Batteries charging or discharging funny?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Brand new talion v4 running 2 powerhobby 5200mah 3s batteries. After running the car to lvc, I plugged the batteries into the charger and the voltage differs a lot. Any reason why?
4886793B-DD44-4F07-9DC8-A8161808C1E2.jpeg

Are those the 75c rated ones? After a couple runs with the ones I have, they've started becoming harder to keep the cells balanced... I just chalked it up to a bad batch...

That is the pack voltage, what do the cells say? Most likely already damaged a cell due to stress but who knows.
The difference in packs is simply because you didn't suck one down as much as the other.

You should never run to lvc, it's damaging your lipos. Stop before based on time or get a voltage alarm.
Always, always plug in the balance plug when charging.

Are those the 75c rated ones? After a couple runs with the ones I have, they've started becoming harder to keep the cells balanced... I just chalked it up to a bad batch...
50c
That is the pack voltage, what do the cells say? Most likely already damaged a cell due to stress but who knows.
The difference in packs is simply because you didn't suck one down as much as the other.

You should never run to lvc, it's damaging your lipos. Stop before based on time or get a voltage alarm.
Always, always plug in the balance plug when charging.

I usually stop running the car once it realizes that the batteries are getting lower and it gets slow. Pack voltage is 11.1v. That’s my problem, I don’t use the balance plugs, I’ll change that.

Educate yourself quickly on Lipo's. You will either cause a fire (worst case) or you will permanently damage your lipos.
Plenty of threads on this forum.

Always use balance plugs for charging
99% of the life of a Lipo should be at 'storage voltage' levels ~ 3.8V, never at full and never at empty
charge prior your runs, never leave a charge packed, never leave it discharged
all this is with +/- a couple days
Storage and charging should be in a fire resistant environment

Search for lipo fire , lipo storage etc. Youtube helps.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-store-a-lipo-battery.8629/

Thanks man. I never knew that you had to use balance plugs while charging. Now I know why all lipid I’ve used in the past started to get short run times quickly.
image.jpg

I'm kind of surprised the charger would even charge them if your in "lipo" mode without the balance tap plugged in.

Always use the balance plug and always balance charge the packs. Don't use "fast charge". While fast charge is quicker, it will likely leave you with cells that are uneven which can become problematic. I'm surprised charger's even have a "fast charge" mode for lipo's... just seems stupid to me.

I'm kind of surprised the charger would even charge them if your in "lipo" mode without the balance tap plugged in.

Always use the balance plug and always balance charge the packs. Don't use "fast charge". While fast charge is quicker, it will likely leave you with cells that are uneven which can become problematic. I'm surprised charger's even have a "fast charge" mode for lipo's... just seems stupid to me.

I’m confused now, when I’m charging do I plug both the ec5 connector and balance plug or just the balance plug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back