Kraton Batteries after each use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to storage charge the 4s batteries after each use? I probably won’t be using them until next weekend, so they will just be sitting in their batsafe box till then, Or should I just leave them at the current voltage

I almost always storage charge after use...if I charge a battery intending to use it and then don't, I storage charge (actually discharge) it...the only time I don't is if I'm going camping. There are a few camping spots that I go to that have really good rock crawling spots, so I'll charge up a few batteries before the trip and take them with me...I've got an inverter in the car but I prefer to just have the batteries charged. Even then, the longest I've ever left a battery charged for was 3 days...I wouldn't recommend leaving them charged for a week, and really I wouldn't recommend longer than 48 hours.

Is it a good idea to storage charge the 4s batteries after each use? I probably won’t be using them until next weekend, so they will just be sitting in their batsafe box till then, Or should I just leave them at the current voltage

Yep, I do it within 24 after usally in most cases within a few hours once home. Some batteries I do not bash as often as others so I storage charge them to 3.85 those one sit for a few months or longer and when I come back they are about 3.80 or 3.81 when I do use them.

Happy battery = quickly storage charging it after usage.

Welcome, and enjoy!

My policy is if I’m not going to use them in the next 24 hours they go to storage mode. I usually check and put the spent batteries into storage first and then discharge any unused. I’ve gotten better at estimating our usage and rarely end up going home with charged batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back