Granite batteries failing. new car. HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My son got an 1/10 GRANITE 4X4 V3 MEGA 550 Brushed Monster Truck. It came with the Nimh battery and charger and after maybe 2 runs with it the battery stopped charging. It took hours to charge anyways so I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the Li-Po battery 2s with the Powerstage Bundle. I moved the pins so the truck would take the Li-Po battery and charged said battery. Ran the truck one time with the Li-Po battery and now this battery wont charge. I've put in two help tickets at Horizon Hobby website without any response one for the Nimh issue and another for the Li-Po issue. Any ideas what is causing this issue? Only had the car for about 2 weeks. Spent most of our time waiting on batteries in the mail.

Original charger for the Nimh came with the truck. 0.5A nimh charger
  • Dynamite® 3300mAh 8.4V 7-Cell Speedpack® 2 Hump NiMH Battery
  • (1) ADC-N7 7-Cell NiMH Wall Charger

aftermarket charger Spektrum S150 with a Li-Po 5000mah 7.4v 50C battery (https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/smart-powerstage-bundle-2s/SPMXPS2.html)

Li-Po battery was charged on Li-Po setting at 3.0 A

Last edited:
Do you have the ability to test out put on charger . How are you charging them. Please Post, the type of battery , charger and your rate. That should give the more experienced members more info to help you. It's all in details some times.

updated charger and battery info in original post
What charger are you using for the LiPo? What does the cell voltage read?
I updated the charger types in original post. Personally don't think its the chargers, I think the car is possibly shorting the batteries. I am an electrician by trade so I know electrical but im not familiar with all the little intricacies of the truck.

What is the indication that the battery is not charging?

Have you probed each cell on the balance connector to measure the voltage? If you have a dead cell, that could be one of the reasons for not charging.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back