Kraton Batteries for new Kraton 6S BLX??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tango11

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
New to the electric rc world. What type of batteries should you recommend for a new Kraton? 2 - 3s or one 6s??

I'm not terribly experienced in the higher powered vehicles so I went with 4s on my Kraton. I figured I would get the handling down first then get more powerful batteries.....plus it will be a better battery for my kids and my LHS was out of 6s at the time:) but even if they weren't I still would have got a 4s as well......but that's just me. The more experienced drivers would just go 6s

Using a single battery pack is fastest to change out / set up. I use 2s and 3s also because I have other trucks that can share the packs.
A single 6s is great but you'll have it for only 6s vehicles. In my opinion, 2x3s is most versatile and chances are, you'll want a new 4x4 3s Arrma BLX vehicle soon that can share power. :)

Also, a big capacity 6S takes a higher wattage per ouptput charger to charge quickly. With 3S, you can get buy more easily with a 2x100w charger. A single port 150W charger can handle it though. A 5000mah 3S takes 63W to charge at 1C. A 5000mah 6S takes 126W. A 7600mah 3S takes 96W and a 7600 6S takes 191W.

May not be a huge concern if your just starting out and don't have a charger yet, but it's something to keep in mind when shopping.

For me, I'd always run 2x3S or 2x2S just in case one of the cells craps out, then your not out a big high cost pack.

I purchased one 4s, and two 3s packs when I first started out, and looking back, I probably didn't need the 4s pack. 3s+3s for 6s = crazy, but really only when you hammer it. Learn some throttle control, and you'll be alright...I think... :)

Also, keep in mind the minimum requirements for the Kraton v3:

3S, 4S or 6S Lipo and 35C 5000mAh at a minimum. I love Venom gear, but it comes at a premium.

2x 3s 5000maH 50C gensacearespammers. Had two from my last 3s rig and bought two more to have on hand. Also have 2x 4s 5000maH 50C gensacearespammers packs for the old rig, which now runs a 2050kv motor and 150A esc. No issues with any of these batteries and cost is somewhere in the middle of all the brands.

My buddy ran gensacearespammers packs and he was horrible to them, yet they held up fine. Other than the balance wire breaking because he didn't strap it down. I don't think he ever storage charged them or charged them full. He always ran to LVC. Yet they kept chugging along bash after bash over the course of a year.

I took the end off the packs for him a few times and resoldered the balance leads back on then gorilla taped them back up. They came flying out of his trucks at least once every bash and bounced across the ground as well. He just sucked at maintenance. He only had one little velcro strap on the very rear of the packs on the older style battery tray that didn't have the big trough for the packs to lay in. It came loose all the time and you'd see his packs out launching the truck on occasion. LOL!

New to the electric rc world. What type of batteries should you recommend for a new Kraton? 2 - 3s or one 6s??

I was new to RC and went with 2 x 3s for my Talion. No regrets about going for 6s from the start. One thing I wished I had picked up though, a front (and rear) bumper. My driving isn't very good now but it was terrible at the start, lol.

I forget that I have an outcast when people ask about packs for the talion and kraton. The outcast is pretty twitchy on 4S. 6S and it's barely driveable. My buddies talion on 6S is a lot more predictable than my outcast. That extra inch or so of length really calms things down a bit. Especially since the packs and everything are shoved towards the front still with the only extra length being behind all the weight.

2 x 3s will be more versatile for someone new to electric RC. You can run them in your ARRMA 3s BLX when you buy one (and you will buy one or just a second RC that runs 3s). Just be sure that they both fit into the tray before you buy :)

Single 6s 5400 from SMC. No complaints here. Also have a 4s 7400 from them but haven't touched it since the 6s arrived. : )

I've had good luck with Powerhobby packs. Had an issue with one pack that had a bad cell, they sent me a replacement without any fuss.

I've run 4S 5200mah 50C and 6S 5200mah 75C. I recommend the 75C packs for either... the 50C get a little warm.

Go to Amazon and look for Ovonic Air 6s 4500 mAh 50c batteries. You get 2 for $120! Great packs for the price. And two day delivery ;)

I run pretty much exclusively the lectrapro batteries. 6s packs, I have several 3s packs from them as well for my 3s rigs. I only storage charge when im not going to run the packs for a week or longer. I run them all to LVC and then charge them full otherwise. Never have issues with bad cells or puffiness. They are reasonable as far as prices, but not the cheapest. All my packs are 50c 5200mah. I get solid 20min runs out of my 6s, and 35 40min out of my 3s packs. Totally happy with this brand, although I'm not opposed to trying other products. My 2 cents.

6S for all out crazy fun! 3S and 4s are still fun too just not as crazy fast as the 6S. You’ll def need a more open area with 6S. Also all my batteries are at least 5000 mah 50C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back