Granite Batteries - 2 mid range mah or 1 mega mah?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scv484

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
In your opinion, is it better to go with one battery, say 8000 mah or two say 5200 mah?

I like one battery easier for me. Plus I think using hitec 100 watts single is a breeze.I bought 2 hrb 5000 6s very pleased.

If you have a single battery charger then get one big battery. If you have a multi charger then get two batteries.

Personally, I prefer two batteries.

Right now I use my 'one big battery' the most. I actually picked up a decent 4000mAH gensacearespammers and a MaxAmps to have some known good quantities when I started, but I also picked up some random cheapo 8000mAH model off Amazon. I think the brand was a Zeeee (not sure if I got the right number of 'e's!) I've only had them for a few months, but I basically relegated the gensacearespammers and MaxAmps to my sons Voltage, and I use the big battery all the time in my brushless-converted Granite 4x4. It actually has 8000mAH of capacity according to my charger, and it doesn't seem to overheat or cause me problems so I keep using it. If it blows up or looses a bunch of capacity, I've got the other batteries to fall back on, but since it didn't turn out to be a piece of junk I prefer to use the one big battery.

I'd personally say to get two lower mah batteries over one big battery. Two reasons. 1. Less weight equals less stress on the car's drivetrain and suspension. 2. You can charge one while you are still driving.

For a 3S truck, a lighter battery is better. Less strain on the chassis/shocks/arms.

I run a 7200mah 3S2P lipo in my stampede 4x4 and I literally snapped the chassis in half yesterday. I don't know if it's the batteries fault, but it probably didn't help.
2019-0317-Stampede-CrackedChassis-Bottom.jpg

The only thing holding it together were aluminum straps I put on the side of the chassis to help support my homemade roll bar.

Its better to run 1 battery than 2 in series. More stress on your packs in series and there's the LVC issue. Go to smc-racing.net and click on link at top.

Something to the effect of: Running packs in series and LVC. Read this, it might change your mind on running duals in the 6s line.

Its better to run 1 battery than 2 in series. More stress on your packs in series and there's the LVC issue. Go to smc-racing.net and click on link at top.

Something to the effect of: Running packs in series and LVC. Read this, it might change your mind on running duals in the 6s line.
Since this was in the "arrma 4x4 mega blx" section, I assumed he has a 2s/3s vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back