that scenario 1 of the 3s packs is cheaper to replace than the 6s.

For those reasons I lean towards the idea of two 3s packs. Yet I never did it that way. I bought a high end Turnigy Panther 6s pack and never had issues.

Thanks everyone much appreciated.

How long would a 400w charger (is 400w the current maximum?) take to charge a single 6S?

Does it also depend on the battery spec or just the charger?

Depends on what charge rate the battery will safely accept, the capacity of the battery, the discharge amount, what the starting voltage is, and maybe another thing or two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back